Waterson NC - Leadership

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Badname707

There's a lot of bad blood from the months around release, from issues that are more or less completely outdated. The disunity is a result of dozens of little personality clashes that made certain outfits hate other outfits, and a general ****show over command (at least back in the day, it's somewhat better now) that ended in tons of people muting it.

Most of my outfit (DVS), and surely other outfits, have performed a mass exodus away from command chat. Though I keep it on for some reason, I don't blame them. Most of talk over command chat is A) "We need help at X location, please help now!" B) Someone whining about command chat C) Someone complaining about a person whining over command chat. None of this does anything good. To top that off, they're usually on another continent, but at least they usually know to say "Indar" or "Esamir" at the beginning of their message.

I'm not positive that it's been doing anything, but I've been broadcasting when I move my platoon to a different lattice lane, and it seems to pull some additional help when we're moving to a base that is outnumbered by platoons. I've also used it to get nearby leaders to check out /re chat.

There is/was a coalition at one point, but it died out as the personality clashes started to take center show on the boards there, rather than organization. There were just too many outfits involved, so we got caught up trying to work things out for everybody, instead of just 5-6 outfits that could actually manage to participate regularly. Every once in a while someone will post, and it seems there are still those who troll around waiting for something to happen there, but nothing actually ever does. It's possible to be revived, but people just don't talk on those forums.

You can PM me for a link, if you're NC.
  2. Badname6587

Didn't DVS disband? Figured they'd have collapsed amongst all of that great leadership they had.

Oh, I miss DVSrapid crying in command chat. Those were the days.
  3. NeoKhor

I know how you feel man. I encounter such situations quite often
    I know how you feel. I encounter such situations quite often. Even though I am not a squad/platoon leader, I attempt to advise players during a battle (eg, medics please heal) to get the occasional "**** man!"
  4. Aegie

idk I just logged off after an alert on Esamir where TR only had 37% vs NC 32% and the TR were still just rolling over everyone. I think that may help explain why there are times where NC could care less about the alerts. Maybe it is Waterson specific issue but idk- it sure was not very much fun though.
  5. DashRendar

I have to throw an honorable mention to RoyRogerzMcFeely. After outfit jumping on NC Waterson for a few month, I've now been in two of his platoons and he has shown himself to be very competent. He doesn't get frustrated or angry with the people in his platoon for not doing well and he shows a decent amount of tactical awareness on the battlefield. I joined the outfit this morning, hoping this keeps up.
  6. why spend my cash?

I love it.
    HAMMERBOSS WAS HERE !!!
  7. Bill Hicks

No this isnt about being new. Its about utter idiocy. The NC got most of the bads and people too casual to care about getting better.
  8. Lampenfieber

Some NC guys want to command but dont have the "mojo" to do it, who have dont want to spend time doing and who want to, get sick with some of today ones using the Leader chat and just dont care.

This is what happen! :)
  9. Badname707