Misunderstanding the Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Makora

Striker is a pain in the *** to use. Target too close and you have to find that center "sweet spot" to even begin to get a lock. Too far and usually people flare or fly past a butterfly so you are standing out there like a yard post.

Yeah I get it, you don't like to get hit. I don't like to get hit. You know what's worse then getting hit? Getting hit five times. And that is exactly what is going on.
    I would of loved the striker if it was a 5 shot version of a fracture. But it isn't, it's a weapon and I use it. Why? Because QQ is so tasty. I don't really like the weapon but in honesty I use it as a sort of flip off at an enemy. Especially ESF's, I have a hatred with a passion for ESF's.

And as for the "We can't fly!" argument. Enemy air, meet Area Denial. That's what infantry are for.
  2. Czuuk

Accept that it has been broken since it was released and SOE admitted so. Now that it no longer ignores terrain, it is a fair weapon. As a result, more TR on Waterson have been opting for something else.
  3. Lampenfieber

When i play TR and we see enemy armor coming, we go to a high place with strikers and we change that into a sundy with infantry, them we use the prowlers and won :-D

Strategy? i try to do this with my NC... nah... strikers are op! need nerf
  4. CptFirelord

If you flew last night, that's after the hotfix which straightened everything out, so I should certainly HOPE they didn't ignore flares. Exposed? LOL! Striker is exposed, Phoenix is fire from the spawn room.
  5. Utrooperx

Was defending last night...Bad Guys (VS) had us pinned in the spawn room with 5 or 6 Mag-riders...couldn't move without being slaughtered...a Mag-rider parked himself right out in the open in front of the door with a Engineer beside him behind some crates...I pumped 5 Striker shots into him, reloaded...Engineer repaired him...I pumped 5 more...Engineer repaired him while I reloaded and re-acquired lock...rinse and repeat while cap timer counted down...finally gave up and re-deployed...

Some "OP" weapon, I'll tell you...I bet that tanker was laughing his *** off...I felt like I was throwing spitballs at him!
  6. Jube

Umm....No.
    The recent changes really aren't any big deal and will have little or no effect when you zerg. We will still pull the Strikers out and Noob NC/VS players will still be on these forums gripping their tear soaked hankies.
    I've said before and I'll say it again the ONLY way to fix the Striker is to change it's guidance system.
  7. Keiichi25

And this shows you only know of it in one instance... Are you also the same with the foolish notion of stating that no vehicle can get within 300m of an NC base?

If so, please also explain how is it that the NC can lose a base, surrounded by armor... And if you go 'LOL Infantry' or 'NC is bad', even with my feelings about the Connery NC at times... You will also realize that the Phoenix users do spam infantry with it, but not very successfully, nor do they completely deny armor 300m from a base because the spawnroom does not allow them to hit 360 from there, the turn radius of the phoenix is not super great and the fact that you actually have to fire the Phoenix a certain way from the spawn room, or it explodes, like any other launcher does. So yes... The Phoenix user does have to take a position that can be exposed given that they will need to be within 300m of a target, sometimes engaging FURTHER from the spawn room because not all the bases have the spawn room in the center of the base, but on the butt end of one, which also implies attackers are not always going to *gasp* be on the side of the spawn room that would give them the most shot access.

And also, let's not forget, some of those spawn room locations, even on the edges, are obscured by buildings or terrain, which means, to get a good shot at times requires the person to *gasp* step OUTSIDE of the spawn room.

When you argue something... Don't stick to one absolute... Accept the fact that the other scenarios do happen and when you go to your absolute, take into SERIOUS consideration just how that absolution situation comes into play, because often times, you find that even the NC who adopt this stance tend to find the Phoenix to be more of a hinderance at times.
  8. NachoFoot

There's your OP weapon right there. Phoenix can't fire from the spawn but Striker can.

That puts it in perspective to how much the Striker is broken...