17 Killstreak (again) analysis | my second commentary | tips and tricks for infantry play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moukassin, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Moukassin

Hello guys this is my second commentary.

In the video i analyse one my recent killstreak (17 kills again!) and explain why and how it was possible, it began at Grey Heron shipping on Esamir and ended at Nott Substation during an alert.

I was using the heavy assault class with this loadout:
    Anchor, x1 scope, flash suppressor, laser sight
    Desperado, laser sight
    NS decimator
    AV grenade
    nanoweave 5
    resist shield 5

my english is getting better but in this video i putted a lot of intel in the form of text so feel to pause the video to read or watch a second time.
    • Up x 3
  2. Kacho Seiyo Arino

Yup, that'd do it.
  3. KenDelta

Nice video but you could've summed it up with :

4. Laraso

Is there any specific reason you chose the Decimator? It has a slower rocket speed, slower reload, smaller ammo reserves, identical splash damage, and only 300 more direct hit damage in comparison to the Shrike. In fact, since the Decimator carries less spare rockets, you're actually getting a lower total damage from your ammo reserves. The only time when you're carrying more potential damage is when you're using the maximum rank of the Munitions Pouch, which you obviously aren't doing. The only real advantage to the Decimator is that it is more effective at killing a MAX.
  5. Moukassin

i'm bought it quite recently with certs and i'm working the auriaxium on it. The default RL is not bad too I used it most of my playtime, but what i enjoy the most with the decimator is that it can instagib an ESF!

what do you use on your heavy assault?
  6. KenDelta

Mesh gen and Extra Frag/Rocket ammo.
    • Up x 1
  7. Iridar51

Awesome video. Impressive kills.
    And again, the treasure is commentary. Keep up the good work =)
    • Up x 1
  8. HadesR

Interesting video

:)
    • Up x 1
  9. Zotamedu

I chose the decimator because it hits harder and it's hard to be get sustained damage from a rocket launcher. How often do you find a good spot where you can fire all rockets on one target in peace where you also do not have access to extra ammunition?

While hunting tanks for instance, you rarely have the chance to actually hit with all rockets before you get blown up.
  10. Laraso

Well, to be fair, if you hit an ESF with the Shrike, it leaves them with a critical amount of health, and if they don't have fire suppression they'll die two seconds after the rocket hits. So, it's still basically instagib, the difference is that the Shrike's superior muzzle velocity and extra rocket makes it easier to do and also leaves more room for error.

All the time, actually. But that's just because I have a Phoenix! :p
  11. Moukassin

Yeah it a valid loadout for AV purposes, certed the extra rockets too, also tried advanced shield capacitor but nanoweave outperform them all in term of versatility.
    for example in this video you see me survive 2 or 3 times with few bars of health, that's the utility of nano 5 and resist shield
  12. Bennybones

This is an excellent video. Hats off to you. The commentary is brilliant, specially for newer players.
    • Up x 1
  13. MykeMichail

Would not suggest pre-switching to rocket launcher because you see armor on map. That is a good way to get caught with your rocket launcher out.

Rocket launcher should be treated like any other tool - see a use for it, pull it out, use it, put away. Or as I like to put it to the guys in my outfit:

You never want to get caught with your tool in your hands.
  14. Moukassin

yeah it's true that you can't pull it anytime, I didn't mentioned it but you have to make sure that your surroundings are clear (wich was the case in the video)
    thanks for correcting i'll try to be more clear in the next episode