Did striker fix really work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Kaale

Just checked and strikers need lock for both Air and Ground and flares stop the lock. New mechanic does not effect Grounder just Stiker so not all lock ons have changed.
  2. Justicia

Yes it's not every time (in fact, very rarely) but last night I most certainly was hit by multiple striker rockets a couple seconds after using flares.
    • Up x 1
  3. Diewoe

Maintaining lock doesn't stop the flying straight up bug. I tested the striker this morning and it's flaring itself "again" when the first one hits the flash of smoke makes the other 4 shoot skyward lol.
  4. Handsi

I can confirm this. My reaver was getting hit by all 5 rockets after popping flares. Flares are broken, as are the rockets flying straight up in air. I don't know what they did but it's not good.
  5. LowTechKiller

Good lord...there's no pleasing the chronic whiners.:confused:

The "fix" now makes the Striker's rockets veer waaaaay off their original course when pilots pop flares, just to keep the "they're still hitting me" whiners from having a full-on stroke. This rocket behavior is not a bug...it's intended.
    To clarify...after the "fix", when you pop FLARES, Striker rockets will shoot (generally) skyward to make sure they don't still hit the pilots who are dumb enough to sit still. The animation from the Striker's point of view makes it look like an invisible shield has deflected the rockets away from the aircraft. It's very effective.

If you're still seeing rockets hit you after you flare, it's due to lag, since the hit is initially registered on the shooter's client.

I've used the Striker a lot since the fix, and the only thing that's buggy for me is that your flares don't render for me most of the time. It's not a problem though, because I can tell from my "lock" animation and by my rockets' behavior exactly when you popped them.

By the way, I don't use the Striker much against tanks, so I cannot really say what changes have occurred between the striker and SMOKE.

So far, the Striker is behaving pretty consistently with the patch notes, and I can always work with a consistent weapon. It's not bad, overall. Certainly not game-breaking, or should I say...Striker-breaking.
  6. Handsi

Interesting from a striker's point of view. I fly a lot and I never sit still and duck, dodge, dip and dive everywhere and popping flares doesn't work over 50% of the time at the moment, all striker rounds still hit me, sometimes even after I have flown way beyond their range. SOE screwed up again and I expect they will be fixing the hot fix that fixed the other hotfix that fixed the patch etc ;-)
  7. Regpuppy

I... I saw an NC air presence yesterday. I don't know how to react to that.
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

Nope, still getting hit after popping flares, flying 500m away, and changing directions multiple times.
  9. Diewoe

I Understand your post completely and agree with it BUT my rockets were not "FLARED" by the ESF and it was not IR smoked by the tanks and i never lost lock. The first one would hit the other 4 would shoot straight up. Having Only 3 out of 5 hit is normal and makes the striker playable when you got 2 to 3 going at the same time. Hitting with just 1 as the other 4 shoot skyward because it "flared itself" and maybe causing your fellow strikers to do the same thing making 1 out of 12 hit is crazy broken.

Also the hitting after someone flares i have had this happen to me. I have hit ESF's with the rockets i get off before they pop a flare. As in lets say i pop 2 shots off and THEN the ESF Flares, about 20% of the time 1 or both those Rockets would hit. I have not seen this happen though in over a week or more while using my Striker, but i do see the rockets shooting straight up after the first one hits and the player DID not Flare or use IR smoke.
  10. axiom537

It is a little better. But breaking LOS once a lock is made, isn't stopping the rockets from tracking and hitting the target. (If you lock the target and launch your rockets, but keep your gun aimed at the green lock-on box, even as the aircraft move behind terrain, the green box stays on the aircraft, the rockets still follow the target and hit, even though LOS has been lost from the striker user.

I also think the damage output is still too much for such an easy to use and versatile weapon.