Unprofessional.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sossen, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sossen

So you think they QA-tested this hotfix? Because except for the last question, which is clearly hyperbole, the questions are actually quite serious. I think it's disrespectful of you to not realize that most of the people complaining now have done exactly this, in the past. "Can you please fix this?"

Well, this time it isn't really about fixing anything. I sincerely hope they will get this hotfix in shape and I would love to see the optimization go through without a hitch. But this kind of mistake isn't just a mistake. It shows a serious lack of quality assurance. I'm disappointed by this kind of business practice, and I think it's justified by the fact that I've spent 100$+ on their product. If anything, it's disrespectful of them to release a hotfix in this state.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phazaar

If you had any kind of background in programming, you'd understand there are tens of thousands of companies producing constant new content and updates to programs that are critical. Peoples lives and livelihoods are in the balance. I've used a lot of these types of programs in my career (from stock markets to medical databases and the control of the national grid) and I can tell you with 100% certainty. I've -never- seen an update do anything LIKE what this 'hotfix' did. Why? Because -all- professional programming teams have professional quality assurance teams working alongside them. Because when they roll out an update, it spends a week, a month, maybe a year, being tested under -actual- conditions, not 'Yeah Higby, me and Luperza logged into all the servers whilst they were still locked but we'd already pushed the patch to live, and everything was fine.' They -all- have those teams, unless of course the public are being used as said QA.

Yes, bugs occur, even in critical applications. Yes, some of those bugs make it through QA. It becomes blindingly obvious each time this happens that absolutely no real QA of any kind is performed on the patches before they go live.

If they are trying to suggest that a QA team (even a single person) testing a patch that had barely a dozen changes in it, didn't notice that when they fired the PPA (they did fire a PPA, right?! - no, clearly they didn't) it looked like they'd become Ra, the sun God... And if their QA team had had a go a few months ago and never once got in a tank to notice that all tank projectiles didn't fire... Or after that, when Prowler projectiles were firing at hitscan speeds, not a one of them noticed that that was gamebreaking... And none of them noticed that the warpgate shields were off...

I'd go on with examples, but I truly hope that you can stop being an apologist for long enough to see the ridiculousness of suggesting that 'bugs' of this magnitude (they're not really bugs imho, they're mistakes) would be too hard for a QA team to have found even if they were only given the 90 minute patch down time...

They have a test server that we asked for for -exactly- this reason. SOE know how to run player test servers. They used to do exceedingly well running the SWG one. It both had bug fixes up on it, and trials of new mechanics (until they ruined it, of course). That's what it should be used for, with a much larger preference for testing builds before they go live, rather than 'Here's 500 new mechanics we MIGHT put in game, on and don't worry about all the bug fixes you THOUGHT should have been in this patch... They're totally in the bag, no worries.'
    • Up x 4
  3. JudgeDeath

I see you aint a PR person either.
  4. Fugs

I concur, highly unprofessional. Seems as though the company hasn't changed since the inception of Star Wars Galaxies.
  5. Laraso

Oh boy, I always chuckle when people say this. Listen, this isn't the first time SOE has done something like this. Do you really expect everyone to bend over and kiss *** until all of the problems magically go away? If they make a "piece of sh*t", then that's exactly what you should call it.

You're not going to see change by showering SOE with feel-good words like "please" and "thank you". You need to make them see the gravity of the situation, and make them understand that they messed up and that they need to fix things ASAP.
  6. Flapatax

TIL "please" and "thank you" are feel-good words.
  7. Laraso

They are with the way he's using them.

"Please, SOE, can you please fix these bugs? Pretty please? Thank you!"
  8. italktowalls

9. SikVvVidiT

Owned!
  10. Lampenfieber

I agree.

SOE is not the corner company who made printer maintenance, is a huge company with alot of history in game world, made this amazing game and dont know what to do now.

To me, looks like the developers who made the game are now Planetside 2 is not SOE focus anymore, they have pontual fixes to do and montly release as part of a plan to made the game more compatible with PS3/4 and keep the work going in some way.

So, no Hossin... no Roadmap changes... no Lattice in Amerish... no MGL... no Battle Islands... dont get me wrong, i like the changes in Esamir, the new things in test server, but the team have resources to do some old changes and its not even close to be what was promissed.

I spend money here, i have Auraxian membership since since the beta i am disapointed with the game way today. But i hope this new reason to delay everything(optimization) happen ingame not just a forum topic. Mostly because i like the game and i still believe the dev team can made amazing things if they got more organized.
  11. DG-MOD-02

Closing this down now. Please keep posts constructive and respectful when using these forums.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.