What kind of fight do you like?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ViXeN

Oh I absolutely love fighting in the Vanu Archives/Allatum/Crossroads/Xenotech area. There are just so many great bases in that area to have large battles.
  2. THUGGERNAUT

amp station fights are usually still fun. open field battles, crossroads etc. are fun too but far more rare. bio lab fights used to be amusing around launch but have long degenerated into MAX-spam cluster-*****.
  3. Larolyn

Seems there is a lot of love here for the big open field combined arms play. Great stuff! Nothing says Planetside more than tanks, esfs, harassers, armour columns, air squads and infantry hordes swarming the battlefield all fighting to gain ground and momentum. Here's hoping to more landscapes that encourage this kind of play!
  4. Calisai

This 100x... even down to the SW part of Indar. It's my favorite in the game. I don't enjoy being in the main battle lines especially... but circling around, flanking and maneuvering for good position using stealth, then attacking from behind. I get fewer kills this way (stay away from head-to-head fights as much as possible) and it takes longer, but the payoff of absolutely destroying a whole front line push with a single MBT hitting them from behind is amazing.

Lattice for me has made for predictable front lines and slower moving front-lines... enabling me to effectively flank, even if it takes 10 minutes to work my way around.
    • Up x 1
  5. jak

Here's a breakdown for what I consider good fights:

Opponent:

[AoD] - 7 to 1 pops. Anything more and they have enough to get around 12 liberators and prowlers camping every entrance available.

[903] - 3 to 1 pops. Keeps the two or three mossies they like to hoverspam with honest.

[BWC] - 2 to 1, though 4 to 1 if their prowler division is active because a bunch of those guys don't often grunt.

[VG] - 17 to 1. Anything less would be uncivilized.

[CML] - 2 to 1 pops are usually pretty good to keep the flow coming. They can get nasty at times though, so you have to be careful.
    • Up x 1
  6. Corporate Thug

I enjoy 12-24 battles more than the 48+ due to my poor FPS in those larger fights. 12-24 hostiles is especially enjoyable if they outnumber you 2:1. 25-48 battles aren't bad but both sides have to be similar in numbers. My absolute favorite situations are those 1-12 fights where you're the only friendly or perhaps one other and the enemy still has like 80% pop.

Battles that are more focused around buildings are my favorite due to the sheer number of vehicle farmers there are in this game. I would have to go with any facility where hostile vehicles don't dominate the battlefield or simply tech plants, biolabs and towers.
  7. ViXeN

Same here! I prefer the CQC and medium range fights with a lot of buildings you can use. I hate it when we get stuck in a long-range stalement because I don't use any weapons with range. I can pick off some people with my Orion at a pretty good range but its not much fun.
  8. Lucidius134

Those are my favorite kind of fights sans the sundy's.

I've only had it happen a few times but some bases that are close enough people CBA pulling vehicles and just foot zerg to leads to some interesting open ground infantry stuff. My favorite part because most every class has a role in that sort of skirmish. Might sound one sided but that's just the most enjoyable infantry experience for me. The best part is when you have people plinking away at eachother from cover while infils or LA's utilize the terrain to try and flank. Amp stations and stuff tend to just be a cluster **** death match arena whenever i'm in them.
  9. SniperCzar

The old Old Shore on Esamir. Infantry battles with sundies coming down from the mountain to the north, seas of infantry to tear apart on the flat, open frozen lake with squads of 30s cooldown 25 mech resource wraith/fury superflashes. By far some of the most fun I've ever had in PS2. It often took us hours to slog enough footsoldiers up the southern mountainside to take out the last few sundies, with air and armor covering the eastern and western slopes.
  10. TheAntiFish

The kind that ends in make-up sex.
    • Up x 2
  11. MorganM

Typically...I like huge fights during prime time. Hundreds of players on each side, all kinds of vehicles, weapons, infantry being used in unison. Early in the morning I like very small skirmishes. Love finding a base whith a hand full of people at it and another hand full of us fight against them. It's very technical, strategic, tactical, and skill rules the land.. not numbers. It's most fun when I find some ppl just a little better than I and trying to figure out how to beat them. That's a real challenge and a lot of fun.

I absolutely despise rolling around in a huge zerg watching base timers count down to unsatisfying XP. It's boring.
  12. Shadowyc

Fights that don't feel like I'm being put through a meat grinder. :p
  13. Quiiliitiila

I like the lattice because it has eliminated the ridiculousness that is/was back-capping. Because of the sheer size of each continent, no empire can have troops stationed at EVERY base just waiting there for some shmo to come there looking for easy capping certs. The truth is, if this were "real-life" each empire would have a garrison at each base to literally hold down the fort. However, because this is a game (obviously) this cannot be done.

Furthermore, there is choice with the lattice. It's not like you are being funneled into one fight... There are other routes to take and I've been in a few scenarios where we outflanked the attacking force by cutting off their supply line. In the end what the lattice does is get people to the front lines, instead of having them run around after ghost cappers and not paying attention to the actual battles going on. This is especially important when it's a high pop versus a low pop (pretty much Vanu and NC versus TR on Waterson ALL the time) because lower pop empires cannot spare the troops to chase down these yahoos who are ghost capping.

If none of that convinces you, just go to the continent with the least pop. You can ghost cap the front lattice bases there unopposed, which is what you would have been doing back-capping a base; because when it comes down to it, ghost cappers never really fight anyone, they just cap empty bases. So who cares what empty base you cap right?
  14. Terran537

I like tower fights that have anywhere below 1 platoon per side. The verticality of towers allows my LA to just fly around and farm kills faster than any other situation in the game.
  15. NikkoJT

Big fights can be fun, but I prefer smaller affairs where I can go more than fifteen seconds without wandering into a room full of heavies who all saw me coming.
  16. NinjaTurtle

These people confuse me.

They play a game where there are 2000 people on a continent fighting and complain that the fights are too big.... lol. Maybe they need introducing to Battlefield

As for the fight, I was there last night, it was pretty awesome. Managed to break past your lines a couple of times with my ninja cloak and got a few decent killstreaks couple of 20's though I died a hell of a lot to.... never managed to find your queen though
  17. Quiiliitiila

Yeah, you got me a few times :p I don't remember if I returned the favor though :D

By the time you blue armored bastards got us back to the tower, I believe that our Queen (ViXeN) had logged off. Correct me if I'm wrong Vixy.
  18. BoomBoom4You

I really enjoy small battles (squad v squad, maybe 10 v 10), especially when you don't know where their sundy is and they just keep filtering in, randomly appearing and killing you :)

Larger battles are fun too, but smaller battles are less fast-paced (sometimes a good thing) and you can be more impactful, as in being the hero to find their sundy and blow it to pieces.
  19. ViXeN

Ah yeah, when I had to go we were still barely holding on to the spot we had near Broken Arch. I could tell we were going to get pushed back because our sundies kept going down and we just couldn't seem to move forward at all. LOL
  20. ent|ty

AND.... here we go with the Lattice vs Hex argument again.. Why dont you just repeat your self.. zzzzzzzzzz

How about we just agree that SOME people like lattice and SOME people like HEX, and why don't we find a way for BOTH playstyles to be accomodated in PS2?

Cuz all that happens is one half stays and plays, and the other leaves. BOTH positions are valid, but both have pros and cons. You're not going to convince me to like Lattice, and I probably wont convince you.
    It just means that you're playing and I am not. GG.