[Suggestion] Whiners want revive nerfed, so here are some better idea if something must change

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Hoki, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Hoki

So how many of you like to run around and heal people that are taking damage instead of waiting for them to die?

Thats right, nobody.

When I'm shooting my medic gun I'm not shooting bullets. Also I hate chasing people that are low on health, and dead people are conveniently still.

Personally I'd rather have a medic kit to drop on the ground like an ammo pack. Have it only work when you haven't taken damage for 8 seconds like nano-armor regen.

That way I don't have to babysit idiots. I dropped a medkit, go sit on it if you want your health back, I got faces to shoot. COMBAT medic.

Now as for medic rezz being OP, I don't really think so. I think medic rezz is only so good because of being revived with full health, shields, and things like full resist shield and full nano-regen power.

Don't confuse me for one of the whiners. I'm perfectly fine with leaving medics as they are, but if revive gets nerfed I want a goddamn medic pack. Because I am not changing your diaper.
    • Up x 3
  2. Sagabyte

I want the med kit to be split into the AoE heal and res tool. It becomes a choice rather than an all in one.
  3. RX530SS

Where would this medic kit go? Would it be a passive ability that you have to sacrifice your AOE heal for, or maybe it would it be an item you can get in the utility slot?
  4. Trysaeder

I've been playing medic with a max rank medtool since the game released, and that thing is definitely too powerful in large numbers when fighting uncoordinated forces. Back when they were much rarer, only skilled medics could wield this power, and they often had the responsibility of shooting people too. Nowadays you see plenty of poor shooters who do not represent much of an opportunity cost in the offensive side of things holding max medtools and spamming revives for those EZ certs. One minor change that I'd make to it is to force the shield recharge timer to begin once you're revived, not while you're dead so that you can revive while regenerating shields.

I think every single game that has a revive mechanic should have the following exceptions to them: Headshots and Melee kills cannot be revived.

They could also 'nerf' the medtool by making revives NOT affect the death stat. It certainly adds nothing to the mechanic and therefore can be removed.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hoki

It would go in slot 4 and you wouldn't sacrifice anything for it.

This is if revive gets nerfed. You take some, you give some.
  6. Hoki

Well if my medtool rezzes you at 100% that isn't much of a choice now is it?

No, no. Combat medics are pretty much based around medic tool.

Nano regen is nice but medkits (the needles) are superior at recovering from big damage.

Lets consider some possible nerfs to medic tool.
    • We could expect shield being emptied and shield timer resetting upon accepting rezz.
    • We could expect heavy shields, infil cloak, LA jetfuel, and medic nano-regen being emptied upon accepting rezz.
    • We could expect increased levels of medic tool to revive someone with a fixed value instead of a percentage value. (because nanoweave)

These things would not surprise me at all because I would have assumed them to be in place from the beginning.
    For the same reason reviving a max at 100% would be ridiculously OP.

I'm just saying that if medic tool gets nerfed to not restore everyone to 100% HP, then that is going to slow down the gameplay of combat medics.

1. I will rezz you if I can.
    2. I will heal you only if there are no people that I can immediately shoot.
    3. I will drop a medical pack on the ground so you can top off your health on your own time.
    4. I will NOT babysit your *** during a firefight.
  7. KnightCole

Whiners will cry over everything. They could be given ohk super anti god guns and whine.

Dont pay much attention to them, and that means u soe.

As for a medpack deployable...hell yeah lol.

Just another tool slot for cm to include the deployable medkit. I mean its not like the engi cant ammo and turret deploy while also repairing.
  8. FallowField

I'm all for the medpack deployable. It would make things much easier for the medic (no hunting people down), easier for people needing heals (just track down a stationary pack instead of having to call for medic), and if you somehow think that is "overpowered" then keep in mind enemy snipers could probably locate the medpacks and snipe people clustering around it.

Overall, it would make things easier for everyone and add a measure of risk to people who head to the thing and don't keep an eye out for enemies staking the area. Actually, you could probably have a cert somewhere that lets you detect enemy ammo packs or medic packs on the mini-map or something (and possibly use them). This could be useful for infiltrators who could then snipe wounded people running in for healing, or they could drop a mine or hack it or something.
  9. QuarterPro

Everything is definitely too powerful in large numbers when fighting uncoordinated forces. Said forces should probably try coordinating.
  10. Rogueghost

I'm just curious here, but why do people even accept revives, now I'm not talking about situations where you are defending a point that's being rushed or there is no AMS near by, but in just general combat situations where the spawn room is only a 20 meter walk away.
  11. KnightCole

Lol the only reason i now even wait 5s for a rez is cuz it removes the death. Otherwise, yeah spawning in a safe secure spawn room where i can reacclimate to the fight beats possibly reviving into another death.
  12. Unclematos7

Medic trains? Can't be worse than MAX immortality squad.
  13. Rogueghost

It only removes the death from your session stats, your global stats still record the death.
  14. KnightCole

It gets removed off the player page to. It still shows i died to whoever but right now i should have 962 deaths i think? Maybe even 965. But last i checked it only shows 961 on player page here. Or do u mean leaderboards?