Just got shot down because Striker ignores flares

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RHINO_Mk.II, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commandotimmy

QQ wait tell the next update, when the new 40X scope and the 10 round clip comes out for the striker!
  2. Jachim

If we listened to the NC/VS all TR weapons instagib one shot and never miss and we are never use weapons that take skill also we cap bases instantly because Higby.. or something.
  3. Jachim

Your boring excuse that Lancers are somehow supposed to do the same amount of damage even though they near-instantly strike the targert is getting tiring man. Seriously find new material.
    • Up x 1
  4. Phazaar

Then congratulations. The bit of your post I was referring to (as is clear from my response) is " If you don't move after they fire though they will still hit you. lol. " which is clearly silly, as described, especially given that in this very thread there's video of that clearly not being the case. It also does only take a few minutes with an outfit mate to test it out, and I assure you you can make this happen a good 30% of the time (same with it going through terrain, despite the hilarious number of people in denial about that too), and way passed 60% if the server's lagging.
  5. Phazaar

Aside from the fact that that not only means Strikers lock faster, but also that they can reacquire targets faster as everyone elses lock ons allow you to wait at least a couple of seconds (depending on altitude and likely shooter direction) before flaring, which isn't in the least bit OP at all...

It still hands over the advantage to be distributed by the server, in how long it takes them to let you know you're being locked... And given that this is from the fastest locking launcher in the game, that's not even contributing to any OPness, eh?
  6. PostalDude

It may not be a bug, I've studied the striker rockets for a long time, when the rockets are close they either continue after being misguided and strike the esf. Or it may be because the missiles heat-seek possibly.

A pilot going full speed with strikers behind him, and pops flares never seems to get hit by them, unless the glitch happens.
  7. Jachim

I love how when things are bugged for the NC/VS it's just that.. a bug. but when we talk about strikers you conflate the issue with the lockon bugs and then when you get people disputing your facts, you then come up with 'but it does more damage', and when we AGREE that it does and suggest alternatives you go back to BUT IT SHOOTS THROUGH TERRAIN IT NEEDS A NERF!

Once this so-called terrain glitch is fixed (which I've never seen happen and no one has posted a single video showing this ever but seeing as so many cry about it I suppose it could be true) then maybe we can actually have an intelligent conversation about the Striker.
  8. DeadliestMoon

Can site mods shut down this thread? There's already a plethora of Striker threads out there, we don't need more.
  9. Liewec123

tbh there have been dozens of striker threads every day for the last 5 months, its ridiculous that they're only now talking about fixing it.
    and until they do there should be a dozen more threads every day until they get their ***** in gear and freaking do something!
    honestly i don't know where all of their time goes.
  10. Blarg20011

They're not talking about fixing it, they have fixed it, it just hasn't gotten to the live servers yet. It's a hell of a lot harder to fix th striker than it is all the other OP things they've fixed in the last couple months.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Strikers ignore flares about half the time I use them. Sometimes it seems like they stalk me until the 'no lock on' duration is up and then magically regain lock. Not very often, but it happens now and then. They ignore IR smoke less, but still ignore it from time to time.

I once flew from J908 to the SE Indar warpgate, went to Amerish and drove a sundy for 2 hours, then went back to Indar and they were still circling the warpgate waiting for me.
  12. ColdCheezePizza

The other day a Striker locked on to my Reaver, but lucky for me the game crashed before the red orbs of death ripped me a new one, or so I thought. This morning I logged onto my NC alt on another server and was instagibed the second I left the warpgate. I swear the Striker has to be some sort of top secret NSA weapon or something, you cant run or hide from it, they will find you wherever you go :eek: Striker OP!!!!
  13. NOX2097

Sounds like a personal issue.

Pilots love to play games with the lockon launchers, and get the infantry guy to waste his ammo, only flaring after the missile is launched. Don't cry when it didn't go your way. SOE should update all lockon missiles to have a chance of ignoring flares. You wanna play the flare-timing game, hotshot? Fine, but you're taking a risk. The striker is the first weapon with this fine capability.

The striker existing isn't why you die in this game. It's because you're bad. As Buzz would say, "you're bad, bad, baaaad!"

Learn to flare, noobcake.
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

It's a personal issue that a weapon in the game available to only one faction will arbitrarily ignore the ONLY counter to said weapon class when it chooses to do so.

Yes, definitely a personal issue.
  15. BlackDove

Well, if you look at the game, clearly the TR gets the most OP stuff, because it's a trash faction that no one would otherwise play. I play on Briggs, and it's always a million TR noobs with strikers, fractures etc. wherever you go.

Seems like the people who play NC have some skill, and VS has to because all of their weapons have been nerfed to uselessness. Look at our MAX, or other "special" weapons. We get magburner instead of an invincibility shield or a lockdown ability that destroys anything in two seconds. LOL

With every update I'm glad I only spent like $50 and never bothered with a subscription.
  16. Villanuk

Well for someone who claims the striker is such an death weapon and you fly a lot , you died just 3 times out of 100 to the most OP weapon in the sky, while notching up 24 kills in 100. Taking into account that you had a 45 kill streak from a M60, or im sure I would have seen more kills in your favour. So 24% of your kills come from flying while 3% of deaths is from the most OP thing here?.

In my 100 kills and I use the striker a lot I got 2 kills, less than any other weapon I use.

Break down the figures, put them on paper, dose it really look the scary? Don't get me wrong, it does needs some tweaking, but from your stats, its hardly the demon to yourself as you make out?
  17. CaligoIllioneus

As a Striker user, the "ignores flares" glitch is more rare than what the forum lets on, but it seems to happen when you start locking on -when you just start aiming on the ESF- the very same moment it pops flares. On any other circumstances the missiles continue as dumbfire or you lose the lock on, but sometimes there's some sort of special timing that lets you still lock on to the aircraft even though it was visible that it just popped flares.

As for the terrain ignoring, very often I see Striker missiles wasted because they hit terrain, but I did notice a couple of times things like a Sundy driving behind a cliff and I still get some hit markers that seem a bit iffy. I don't know if in that case it was the rockets leading system(which it shares with the annihilator) that made its missiles dodge the obstacle or if they really clip through the ground sometimes.
  18. Vixxing

And why should a weapon you dont even have to aim (Striker) do more damage than a dumbfire? What is the excuse for 1 faction to have the best weapon against both air AND armor? Sidegrades not upgrades... "pffft" whats the downside with a Striker? "ooh its so boring to lock down 500m to Air all alone" or "oooh its so boring owning harassers, ESF, and Liberators with the same weapon without effort!"
    When all other factions need to use skill to deal with thoose! (to add insult to injury the also give TR Vulcans on Harassers so the faction with the best tool to counter it gets the worst one)
    "Lancers are great in numbers!" "Strikers are useless alone" utter horse****! 1 striker takes out or denies airspace for any liberators, ESF etc...
  19. NinjaTurtle

Hey we all know that when Matt said the VS only use things that are OP he meant to say

"The TR only use things that are OP and broken"
  20. Liewec123

they ignore terrain, they ignore flares
    and they also ignore gate shields half the time...
    great work SoE, fantastic.
    lets give one faction a rapid-firing, auto-aiming, no-clipping, anti-everything noobtube.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.