What will SOE do about tank killers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Rendezvous

I just got back to playing PS2 a few hours ago and decided to roll as a tank for about 30 minutes or less. So I decided to try out the new AP rounds I purchased and within those 30 minutes or most likely even less, some ******* decides to tank mine my tank because I locked my secondary turret.

Here's the screenshot to prove that:
    http://i.imgur.com/lYVpzZO.png

So what do we learn here? The person who purposely placed a tank mine under my tank and blew it up got killed by me after that numerous times because he decided to pick a fight in game? That's part of it. What we learn is that if someone sees a cool *** Vulcan minigun on top of your tank but can't get in, nobody should be able to use it. SOE, gun-on-gun TK'ing may be accidental a lot of times, but is placing a tank mine under someone's tank and blowing it up unintentional?

What I'm asking here is for SOE to look at players killing friendly tanks more seriously whether it's because they can't get in the tank, or some other reason. We spend 450 resources for one pop, that's not a small amount. To have someone take that away by simply placing explosives isn't griefing? It is.

If you want to know who one of the player who intentionally blows up friendly tanks is, then visit my profile page and see my 'Killboard' yourself since SOE doesn't like people posting names of other players on its forum.
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428059527811825137/
    • Up x 2
  2. ZaltCW

It's a rare situation for one, I lock my vehicles to squad and platoon and nobody ever blows them up
    • Up x 4
  3. Rendezvous

Yeah, I do that too but I guess it's because Waterson TR has more self centered players who don't want others to have what they don't have. It's a 20% chance for me whenever I pull a tank. I can't even play as a tank without having to watch out where my friendlies are going because they might just put a explosive on my butt and I end up losing 450 resources or so.
  4. Phyr

If it happens a lot to you, and only you, maybe the problem is you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rendezvous

If I don't want randoms gunning for me what problem is that? From my experience and others, many times, they give your position away by firing at something 1 kilometer away.
    • Up x 1
  6. Excretus Maximus

I blow up any ally that runs me over and doesn't apologize unless it was my fault by not looking around.

I hope they don't change it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rendezvous

But that's not the situation here that I'm explaining now is it?
    My killboard doesn't show me running him over and w/e previously. Only him blowing my tank with a tank mine.
  8. Phyr

Report him for harassment if it makes you feel better.
    • Up x 1
  9. KenDelta

Happens once every 500 tank spawn , don't worry.
  10. Spookydodger

You know, now that I think about this, I've only ever had this happen as a TR. Maybe once as a VS but I couldn't really prove it.

Part of it might be that when I'm in a Magrider, I'm never really stationary and I almost always have a gunner right out of the gate. I remember being TKed as a TR when I accidentally ran someone over.

I do agree that TKs caused by landmines, detonated by you, should result in an immediate weapons lock for a good length of time. Perhaps limit it to when it does no damage to any enemy. I can't think of any real situations where that could be an accident.
  11. Rendezvous

What's the point of reporting? SOE already stated that they don't want to do anything about it unless it happens daily/often, which is something easy to avoid as you can kill one/two, then wait a few days then do it again to avoid being banned. If someone gets intentionally blown up by a friendly tank mine, why should it be ignored?

Perhaps SOE should dig into their files and see if the person:
    1. Planted the mine.
    2. Shot the mine him/herself.
    3. Killed one or more players in the process of it.

That is one of the situations that shouldn't be taken lightly as it's blatant griefing.
  12. Spookydodger

I really wish there was an auto-apology slash command. Usually when I run over an infantry I'm in the middle of dodging anti-tank weapons.

/oops
    results in:
    /tell <my latest victim> Sorry for the TK!
    • Up x 1
  13. Phyr

Then why are you here? Why make this thread?
  14. ironeddie

I squad lock my tank when me & my buddy play. Sometimes its led to people shooting up my tank, which annoys me. I'll often use chat to tell them to stop & I have tk'd repeat offenders for it. Once it led to the guy I tk'd being so angry that he choose to kill me 3 or 4 times over. But I've never had a friendly blow my tank up.

That seems a bit extreme. Personally if it bugs you a lot either report or tk that person every time you see them in game for the next month.
  15. Necron

Find who did it; kill them... That's what SOE lets you do about it. Always kill people who TK you for not playing the game "their way".
    • Up x 1
  16. ironeddie

Its not hard alt the mouse up, click on the guys name in chat & type sorry.
  17. IamDH

Only got tked in a tank once

An LA landed on an friendly tank so i shot him & the C4, resulting in the tanks death by me

#CoolStoryBro
    • Up x 1
  18. Phrygen

happened to me several times.

You have to drive max speed, and then kick them out and keep driving. preferably put them somewhere away from where you want to fight.

or just whisper them that you are sorry but you need the seat.
  19. Rendezvous

"Hey, SOE, there's a problem in the game that should be fixed/looked into."

What is the forum for? To discuss and alert the developers of issues. Minor, or big, it's best to perfect any issues available.
  20. Phyr

People suck, SOE can only do so much, and according to you, it's a minor problem and easy to avoid punishment.

What did you think would happen?