Will NC guns ever be good as TC guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by waxpants, Sep 3, 2013.

1. GamerOS

I don't get it anyway, both the Merc and the Gaus Rifle are excelent weapons, only the SAW is a weapon with serious issue.
    • Up x 1
  2. Lord_Avatar

A well rounded argument. My only qualm with NC is their forced dependance on shotguns. Why did the devs consider it a bright idea to make it so is beyond me. Otherwise I find the NC/TR/VS weapons different, yet fairly balanced. A slight touch here and there and things would be well-nigh perfect. If forced to point out a single overall imbalance I'd mention the no bullet drop trait of VS weaponry, but I hardly find it OP.
  3. Kronic

Lmao what a joke.
  4. Deschain

Honestly if you don't like NC Weaponry just roll TR or VS, it's as easy as a click, play the game you get most enjoyment from. NC will always be the underdog in Planetside war, but that's why I play NC.
  5. IamDH

I consider them more of a "more skill-more reward" weapon

They are definitely great guns tho, just not noob friendly
    • Up x 2
  6. Lord_Avatar

My thoughts exactly. While I'm fine with infantry weapons, the Prowler bears no resemblance to a military vehicle whatsoever. Giving it a tad lower, yet elongated chassis would work well for me; also - it seems TR engineers went out of their way to handicap the driver by placing the main turret in the most awkward position imaginable. Wasn't "tried and tested" the TR "way"? I'm quite certain that relocating the twin cannons to the central part of the chassis would be met with unprecedented applause and gratitude by all tankers TR-wide...
  7. GamerOS

I personally think the SAW is more of a "More skill, Same reward weapon" at the cost of cqc viability, but that's just my opinion.
    • Up x 2
  8. IamDH

I agree there
    Its like a 50-50 chance to hit a target in CQC with all that CoF and don't get me started about hipfire rofl
  9. MrK

:)
    20-ish % accuracy on standard weapon is pretty average. Anyone can get on your level easily, tbh. Like, the "adorable little BR38" you are patronizing seems to handle NC weapons far better than you do, for example. If a mere BR38 can do it, I'm sure you can beef up your game to his puny level....

Counting Gauss as garbage just tells it all.

In terms of infantry weapons, imho NC have the more variety, the more choices, and have simply the better deal. I would not swap with TR or VS. Gauss, Carnage, EM6, Cyclone, Sweeper, Jackhammer, they are evil.
  10. Vixxing

You mean like a Harrasser with a Vulcan? (the speed of ZoE without armor penalty, The close up DAKKA of a SCATMAX but larger magazine)
  11. Lamat

TR engineers put out shoddy work because they have no incentive with their communist wages. They just want to eat their frozen tv rations, watch an hour of "we love big brother" in the cafeteria and go back to their sleep locker.
  12. MykeMichail

Our 'hardest hitting weapons in the game have identical TTK's to the TR weapons.

In exchange for our 'hard hitting weapons', we get higher recoil (both horizontal and vertical) and smaller magazine capacities.

GD-7F is 'beast mode'? Try the Cycler TRV on the Terran or the Serpent on VS. TRV is basically an assault rifle version of the GD-7F with a 40 round magazine and the Serpent is almost identical to the GD-7F but reloads faster and has lower recoil.

The sad fact is that when TR and VS do 167 damage weapons, they still retain their faction trait - low recoil, easy to control weapons -and when NC do 143 damage weapons, we retain our faction trait - ridiculous vertical and horizontal recoil.
    • Up x 1
  13. Testament

To all of you complaining about the Gauss SAW magazine size, go on your NC lvl 1 toon, shoot 1 bullet with the Gauss and press R. While the reload animation is going on visit the forum and admit how silly you were.
    • Up x 2
  14. Regpuppy

Oh I've read the lore. The name and freedom fighter title both fit. It's not a "megacorp" it's a conglomerate of businesses, unions, and freedom fighters combating harsh restrictions.

If this war ever ends and NC wins, I highly doubt all the businesses will hold hands under one roof and sing songs. It'll be back to the cutthroat business world we know and tolerate.
  15. Lord_Avatar

The Vulcan is rubbish beyond 20m. Take my word on that (or better yet - try it out). It is a mighty combo when paired with the Harrasser, but the weapon itself performs very poorly outside of what could be considered point-blank range.
  16. Lord_Avatar

Hmm... Someone must have *loved* their wages when putting together the Mossy... :rolleyes:
  17. Giggily

I main TC.
  18. MrK

The vertical recoil per second on all guns is rather the same, the low RoF one is just more dodgy to control because they kick more per round, less often, it's more shakey, and at range, each kick can pass up the target. Recoil on high RoF is smooth.

Horizontal recoil on Low RoF weapons is indeed better than on High RoF weapons. As well as stationary ADS CoF and First Shot Recoil multiplier, making NC weapons more precise once you learn to control the shaky vertical recoil
  19. Tristan

The NC on Mattherson - Some of the worst players with some of the best weapons.
  20. MykeMichail

Yeah sorry, don't buy that ****. I turn my mouse sensitivity DOWN when playing TR because I don't need it as high as I do when playing NC. I need it high as NC because if I don't turn it up I RUN OUT OF MOUSEPAD whilst compensating for recoil.

The result is that when playing NC my horizontal sensitivity is way too high because I need my vertical sensitivity higher to compensate for the recoil, but when playing TR its just right.

Playing both TR and VS, is like I've said a million times before, a holiday for your wrist.

The first things I noticed when playing TR and VS was that after a few hours of gaming, I didn't feel like I'd just spent an 8 hour day in an office job using mouse menus instead of keyboard shortcuts to get work done.