[BUG] Anyone notice recon darts acting differently?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Booface, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Booface

Yesterday I was fighting near point C at Saerro. Some NC guys took up residence in the C building. So, naturally, I would fire a dart as I moved toward C building. Each time I did that, the building would seem empty. But as soon as I moved within the range of my own recon dart, all of a sudden my minimap would go red with half a dozen blips. I could move outside the range of the dart, and my minimap would go blank again. Move inside the range, and all of a sudden I'm surrounded.

Very annoying, since I often shoot recon darts ahead or at chokepoints to know what sort of situation I'm moving in to. This would give me a false sense of security until enemies were quite close to me.

It was doing that all afternoon. So, just investigating here, is anyone else seeing behavior where their recon darts only detect enemies if you are also within the range of the dart yourself?
  2. Giggily

It could just be culling.
  3. Pozidriv

Due to performance issues the recon tool is now subject to culling, reducing CPU load by 0,1% for the affected players. More optimization breakthroughs will continue on the issue of hit detection, there are still reports of users hitting their intended target.

:eek:
  4. Laraso

I thought this was a known bug with infil darts? It's been like that for as long as I can remember. If I remember correctly, as long as someone in your faction (not just you) is inside the dart's range, the dart will function correctly.

Speaking of which, I'm seeing tons of radar darts ever since the Scout Radar nerf, but the vast majority of them don't pick up any enemies. Either people need to start upgrading their infil's radar gun, or this bug has gotten worse.
  5. Tommyp2006

What's really annoying, is that you can now very faintly see ENEMY recon darts. That shouldn't happen.
    • Up x 2
  6. Booface

I just wanted to hear from a few infiltrators to see if this is a new thing or I just was unlucky with a glitch yesterday. If it's happening more often now, then that's a shame. Like recon darts needed another strike against them.
  7. LowTechKiller

I wondered what those red ones were...