Allow Cloak to drain personal shields as an energy source

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Trysaeder, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Trysaeder

I saw a few people ask for this in beta and I think it would be a good idea.
    Sometimes you just can't afford to let out that fart, and survivability is not an issue as even a single bullet means you'll be dying very soon.
    • Up x 5
  2. Fishie

This would be a nice thing. Infiltrators go splat as soon as someone looks our way anyhow. It would actually give you enough time to properly use the crouch-stage cloak.
  3. Karbine-Mthersn

Bump. not a bad idea at all, step in the right direction at least
  4. Dimachaerus

Definitely a +1 from me.

Would be nice if we could also have a cloak that y'know, actually WORKS at making you hard to see.
    • Up x 1
  5. Trysaeder

You can press crouch and wait 1.5 seconds while standing still, and it will make you practically invisible.
  6. ST4LK3R

Great idea but I think it should be something you can put cert into.

Still pretty easy to spotted and killed even if you are aiming them with 10x/12x at 200m+.
  7. Drazen

only if it was optional ability you could cert into,, i would never use such an ability/
    • Up x 1
  8. Vikarius

No thanks.
    I really don't think we should back down till we have perma cloak and the ability to fire at least a pistol/knife from it like PS1
  9. Helwyr

o_O I wouldn't want that, sounds like complete crap, can't think of many situations where I'd give up my shields to maintain my crappy Hunter cloak for a few more seconds.
  10. Trysaeder

bump for an old idea
  11. Astraka

I could see myself using this quite a bit, as long as I could toggle the ability on/off easily and it would be easily noticeable as to what 'mode' it was on. I wouldn't want to inadvertently drain my shields.
  12. DeathSparx

Surviving as an infiltrator is tough as it is. I wouldn't want to use my shields generator as my cloaking gen. On top of that, if you get shot not only do you lose your shields but you lose all ability to cloak. Just seems like a really bad idea imho.
  13. Astraka

I think you may have misread the OP. He is talking about giving the option for the cloak to use our shields as a supplementary power source, not the primary source.
  14. DeathSparx

Oh hmm...meaning that we could extend our cloaking time by using our shields? I guess that's better than what I originally thought but I don't exactly like the idea of being caught cloaking on my shield energy. But it's not a bad idea if you need a couple more seconds to get through an area.
  15. Astraka

Exactly. I think it would have to have a toggle. I'd want to be able to control when I use my shields for my cloak and when I just come uncloaked.
  16. Emotitron

I nice easy way to add depth to the game, I like it.