So... SMG infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raraldor, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ThePackage

Powerful in the right hands does not mean it's overpowered. One good player with a HA would have dominated you, or any SMG infiltrator. That's just how the game is at the moment.
  2. Astraka

When are you going to play again? I really looked forward to watching your SMG Infiltrator videos as they came out.
  3. Ronin Oni

sounds to me like they failed... hardcore.

It's not hard to kill an infiltrator when you know they're there.

You said one of them went infil? WTF happened to his dart? That should have shut you down REAL quick.
    • Up x 2
  4. Raraldor

I'm not sure if he put his dart out or not Ronin, I don't remember their being a red flash on the minimap, but I rarely looked at it in this case, I didn't use them either on that run.

Yeah, that low settings thing is pretty bad, hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks for the kinds words :p what's your ign? I don't think I remember fighting a guy named corporate thug lol, and if that is it may have been a bit ago so I don't remember.
  5. Mustarde

You want to nerf the one thing that gave infiltrators the ability to leave the hills and their sniper rifles behind and actually go inside bases to hack, harass and live up to their namesake?

I was there before we had SMG's, and before the scout rifles were buffed to their currently pathetic state.

Go **** yourself
  6. Raraldor

Well aren't you a bit rude :p I only wanted to take away their ability to last a large amount of time for the most part, or impliment a nice secondary weapon as a replacement. Both of which I think are fine idea but am in the vocal minority so I don't mind if things are left as is. No need to get pissed at an idea.
  7. Drsexxytime

Infiltrators before rarely did what their name suggested because they didn't have viable weapons for the job, they should've just been labeled class wise as snipers. SOE refused to just buff their semi-auto rifles like they should have, and instead figured they can make cash off of the SMGs this way, and it worked, the money making part.
  8. Corporate Thug

ThePurple guy who also plays with you as NC.
  9. Raraldor

Oh hey lol, if you're talking about your friend as the amazing infiltrator he gets me a ton too lol, always a tough fight when you two are there
  10. Corporate Thug

No, he like myself usually only play infiltrator when there are libs overhead or ESFs. I can't name the guys name but I noticed you killed quite a few of his outfit which are considered pretty good. We are more "come at us bro" type players, suicidal but it's really fun throwing yourself at larger groups and seeing what you can do.
  11. Raraldor

Yes it is lol, Large battles are fun and everything, but when our outfit groups up to 8 people and lands into an area with squads or even a platoon, it's very fun and lots of times we can turn around a losing battle.
    • Up x 1
  12. IamDH

Infiltrator: A tool used on the weak
    • Up x 1
  13. FocusLight

Last night I did something similar. Holding a base against some VS cappers. They had a plan, stock MAX run by a player as new as the MAX was. I was super-careful at first and just took pot-shots at him whenever his back was turned and his mates were dead. Eventually I got him so low that I dared grab Heavy and go up toe-to-toe with him. I could never have finished him off if

A) he had stayed around the point instead of running around and
    B) Known what he was doing and had a better MAX-loadout.

Skills and know-how will beat low numbers of less able players.
  14. Niamar

A good/skillful infiltrator or a lot of luck can do the same thing with mines/grenades/any weapon with knife combo. Pistol knife combo is very good. Knife alone is great if they give you their back.

But I am not good and just have spurts of luck. And right now some players see me while I am cloaked from to far away...cough...aimbot...cough.
  15. Raraldor

You mind guessing about how far? It's pretty surprising what some people can see when they know the general area of where to look. Also people do like to randomly shoot in the general area they saw you last.
  16. pnkdth

You played an infiltrator as it should be played, and by how you describe it they fell into every trap laid before them. You might want to tone down the self-congratulation a bit though, as you come off as saying "Yeah, I'm awesome, look how awesome I am, infils should be nerfed because of how awesome I am." :D That said, you could almost see the fumes coming out the nose of that player because the nerdrage of that one must have been strong, which probably kept him or her from commiting even more errors.

A lot of players do however underestimate how important it is to a situational awaress as well as good map knowledge. If you move in a clever sense, ie, play to your strengths and force your opponents into bad spots, you've tipped the balance severely in your favour. I am not the best player, probably above average, but I compensate by using other skills than twitch and aim. Quite a lot of players play infils in a sub-optimal way like standing still in one spot allowing themselves to get flanked and killed, or charge in like a madman thinking they're going to clean house.
  17. Dis

The issue isn't with those who have honed the craft, it's the spreading plague of baddies who adopted the playstyle realizing they have a better chance of getting at least one kill before they die. Adding the ease of hipfiring with the adv laser dot combined with sketchy client side issues regarding when you see them unlcoak versus when they actually did equals megaderp in a derp filled game.
  18. Raraldor

Sorry if it came out like that lol, the main reason I explained how I played well was to help the discussion on the state of the SMG infiltrators. I honestly didn't find these guys bad or anything, so I did find it to be a slight concern of them being a bit OP, hence the entire reason I made this thread.
  19. NinjaTurtle

I play Infiltrator a lot and am amazed at the lack of darts used by the other Infils I see running around. I have no issue with using my darts as I have them maxed but I don't think I should be the only one pinging targets on the mini map.

It seems darts are under estimated by a lot of Infiltrators.... makes my job a ton easier though as I am Ninja
    • Up x 1
  20. Ronin Oni

Not to mention the XP!

I fired off a dart towards the swarming advancing NC before running for a flash terminal to pull my Wraith... picked up like 12-15 spot assists just for shooting a dart.

Why the hell WOULDN'T you use them?

Mine's not maxed, have 1 level left I think and haven't felt compelled to dump that many certs to finish it yet.

Leveling up for a couple extra darts is key though IMO