My TR HA needs overhaul, KDR now 0.5

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by ent|ty, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

I feel sorry for any TR having to use those mediocre LMGs. I imagine you could double your KD if you just get the striker and sit on a ammo box.
  2. KnightCole

I just stuck the carv 1x and a laser. Its working bettet then my 3.4x, suppressor and handgrip.

3.3 up from 2.72.
  3. KnightCole

Striker can dumb fire? I couldnt do that ..
  4. ScrapyardBob

Well, with the Vanu LMGs, some people like the feel of the Orion (or the SVA-88 which is the same gun, with larger ammo), others like the Ursa, etc. You have to learn the recoil of the weapon and how much burst control you need to keep on target and still land shots.

And back to the original OP - the question is not KDR, the question is "did you accomplish your unit's goals before you had to redeploy to some other facility".
  5. SinerAthin

The accuracy on the weapon doesn't really matter, imo.
    If you engage on Long Range, you accuracy will naturally decrease compared to CQC.

Not to mention all the casual time you spend firing at teammates at the WP or odd boxes that might have offended you.
  6. TheTreeness

Accuracy, HSK and KPM with total kills on infantry weapons do matter, they are all valid statistics that are supposed to be taken into account with one another. You can get a good idea of the players accuracy with a certain weapon set with those stats while K/D gives you an idea of their positioning skills if they are a dedicated infantryman (large majority of kills as an infantry).
  7. LowTechKiller

I am always looking for that "better feeling" weapon for my heavy, so I kind-of know what you're saying.

A couple of questions...do you hip fire mostly or aim down sights?
    I can't stand to hip fire my LMG's so I basically press both mouse buttons, even in those "oh $h!t" moments, to at least start looking down the sights. I've also started to consciously aim for the head more often. Actually I aim for the throat hoping several shots will hit the head. These seemed to help me a bit.

Second, do you use a wireless mouse? Don't forget to periodically check your batteries, because mine started getting weak and I didn't realize it...and my accuracy and reaction times took a hit.

Also, when I was testing TR LMGs, I started using (and liked) the TMG-50. For me it packed more punch than some of the lighter hitting weapons, like the T9 CARV. After the TMG-50, I started using the MSW-R. I feel like it kills faster for me than the CARV. I don't particularly like the way the CARV performs, but I think I'm in the minority.
  8. Schwak

I'm like 400 kills till carv araxium and I gave up. Bought the Rhino and put 330 certs into it,(compensator+adv foregrip+1x reflex) new favorite HA gun. 100 round mag mows down in close quarter battles and not much burst firing is needed. ITS 110% worth it!
  9. Tanatos

If you want fresh perspective, here is my personal experience as a tr ha.
    I'm not a good player, only br 39 and 0 experience in other fps games.
    My life changed after I bought 1 lvl of resist and started using lvl 4 nano instead of flack and 3 medkits.
    I use msrw with adv lasers, irnv scope, and spa. You'll die more from mines at first till you'll learn to pop up your resist the moment you hear the mine go off. At first I used the reflex, and couldnt see anything coz of the flash, bought flash remover and started dying, changed to irnv and remove the attachment, things got better. If you spot the target and tap shoot you can drop targets from 50-70 that are beyond your scope vision, jyst aim directly under the triangle, in the 20-40 meter range the scope removes all the clutter and leave you with a big white target, if you manage to get behind a cover and ads, pop in and out between bursts resetting your bloom, you can easily drop 3 targets that are advancing on you, just pop up a little to the side fron where you were. The mrsw shines for me at apm, tech, biolabs, but sucks at open battles. Aim to the left arm pit, the recoul will take you to the headshot trough the target chest with a little bit af compensation, the other thing was to stop sprinting into corners and dors, slow down, open new territory, sprint along, that milliseconds to pull your weapon from sprinting, while poping out your shield to an enemy that waited for you is all that matters.
    It's all IMHO, just an observation.
    The concussion granede is a life changee 2, I managed to clear a full room with a reload in between with it :)

The stat guru, if you can tell me what to do next, here are my stats
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428092149171616017.php
  10. ent|ty

I used to have a bad habit of aiming down sights, even in close combat, though it worked okay with more headshots; just wasn't as good if target was moving (especially during the strafe expoit)
    I was doing this, because due to SOE's description in the Certs area, I thought the laser sight attachment was only a visual, as if the laser pointing out of the gun would help; I thought it was pointless and n00b so never used it
    When I found out that it increased hip accuracy instead, i was like 'wtf i noob'd out', then started using it, and the kills started to climb.

