How many characters do you have? and what about faction loyalty?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Aug 31, 2013.

1. joe smo

I have three characters.
    My main is TR (see sig)
    I have an NC (BR20) and VS (BR12) alt both on the same server because every servers "meta-game" is unique and for what ever reason I like Watersons, o, and my NC got transferred in and I had a VS alt that got transferred to Mattherson... HAD.

I mostly play my alts when I want some variety because out side of vehicles TR lacks it greatly infantry wise (NC and VS have easier recoil then TR to for some reason, TR all guns <-^->, most guns NC ^, all guns VS ^. not to mention more ES specific and unique guns)
  2. Phazaar

I have 11 Characters on three different servers, spread across four accounts.

I had three of each faction, but then wanted to infiltrate a couple of extra outfits so got myself an extra TR and an extra VS.

I consider myself to be faction loyal (space 'murica, f*** yeah!), and do not 'fourth faction' ever. I play each faction more or less equally though, but that's simply because I have too many hours in game (think I've hit 100 days now... <_< >_> ) and variety is a necessity. On each faction, I do find myself doing different things on each faction (based upon what's most fun) - it's quite interesting how this perspective really shows what is OP, what's just fun, and what's like sticking pins in your own eyes. (In order, TR air balance, ZOE MAX+Vanguard-shield-gank, Liberators).

For me, being faction loyal despite having multiple characters is simple. Look at it this way... I follow Formula 1; love it, even with the current marketing ********. When there isn't a Grand Prix for another week, they'll often show some Touring Car racing, or Supersport... I'm not being disloyal by watching them, am I?

Perhaps a more relevant analogy would be if I practiced Karate... Huge passion, spend all my time doing it etc... But is there any harm in me spending a few of my hours away from the Dojo checking out Judo? I can pick up some of the fascinating mechanics that make the moves possible, and perhaps work them into my style... It's what Bruce Lee did, after all ;)
  3. Messaiga

I have 4 characters. My main is NC on Waterson, and then I have a TR and VS character on Mattherson for testing stuff in the VR at the moment. The other character is an NC on Connery I made last night for FNO. I am loyal to NC and frown upon 4th factioning.
  4. Tommyp2006

I have my BR80 Waterson TR that is my main, and I play 99.5% of the time. I have a BR10 NC on Mattherson just for if I feel like flying a reaver or driving a vanguard. And I have a BR 6 NC on Briggs that I use when my outfit plays VS vs NC team deathmatch.
  5. Nocturn0l

- NC BR48 on Ceres, mainly Inflitrator + HA, some Reaver piloting and LA
    - VS BR42 on Cobalt, mainly HA, some Medic
    both characters i play very actively and switch around every week or so
    - also a TR BR8 on Cobalt but just to try out TR weapons
  6. Orpheus66

TR BR 40 on Matterson
    NC BR 20 on Connery

I refuse to play VS, I like a challenge and VS = EZY mode
  7. Selentic

My main is VS because ideologically that's who I find most appealing. I have characters on other factions and servers because there's people I want to play with who may not be VS, or because I want to see what the environment is on other servers. I also like knowing how all the other faction's guns and vehicles work.
  8. MrScrubbypants

I only play one character, and I only play TR.
  9. KenDelta

I own 4 chars , 3 of em +BR50 and 1 BR30.
    F*** faction loyalty , my gameplay enjoyment > "loyalty"
  10. TFeldt

TFeldt - BR100 Miller
    TFeldtNC - BR58 Miller
    TFeldtVS - BR48 Miller

I'm TR, now and until the end. But the population imbalance prompted me to roll a vs and nc alt and help out during the alerts. Not sure if I made a difference but it felt good.
  11. Simferion

a) I have currently 4 characters, the 3 on my sig in order of importance and 1 more VS on Waterson which is not active at the moment. The TR one is the 1st I created, the NC one is the 3rd (I got a deleted VS one on Ceres) but it's my main now.
    b) What do you mean with "loyal"? It's a game, they are not real ideology and I hate such kind of "wars"
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

sorry, that's not and never going to be true 'faction loyalty' for me :p if you play other factions, you happen to be killing your own kind (NC). sticking to one faction regardless of alts on that respective faction would have been faction loyal though
  13. Bvenged

1 Active character, and 1 backup. I got 1 NC toon whom I play on all the time, and a level 10-ish TR alt called "NotBvenged" which I piss around on once in a blue moon.

Faction loyalty means little to me, I don't care who plays what and when, as long as it's not an alert and you're not screwing over your outfit.

Outfit loyalty is what matters to me. If you're in an outfit but playing the Alert as another faction toon, when a squad in your outfit is up trying to play the alert, you should be thinking twice. If your outfit is playing during prime-time or in an organised event, you need to be there and not on the opposing faction. To do so is quite frankly rude and means you're being a let-down. You can't strive to be a better, stronger outfit if people are off doing their own thing in-game at the most crucial times.
  14. CEGrif

i have 1 TR and 1 VS both on connery
  15. tproter

If factions aren't loyal to me, why should I be loyal to them?
  16. Selerox

I have a character on Cobalt VS that I've been using since day one which is now BR69.

I do have an alt on that server but that's BR8 and I pretty much use it simply to see how TR plays, simply because I'm curious about what it's like. When I got PS2 I spun a coin to decide whether to play VS or TR, and I've always wondered what TR was like to play as a faction. I've discovered that I much prefer the Mosy to the Scythe for a start...
  17. HadesR

One main Char ... NC

A couple of low level < BR10 TR/VS alts for testing purposes , but even those are on Different Servers than my main .. Call me weird but just doesn't sit right with me having them on the same server which would mean shooting people I have been fighting beside for months ..
  18. Phrygen

but i'm currently loyal to TR, really though i'm loyal to my outfit.
  19. HooWoo

Started VS then switched to TR because their guns sounded like fire-crackers :D
  20. NoctD

Play all the factions some - it makes you a better player.

Focus on one.