Enforcer Modified: Why the hate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Sep 14, 2013.

1. WTSherman

Actually, it already has automatic fire, and at a somewhat decent rate too, though it could stand to go faster. It definitely needs a larger magazine though, it has to reload far too often for what it does. 10-12 rounds would be nice, 15 would probably bring it up to par with a Fury, 20 would put it on par with a Vulcan.
    • Up x 1
  2. MGAMIKA

You guys are not the only harasser out there with the enforcer-modified (I got it because I wanted a troll weapon (like the AC-X11 is a poor mans SMG)). But great work (once my pc gets upgraded I may get more driver exp while my gunner drives (I can't even play on a low pop indar)).

REALLY SOMEONE GOT IT FOR A TANK (-.-) I always laugh every time I see a Vanguard with it (I was close to buying it... till the harasser came out (which I did not use for 2 months)).
  3. Deschain

I rolled it on a VG with HE main once when TR was foot zerging a base, random guy who got in earned himself 32kills in 5mins while I was lolpodding the AMS spawns he was mopping up the runners. That being said is the ****tiest weapon ever imagined and definitely needs a re think, the range is ****, the mag size is **** and the dmg nerf was over exaggerated because of reddit trolls.
  4. KAHR-Alpha

And they increased the magazine size to compensate this exactly against infantry, and even added the magazine cert line: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...2nd-2013-6am-pt-3pm-cest.127601/#post-1753938

3*250=5*150
    • Up x 1
  5. Xale

Yeah, except you forgot an important factor - pellet count.
    They reduced the pellets from 12 to 8, in other words
    3*250*12 != 6*150*8
  6. KAHR-Alpha

Well, it's stated to be per shot, not per pellet, so I'm assuming the damage is distributed evenly between all the pellets here.
  7. Xale

No, the damage listed is and always has been per pellet. For every single shotgun in the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. KAHR-Alpha

In that case, either the patch notes are incorrect, or the implementation is not as intended since it's pretty obvious what they went for with that magazine size increase.

Either that or there's some odd damage multiplier at work here against infrantry, as it got its damage type modified.
    If the damage has indeed been reduced against infantry, then it's silly.
    • Up x 1
  9. lothbrook

I can't tell you if its been reduced, i've only used it since after the change, what i can tell you is i've hit infantry with it at almost point blank and had them survive, and anything thats like 10m or further away almost always takes at least 3 shots, this is all while having to be completely still btw, lol, also the mag cert line is a joke, 500 for 1 extra round.
  10. Regpuppy

Simple reason, OP? Everything the Enforcer Modified can do can be done better by the basilisk(AI/AV) or the kobalt(AI), at any range. With more ammo per magazine, more accuracy, and better DPS/DPM against vehicles. Kobalt trumps it against infantry in every way and basilisk just trumps it at everything. You could even use the halberd to greater effect against infantry if you're good with it. If I was standing by a few random tanks and I saw a decked out Vanguard with an Enf. Mod. and a dinky stock one with a basilisk. I'd rather gun the basilisk every time.
    • Up x 2
  11. Shatters

All the guy does is showing single/double kills and/or finishing off badly damaged vehicles, hardly worth noticing. Any other AI dedicated weapon would have been twice as effective.

It is abit like killing people with a pistol while they have a SMG. It can be done, but the other option is far superior in every situation.

Same for the enforcer modified. It does crappy damage vs vehicles, it is medicore at best versus infantry (and with a very low effective range and low ammo capacity at that). When using the enforcer modified, you might as well sit in the third seat and use your regular weapon.
    • Up x 1
  12. Edenwolf

There is hate because it's mostly useless outside of the 15m range where TR marauder and VS PPA can kill from much farther ranges.

Devs response to new NC content: just slap a shotgun on it.
    • Up x 3
  13. Laraso

Well, from my experience I can tell you that is completely untrue, or at least it would be if they hadn't changed it. The original Enforcer Modified was fantastic IMO, yet I still never saw anyone use it, which has me confused at this point.
  14. Regpuppy

It was decent, but it still wasn't excellent before the change. No one used it then because the kobalt still outperformed it. Seriously, if you know how to aim, the kobalt is like a sniper.
    • Up x 2
  15. Pikachu

C85 can hurt tanks but its slower at destroying efs, flash and harasser than s12 renegade. The UBSG require less shots against those targets as well. It takes ~95 seconds and shots to destroy a sunderer. It takes 40 seconds to do the same with marauder or ppa, and those weapons do full damage at any range.
    • Up x 2
  16. Laraso

Before the change, I was able to one-shot infantry from up to ~70m away. I have to disagree, the Enforcer Modified felt way more powerful than the Kobalt at close/midrange, the only exception being long range where the Kobalt was always superior.
  17. Regpuppy

70m away? I feel you're exaggerating there. I never remember it performing that well.
    • Up x 1
  18. Laraso

Not exaggerating. At ~70m it wasn't a guaranteed instakill, but you had a decent chance for it, all depending on how the pellets spread out on each particular shot. Even if you didn't kill them in one hit, at the ~70m range, you could easily two-shot infantry. ~40m was where you were pretty much guaranteed a one-shot-kill, as long as you aimed it correctly.

This isn't coming from some kind of data sheet though, just my memory, so I'd have to get in a Vanguard and play around with waypoints to get accurate ranges.
  19. Hibiki54

I have it. Maxed out, even. Above is why I never use it anymore.
  20. Laraso

Well, I just checked it in game, and the ranges were close but slightly off. Instead of 70m being the max range, it was closer to 80m, and the range at which you were guaranteed an instakill was actually 50m, not 40m.

So, yeah...