[Suggestion] Mustarde and other pros, sacrifice your bodies. Embarrassment is the key.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hoki

If you're a pro sniper in a corp with MLG potential, you could be the key to either getting bolt actions buffed or nanoweave nerfed.

MLG is a competitive thing and its an arena that I think can be utilized to shame the designers into action.

Imagine Higby and others spectating an MLG match, flying around, spectating from different points of view. Now they switch over to Mustarde who is using an M-77B or TSAR-42 with a silencer.

"Hey, lets switch on over to see some of this sniper action! Here you can see a talented sniper, and it looks like he is utilizing our new Straight Pull-bolt attachment to great effect, lets check it out!"

*tink*
    *tonk*
    *tonk*
    *tink*
    *tank*
    *tonk*
    *tink*

"Oooookay! Lets back to marg, whats going on back at the Max/Medic/Engy circle jerk?"
  2. MajiinBuu

Mustarde is a great sniper. He's killed me numerous times.
    But one time I saw him in a MAX!
  3. Astraka

*gasp* ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. m44v

Snipers in a MLG match? wth.
  5. Darkelfdruid_LOL

There are no such thing as pro infi!!

It's the cloak that nakes us invisible and thus pro :>

:D

:D

Nerf bolt actions..... :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Mustarde

I hate to rain on your parade... Last week BWC scrimmed vs SturmGrenadier (NC Mattherson outfit). Here's what happened.

I don't have the time to post about how small scale combat differs from live server and how that impacts infiltrator gameplay, (upcoming blog post perhaps), but needless I say, I rarely get in situations where nanoweave has an impact during scrims. (BWC has done 4 in the last 6 weeks)
    • Up x 5
  7. Hoki

Yes it would be a sacrifice. It would mean not using the rams and using a silencer, and playing as if you didn't even know people could survive a headshot, so that the commentators have to explain what is going on.

Im not saying that sniper rifles can't be effective in a match. You killed a max with a knife and two heavies with a pistol. You couple probably capture an enemy warpgate like the latest battlefield friends video.

The sacrifice is that you play as a sniper. Going for headshots with a sniper rifle from a sniping position.
  8. IamDH

Hey mustarde, you need to KETCHUP

Get it, ketchup..catch up...what? Ok ill stop
    • Up x 2
  9. MrMurdok

Wow man, just, just wow, you know? Wow.
    • Up x 2
  10. Rogueghost

Your armistice sounds differnt, did they change the audio on whatever server (test?) you're playing on?
  11. Get2dachoppa

He killed me once in a Prowler. I almost told him to turn in his Infiltrator card. Of course, he'll just say he's following orders but I don't buy it. I think we'll see him switch to primarily playing Heavy Assault before long. :p
  12. Shuuda

I think most people, including myself, would see it more like comic relief rather than damnation of SoE.

Your delusional, rabid, and confounding behaviour never cease to make me laugh at least.
  13. Hoki

Its actually happened before during a friday night ops, and was dismissed as being too far away.
    I explained the intent in detail. I am neither delusional nor confounding. I may be rabid, my first thought was to respond go **** yourself. :eek:
  14. Scudmungus

This thread is interesting. Weird, but interesting.

Maybe it's interesting because it's weird...
  15. Mustarde

They did change the audio, and it was pushed to live server with this weeks patch.

And Hoki, I was using the SR-7, not the RAMS.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think SOE needs help to realize nanoweave is an issue. It was blasted on the forums nearly every day for weeks and weeks on end. They have yet to weigh in on that issue publicly, but word on the street is that a fix is in the works. Since optimization is the current priority, all that stuff is on hold.

I find that while a suppressor lets you blend in on live server, in a scrimmage environment, you get one or two kills before you are identified. Good teams pretty much saturate their AO (area of operations) with darts so there's almost no point in fitting a suppressor. I find that long range sniping is of no use against such small numbers of constantly moving players. This may change with 48v48 sized fights (which is ultimately what MLG will be).

If you can imagine a commentator if they had my viewpoint of that SG match... you wouldn't know that we infiltrators had any problems to begin with.
    • Up x 1
  16. AnuErebus

48 v 48 on a maps like the Nexus. Now I don't know exactly how big the Nexus is but from what I've seen in videos is a map large enough that platoons will have to split up a fair bit to cover most of the map. We might see 48 v 48 fights occur around major objectives but I imagine most of the fights will involve 2 or fewer squads on either side. So what you're encountering in these scrims is likely what you'll be seeing in MLG.
  17. Drsexxytime

The new empire snipers doing 1000dmg will fix the nanoweave issue, 1200 smeds only too.
  18. Hoki

Hrmm maybe its better if you don't MLG at all. Have you unlocked the bipod for the chainblade yet?
  19. Scan

Despite my period of rage and QQ about nanoweave, and bolt action rifles, in general I believe Infiltrators aren't weak at all. I needed a break away from the game... and had my bad mood and overall fatigue affect my judgement. After having taken a break and getting some rest, I'm feeling better and enjoying the game again.

On a good day I can easily kill a large numbers of enemies, and get away with it. Either I'm OHK them at medium range, or I'm gunning them down within a fraction of a second with a SMG, without the enemy having a clue where I came from, or where I went. I can't do that with another class.

The nanoweave issue is an annoyance, that only affects the person that is sniping. Since there's not many people sniping, and sniping is considered to be non-contributing to the team effort, there's no problem at all as far as the masses are concerned.

It would however be nice to make sniping more viable again, so we'll have another option to fiddle around with, when we're not in a CQB mood.
  20. DrTeeth

Nanoweave isn't a *major* issue lads. All we need is a little adjustment to the damage fall-off calculations, so instead of ~35, ~55, ~75 meter OSK for the 3 "tiers" (suppressed normal, normal / suppressed RAMs, RAMs) it is, say ~70, ~85, ~100.

That's it. Very quick and simple to do, and coupled with the boosting of the other suit slots (in particular Flak working against rocket hits, that's major) and the problem is solved.