Holding shift for snipers... and all others?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RaZz0R, Sep 10, 2013.

1. RaZz0R

So last night while playing around it was mentioned to me that if you hold the "breath" button for the sniper - with others classes - the steadies up the aim by a HUGE amount.

While it has always been clear for sniping - I wasn't totally aware of using the same button for all other guns and classes to steady up the aim and control CoF. Its like night and day and you can really zero in on people 100+ meters away.
    I was still using the crouch method for CoF control.
    This made even using a SMG decent at range and carbine almost OP LOL! not to mention HA.
    Of course you can only use it when you are looking down the sights - but it made me wonder how many people didn't know about this - not to mention new people?

It almost cans out the recoil of a lot the guns.
  2. Testament

Wow I wasn't even aware you could do that!
  3. RaZz0R

same and I have been playing since beta LOL!!

Makes a MASSIVE difference to shooting over any kinda long distance where you bring up the sights.
    Even with hand guns.
  4. Pokebreaker

Didn't know that. You've just aided the enemy! Gonna try it why I get home!
  5. Lazaruz

I usually do it with the IRNV scope because of the sway, but haven't tried it on anything else. Will have to test.
  6. RaZz0R

Well with how big a change it makes to how well a SMG or other can fire over distance... I figured I should even the playing base a little and post about it - and to see how many didn't know about it.

It turns alot of guns that I stopped using back to being very, very good... like MSWR for us TR :)

So if you get hit and it feels like a VERY fast firing sniper.... it aint - its someone using this with a half decent carbine or SMG.
  7. TheBloodEagle

I think it might just be a placebo effect. The only ones that have sway are NV and 6x sights. I don't feel the difference for the rest.
    • Up x 3
  8. faykid

i know about it, but never use since it is dangerous to freeze like that while shooting. it is safe with sniper, but at medium range it can get you killed
  9. Liewec123

ooo time to try this with my Jackhammer!
  10. oliverjanda

Are you talking about NV and 6x scopes (both have sway)? I'm pretty sure it does nothing for normal scopes!
    • Up x 2
  11. S1eB

It only works with scopes with scope sway. It doesn't have any effect with other scopes.
    • Up x 3
  12. MonnyMoony

I find 3.4x scopes much more accurate than 6x scopes for sniping medium to long distance enemies with an LMG because of the lack of sway - even with the shift key held.

I took my 6x scope off my "long distance" loadout of my HA and replaced with the 3.4x precisely because of this.
  13. RaZz0R

I tried it using my LA from the roof tops using a SMG with a 2x sight... was able to ping people 100+ meters away with hardly any recoil.

Also tried it with a Beamer and it worked... so I will be testing it out on all guns as it can be awesome in the right situation.

But yes - first rule of PS2 is always keep on the move - even if you are sniping :)
  14. TheBloodEagle

Seriously thinking it's just a placebo effect...
  15. AirbornePotato

psa:
    OP's nospread/norecoil hack hotkey is set to LSHIFT
    • Up x 5
  16. RaZz0R

17. RaZz0R

That sig you have made my night!! very funny!
  18. Cinnamon

Only added to irnv scope along with sway as latest attempt to get people using another scope. People use irnv because it is the only close range scope that doesn't bounce around all over the place and lines up with the center of the screen. Otherwise just stop moving and crouch for more accurate spread.
  19. Pikachu

I wish I could do that with my mattock slugs.
  20. TheBlindFreak

Actually, all scopes when used by an infiltrator, have sway. There is one BASR for each faction that has access to 2x-4x scopes that you can see sway on.