Once again, TR population inflates to 56% for alert ending

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by m00eh, Aug 31, 2013.

1. GhostAvatar

Why are people always wanting an argument on these forums. I know it is bad for you guys, I get it, everyone gets it. But it ain't all fun for the other side either. Stop being stuck in your single minded views and that things only affect you. Everything that affects one side also has an affect on the other.
    • Up x 1
  2. freeze

I'm just saying man :)

it's like telling a starving kid, that you didn't get desert last evening.
    somehow the same, but still not quite
  3. lothbrook

The worst part is that the Vanu on waterson have no idea what they're doing, a tech plant alert on indar, they will have full platoons attacking the NC, while they have a squad defending their only tech plant against a platoon of TR, meanwhile they don't have a shot in hell of taking ours, but because they're derping hard we don't have a shot at pushing out against the TR which are usually slightly over popped or even on indar alerts.

After about 45 minutes of that they'll try to take back their tech plant and fail miserably while we spend most of the time getting to Mao, and inevitably lose because we ran out of time, lol.
  4. MrK

Point being : I can't do squat about being the underdog, I'm already in the underpopped faction.
    You, on the other hand, could do something, being in the overpopped faction, but refuse for some strange reason.
    That's probably why you get an argument.
  5. Goretzu

Yup.
    It depends, you can sometimes farm a few, but other times you are simply spawn camped to the nth degree and you can't do a thing.

In which case you are bored, frustrated, annoyed and wondering why you're even bothering to play.

On balance bored and winning is much better.
    • Up x 1
  6. GhostAvatar

Bored is still bored, especially when the win is meaningless. There is only one benefit on the winning side when it is populated by 4th factioneers, and that is the extra XP you get at the end of the alert. Which is also offset by the lack of XP during the alert. Plus those certs suddenly don't make the game fun either. At the end of the day this is a game. Games are supposed to be fun and entertaining. And isn't this game supposed to be about epic fights? Every change they make removes more of the epic fights and it becomes nothing but a farm.

Nope, it is like telling a starving kid that all you got was desert. No main course, no real sustenance or nourishment. Just as starving but only slightly better off.

You can do everything. You can do what you are suggesting and switch sides. Become the overpopulated faction, win all the time, but refuse for some strange reason.

You see, your argument is invalid as it works both ways. You decide to stay with your faction probably for the same reason I do. The problem isn't you, nor is me. It not the players in general. Its the game mechanics that creates certain mentalities within the player community, that creates a boring and lackluster game for both sides.
  7. Goretzu

That's the thing though; people on the underdog faction cannot do anything to change this, people playing the dominant faction can (they just don't).
  8. GhostAvatar

Read my response to MkR. The dominating faction has just as much choice as you do, and that is to switch sides.
  9. gnometheft

just finished another WAterson alert where TR wiins with 49% pop. just like the last month.
  10. Crowne

Indeed. I took a break and went to the VR for a bit. Simply no point in being there just to feed people certs. I'd rather they just be bored capping empty bases.

This was another instance of ppl switching for the alert. The populations were pretty even before it started when I logged on. In fact, I saw that on the startup screen and thought, "oh, there must not be an alert going on." That's how obvious and constant this is.

GhostAvatar, there is no argument. You agree with everyone here, and everyone here agrees with you that it is not fun at all to try and play Planetside 2 under these conditions.
    To be honest, I appreciate a TR recognizing this is a bad situation rather than claiming there is no problem. Thank you for that.
    Yes, the underpopulated people can just join the overpopulated faction... but as you recognize, that is not a solution.

I have both a TR and NC on Waterson. I have not logged into the TR in 8 or 9 months since creating my NC. The TR toon has 10k certs waiting to be spent which is the only reason I haven't deleted it. Waiting on a transfer if that ever happens, but I would rather log out than hop on my TR for a win and pretty much ruin the game for me and everybody else.

In any case, as Gnometheft pointed out, same old same old.
  11. Squirreli

Me, I'm a part of the TR overpop problem on Miller and I'm not even sorry.

For me, the main content in the game are my outfit mates and the ops we do. Without the teamwork and banter the game is just way too bland for me, so to switch faction, I'd have to start spending a lot of time with a second outfit (after finding a good one) to learn their ways and get familiar with their tactics and such. I'd also have to earn quite a few certs to get a secondary char going. I think the same goes for quite a few outfit players. The way the game stands now, I have no interest in going through all that effort.
  12. Kaon1311

So im playing my only character (being TR) and have to switch because the 4th faction idiots have decided they now want to play TR?

Its not NCs fault. Its not VSs fault. Its not TRs fault. Its the fault of the 4th faction and SOE making it so easy to jump faction on a server.

Leave the Aussie server as is (they only have 1 and need the faction swapping). All other servers should be you choose your main, being TR,VS or NC. When an alert warning pops up, you have 5 minutes to switch to your main or itll do it for you. You are then stuck playing your main until the alert ends. Simple, harsh and needed. You 4th factioners brought it on yourself, and not many would moan as they would be shot down for being 4th faction whinners anyway.

SOE stop or severely restrict faction hopping. Grow a pair and do it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goretzu

It's no ones fault, but yes SOE could do an awful lot more to help underdog factions.

However the people playing on the underdog factions CANNOT change it, only those playing on the dominant factions CAN.

No, people on the underdog faction can only stick with, or change and make it WORSE.

People on the underdog faction can stick and keep it WORSE or change and make it BETTER.

There's a massive difference in the choice.
  14. gnometheft

As a loyal NC this TR bastard... is completely correct.

Not TR's fault for being over populated, people shouldnt have to give up a faction/playstyle they like because fourth factioners are ruining alerts even if they were. That suggestion is perfect, 5 minutes to choose a main, and then you are stuck with it for the alert. On Waterson at least TR usually have a mild pop advantage (3-5%) but thats not the problem, the problem is the ofourth factioner's jetting to TR for EVERY ALERT. END FOURTH FACTION ALERT HOPPING. if overpopulation continues a month or so of recommended servers should even it out
  15. maximus

And SOE is dragging there azz this should have been fixed before release of game.
  16. Tasbir

I just mess around in VR now whenver theres a pop imbalance. Especially one like the one at primetime last night. Waterson Vanu was 24% world pop >.>.
  17. GhostAvatar

There is a difference in end result, but not choice. You always have the choice, so don't pretend like you don't.
  18. EVILPIG

I blame PSUC.
  19. gnometheft

Another total domination just happened as well on Waterson I heard.
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

to be honest, alerts ruined this game. great non-alert fights are interrupted by the run for certs. TR gets incredibly huge population numbers on the continent where the alert is on and crushes anything in its path. VS and NC have been in the underdog position for weeks now. this is no fun, it's a chore fighting on the alert continent since you know you're gonna lose against the reds