Now after about GU 11 or so, doesn't matter what I do really. Results seem to be more random to me now then skill-based, I'm pretty much stuck at a 1:1 ratio due to low fps/latency issues in PS2
    Due to this I can really no longer tell the difference between 1 gun or the other, it now feels like just a dice roll in a 1 vs 1.

PS2 has become the last game I play now; and I only do so until I get pissed off at the sluggish gameplay, which nowadays takes about 30 mins, or if I participate in a larger firefight.

I dont use a wireless keyboard or mouse. I've never seen the need for such a thing, and i have a moral qualm of using a technology that forces us to rely on battery companies to operate our computers, as well as the immense waste of materials that heads to the landfillls once the batteries are used.

Unfortunately, it seems as though my choice in this is being taken away, as every time i visit as store selling computer peripherals, the non-wireless items are disappearing fast, or are now only lower quality brands. :/
  11. LowTechKiller

Hmmm...I'm guessing it's a latency issue then. I'm wondering if something hasn't changed between your modem and your Internet Service Provider.
  12. Kyouki

Learn to play. Being BR 60 doesn't mean you are good.
  13. Swoo

He better bring a couple friends as well. Unless you are in a Flash or Harasser, one guy with a Striker will NOT kill you unless you let him.
  14. Gutseen

For TR the bis gun is a T-7 Chaingun.
    Why?
    1. Rate of fire
    2. x2 ammo in a clip (with an upgrade)
    3. universal in any range combat
    4. loud, has a badass look.
  15. Unblest

I know what you mean. The other day I was dying left and right. I went from my DEFAULT which is the Carv S to the MSWR to the TMG-50 and seemed to die more then I could kill.. I even switched classes to see if I could do any better, and was still dying. So I logged off for the day and the next day came back and my Carv S seemed to be back to where it used to be. I just seemed to of lagged and never noticed it.

As for the Carv I like the gun, would like to use it, but it feels wrong. I ADS most of the time, but when I do hip fire the Carv is horrible. The Carv S is slightly better imo. The MSWR is my backup and I usually do pretty well. The TMG-50 I would love the gun because of the higher damage, but its ROF is lower so I die more with it. Good gun though. I will pull it out because I love the look, feel, and the sound it makes when it fires.
  16. LenaQuin

Starts firing slow, horrible "spray and pray" cof as soon as it reaches the full RoF, horrible at long range.
    I dont know why anyone would really use it except for close range indoor "room-cleaning" with the help of a concussion grenade. Too situational for my taste.

How did you get a compensator for it? But more important: Why is it your favorite HA gun?

I´m using the Rhino right now too. Never saw anything special in the gun worth using it, but wanted to try it out due to Pellas TR HA guide.
    Adv foregrip doesnt seem to make much of a difference since it doesnt really have noticeable horizontal recoil even without it.
    No soft point ammo.
    No 2x reflex sight.
    No compensator.

Only 1x reflex makes it more of a cqc weapon, but the ammo and attachments are for a med/long range one, but a compensator is missing. With a minimum of 125dmg it doesnt feel exceptionally strong at longer ranges too. I tried out the 3.4/4.0 scopes in VR, but those wouldnt work for me. Also it would be a problem in close to med range fights.
    I dont really know what SOE wants us to do with this weapon.

I can handle most situations with it, but it feels like a CARV with lower RoF/DPS to me.
  17. ent|ty

I have done an extensive study of my entire network, with all the usual tests, ping tests, speed tests, firewall tests, everything and it only seems to be an issue in PS2 only, even if the connection to SOny's servers are registering as 35-55ms.
    Maybe its something else, the CPU (AMD 8120X8), videocard(NVIdia 560Ti), or maybe just the network card on the frikking mobo.. but if all tests to other targets like Hong Kong for pete's sakes still says 2.5up, 25 down... the only issue is seen in PS2...
    So I don't understand how other players can have no issue, yet mine is remarkable.
  18. SinerAthin

Pretty much the only thing their KD is good for is telling you whether they are a loner or outfit player most of the time :p