I like the NC MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamDH, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Thuggernauttt

scatmaxs are underpowered unlike those OP zoes and TR maxes
  2. IamDH

Shouldnt slugs fix that?
    Well to be fair MAXes aren't made for suppressing fire / medium & long ranges.
    I was indoors so i didnt feel its weaknesses that much

Incredible AI and i managed to take on 2 other MAXes
  3. NovaAustralis

OMG!
    I have Grinders too!
    *swoon*

;)
    • Up x 4
  4. Fang7.62

Mattocks.
    • Up x 4
  5. GamerOS

Randomness in slugs kinda prevent medium range from really becoming viable, sure you can kill some infantry and damage another MAX but it's a bit hit and miss when it comes to how effective that is.

And well, with small mags and long reload times you just can't offer suppressing fire at all.
  6. FateJH

Are Falcons good against enemy MAXes? I know TR HEGs and Fractures are good at doing damage - with Fractures being the only good option because they're not HEGs - but I have a feeling that trying to force NC AI MAX weapons to be anti-MAX might not be the best solution. I know I never fel confident fighting MAXes with my Mutilators no matter what size my magazines.
  7. IamDH

:D
    Im not a cert bank
  8. Xale

Not really. Like the HEG, they suffer from a massive displacement problem, which means aiming directly at a (stationary) target will cause you to miss.

The falcon requires 5 shots (2 reloads) to kill a MAX, which due to its drawbacks and the above mentioned problem can easily slip into 3 reloads.

Big part of the reason the Fracture perceived OP, is because it is reliable and easy to use. It has a tight COF, has a high projectile speed, very low drop, doesn't have the displacement issue, has the same DPS as the Raven, and still has more than 80% of the DPS of the Pounder/Falcon/Comet. In fact if you only shoot 9 shots, its got over 90% of the DPS. (7 shots then reload is equivalent DPS to emptying the mag, 8, 9 is superior)
    • Up x 1
  9. Fang7.62

I unlocked them after I got tired of the derpiness of hacksaws and it improved my MAX life 9000%, get them nao and get exmags for free! Seriously almost double the effective range is worth it and a lot of NC MAXes would shut up.
  10. IronWarrior

I know right, how can anyone not like Godmode in PS2, where you just need to look at a enemy and make them die :)
  11. Torok

We have a loadout for each situation, but we don't have one to fill all roles, probably the one that goes nearest is the scattercannon/grinders with slug.

But it's so fun to try and play all of them, you just need QUITE some certifications, extended mags make you like 40% more efficient, the shield too is very good combined with the kinetic, you put up quite a fight in cqc. ^_^

Mattock Slugs great for outdoor or picking on further away targets, horrible against enemy MAXs
    Grinders with or without slugs for insane biolabs mayhem, and the best against MAXs without slugs. but you won't be able to fight at the landing pads stalemates :(
    Hacksaws slugs for trolling people who will never see death coming and clearing faster than all other weapons, altough it chews through ammo ridiculously fast
    Scattercannons for the most balanced AI weapon, with or without slugs.

Ravens aren't reliable against infantry and not even remotely as lame as Fractures at AI duty, Can't wait for AV MAXs damage nerf against Infantry.

PRO TIP: Slugs are affected by movement accuracy, so if you crouch they are deadly accurate on Mattocks!
    Peace
    • Up x 2
  12. GamerOS

I wonder what that would feel like, sadly I don't have the striker.
  13. NachoFoot

I bought dual Hacksaw back when it was good.

Now I feel cheated since the Hacksaw was nerfed into uselessness.
  14. Mastachief

zoe + blueshifts = wetdream
    • Up x 1
  15. IamDH

Thanks

I think grinders with no slugs is the way to go
    They r like 500 + certs each as far as i can remember

Btw, did you play BLR before? I could have sworn i've seen your name somewhere
  16. llPendragon

I agree with you guys on the fun part. The in-your-face play style of the NC MAX is a hoot.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the Mercy/Fracture and Blueshift/Comet weapon combos are light years better than all the NC MAX weapons put together. However, they just don't provide the same visceral thrill.
    [IMG]
  17. Sledgecrushr

I was really down on the nc max for a long time. So I was incredibly suprised by the data provided in the Oracle of Death post over at planetside universe. Mattocks are the most effective max weapon in planetside 2. So taking this little tidbit of info I went ahead and bought dual mattocks and for me anyways its true. This weapon is really really good. And killing infantry around the 20m mark is satisfying for a longtime nc max user.
  18. Ash87

...Hate them. I really just Do not enjoy playing with one, because their effective range is so low and it's completely counter to how I usually play (I much prefer medium to long range engagements)
  19. Pikachu

Pika-pi. Ash you are supposed to fight at close range with NC MAX. Unless you use the sluggies.
  20. Ash87

Yeah that is my point. I am a medium to long range player. I just can't get my head around running into Knifing range to fight someone with a gun... hence why I use the NS-11A for every medic I play, ever, on any faction.