The opinion of a Vanu on how to make Lockdown viable.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by deggy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Anvildude

Something that could be useful would be side shields- they'd fold out from the back, and provide more cover for friendly engineers helping you out- this combined with adding Collision to lockdowned MAXes would probably be enough.

Or, you know, require C4 to be set and primed for a second or two, instead of thrown.
  2. KunzeWaldemar

This is by far the best argument i have read so far. Comparing ZOE and Max just by this.

Lots of speed -> Less durability
    No speed -> Lots of durability
    • Up x 1
  3. Van Dax

I can get behind something like this.
  4. Furluge

Sadly I don't think it's going to happen. Increased defense was there as an option on the roadmap, and it was removed, so I doubt it'll come back, which is dumb, because I hated lockdown in PS1 and I hate it now in PS2.

Here's some info on the PS1 Overdrive Ability BTW - What I'd like to know is after making this change in around 2008, here in 2013 they decided, oh no, let's not give that ability we made to fix the TR lockdown to the TR, no, let's give it to the Vanu. >.< Well, not quite, because Overdrive had a ability gauge and couldn't be turned off once activated, but didn't have the damage penalty.
  5. Runegrace

My biggest issue with LD is that the animation while deploying jars your aim all over. If there's something you want to kill you're basically giving them a few seconds to run away or start hitting you, and then the same when you're taking too much damage and need to get away. He's what would make it work for me:

-Remove aim sway while deploying
    -Reduce un-deploy time to about a second

Aim sway ruins DPS, which is supposed to be enhanced by the ability. And seeing as the other abilities can be toggled basically instantly, requiring LD to have some setup while deploying but able to cancel much quicker seems pretty fair. While the ability is active a LD MAX isn't moving or dodging a thing and has limited view. I'm fine with not having additional armor if I can at least get an opportunity to respond to damage.
  6. DrTeeth

Been saying this since lockdown was first put on the test server.. deploy should be instant, no arm waving! The spikes on our boots should be blasted into the ground to instantly secure us, stomping our feet and waving our arms about is completely out of place.

I can live with the undeploy taking time, that's fair, but deploy should be instant and not effect our accuracy in any way. In this way we can make the choice mid-fight to deploy if we see an advantage just like the ZOE and Aegis abilities, rather than having to "set up camp" and hope we picked the right one of the 6+ ways into building to stare at.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I can whine about ZOE just fine, given that it's an uncreative ability that promotes bad tactics (I'm VS), and no however good ability for the other faction could stop me doing it. I won't though.
    Horse has been ground to fine dust already.
  8. MykeMichail

There's nothing wrong with anchor as it stands. Its excellent for guarding a doorway, and when you're doing such a thing you're pretty much standing perfectly still anyway. Also excellent for long range ambushes of vehicles. Wait for the vehicle to be far enough from cover that it won't get to it in time, lock down, start firing. The chances of the vehicle returning effective fire before its destroyed is slim to none.

The last thing lock-down needs is a buff.

ZOE on the other hand needs to be brought in line with lock-down/Aegis shield - currently there's no reason to not have it always on.
  9. Furluge

Lockdown is terrible for the same reason they had to give TR Overdrive in PS1, being stuck in one place in this game is asking to die and fast. If you guard a doorway with it people will just pop in, see you, pop out, and decimate / C4 you. At range you don't kill vehicles fast enough with fractures to create teh situation Myke describes. Slow vehicles will turn around and headshot you with their cannon, fast vehicles will just drive away or swing around and kill you.
  10. Trysaeder

Something like a 150HP shield with 75% explosive resistance on it? Relatively insignificant in terms of bullet life, but it'll make you nearly immune to grenades and give the player a much better chance against C4 attacks. Give it a somewhat fast recharge delay like 3 seconds and I could see this becoming very handy.

My personal stance (heh) on this is that you shouldn't anchor where C4 drops are easy, but this actually solves grenade attrition pretty well too.
  11. Furluge

From what I've seen though everywhere you would want to anchor is a place where C4 drops are easy. Run in, hit your jet pack, throw C4 in mid air. Bonus points if your friend lobs a grenade to detonate the C4 in case the max should manage to shoot you, assuming you didn't completely escape his arc and are detonating C4 while he unanchors.
  12. KnightCole

Yeah it b cool if c4 got its throwing velocity decreased....alot. like to bf2 lvls or worse.