Enforcer Modified: Why the hate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Laraso

This is a legitimate question. I've been using it when I solo with my Vanguard for as long as I can possibly remember. Using the AP cannon with max zoom optics for the main gun, and using an Enforcer Modified with thermal vision for dealing with infantry who get too close for comfort. The Enforcer Modified is more than capable of ripping apart any engineer or light assault who thinks they're clever and try to mine/C4 me. It only takes one shot to kill.

But, I've noticed that pretty much everyone and their dog thinks its useless. I really can't understand why, especially since it was given the ability to damage vehicles. So, why do you all hate it? I really don't get it.
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

When it was given the ability to damage vehicles, they reduced the damage per shot by 2.5x as well. So, yeah...
    • Up x 4
  3. Laraso

Really?

I'll admit, I haven't used my Vanguard very much in a long time. But for the few times I do hop into it, it still seems to work just fine.

And even before they changed it, I never saw anyone use it ever.
  4. Fredfred

If you think it is so damn good, why aren't you getting 18,000 kills with it?
  5. Laraso

I never said it was "so damn good". I'm just asking why everyone else thinks it's useless.
  6. Blarg20011

I've kind of wondered the same thing, from what I can tell is it as good as the other factions? Probably not, is it up to par? probably not, is it completely worthless? No.

I would give it 10 rounds per mag (or an extended mags cert), a slightly higher RoF, and automatic fire (because clicking is hard)
  7. CaligoIllioneus

It's nearly worthless against vehicles (go to VR training and try to kill a sundy with it and see how much time it takes, or hell, even a harasser, compared to the other empire specific AI weapons, and that's only up close) mediocre against infantry, and that's when they're actually close. Even a Kobalt fares better than this gun. Basically the infantry has to be right there close to the vehicle in order to be of any use, and it makes you reload a lot. Compare this with a common pool Fury and well....
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

Used to be 12 pellets of 250 damage, or 3000 damage per shot.
    Now it's 8 pellet of 150 damage, or only 1200 damage per shot.

It was a pretty significant nerf.
    • Up x 3
  9. Laraso

Wow, I'll have to take a look at it then.

Still, I have to wonder why nobody ever used it before the change. I've literally never seen any Vanguard (or Harrasser) use it, ever, in the entire time that I've played this game.
  10. Fredfred

I occasionally see it on a vanguard, poor guy, he is usually the first to die.
  11. CrashB111

Kobalt is better for dedicated AI work since it has range.

Halberd or regular Enforcer are better for everything else since they are good AV and decent AI.
    • Up x 1
  12. Klypto

This pretty much is why.

The significant reduction in effective range is not worth the amount of shots it takes to reliable down a target. Well, that and considering you can down far more targets before the clip is empty. If the "cannon" worked more like the canister shell in BF3 I would consider using it. Currently it's more practical for a Halberd to be used as AI.

-From someone who's unlocked and used all of the Vanguard weapons and items in different configurations.
  13. Tekuila

14. Fredfred

For every video of someone on a kill streak with the c85 there is a 100x more with the marauder or even PPA.
  15. NC_agent00kevin

If anything that video show how terrible it is compared to other AI options. Especially at 46s where he unloads a magazine and doesnt even get a kill though the corsshairs were right on two enemies.

Besides that, anyone could surely dedicate a few nights to using the most terrible weapon they could find, then spend a few hours editing out where it sucks to produce a video with a cool soundtrack that makes it look totally awesome.
    • Up x 3
  16. Tekuila

You guys are missing the point, the videos aren't to make it look good.

At best it is currently a troll weapon.
    • Up x 3
  17. Fredfred

Only one that got trolled in that video, is the NC that bought it with certs/SC.:eek:
  18. Tekuila

He's BR100 with a surplus of certs, wasn't really an issue.
  19. CaligoIllioneus

I think you chased my Wratih Fury Flash with that Harasser some time ago in Snake Ravine :p I think it may have been you because I don't believe there's any other Enforcer Modifier Harasser in Waterson...anyways I got hit by the gun and lost my shields while the Flash lost a bit of HP, and I managed to evade while cloaked.

It was quite fun.

As for the Enforcer Modified on a Vanguard....who would want to gun that? I mean the gun is so useless at even medium range that you'd spend 90% of the time doing absolutely nothing except maybe spotting enemies for the driver. I would be bored to tears, causing me to not notice the C4ing LA :p
  20. OddChelsea

I've gunned a C85 vanguard before, it was an HE vanguard too so that's like a double unicorn of fail! Shockingly I actually had fun. Don't get me wrong the gun sucked HARD but it was still fun. I initially only gunned for him because I felt bad that he was going to be without a gunner. I think we all know how I knew that, I'm psychic.
    • Up x 2