[Suggestion] Final words of a vet, and I'm not damning PS2, I just hope they see some of the errors of their ways

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duke-Nukem, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Drol

Planetside and Duke are like the odd couple; one of them is often misunderstood but means well and is entirely loveable if you give them a chance, the other is called Duke.
    • Up x 1
  2. Camycamera

do you bother to check the roadmap? :eek:
  3. IamDH

Duke has a point here.
    The potential planetside 2 can have is immense and yet we are barely utilizing it
  4. Klypto

About what?
  5. DramaticExit

I'm guessing this is the same Duke that's been making the same thread over and over again for the last four months, right?
  6. ronjahn

I appreciate the passion, but unless I missed something, you have failed to make a point in this thread.

You say that you want people to rally behind you, but you failed give anyone something to rally behind.

You imply to have some sort of insider knowledge or secrets from the Devs, but have failed to share it to get people to believe and stand by you.

Is it optimization, content, balance? Are they installing mini viruses everytime I log in?

I believe your intentions are good but instead of making a "the sky is falling thread" maybe try something constructive?
  7. Klypto

I think he wants much more complexity and depth like Planetside 1 had... but it's still extremely vague.
  8. EvilPhd

I have a saying.

Sanity is priceless.

Let it go Duke. Walk away. Save your sanity.
  9. uhlan

Oh for crying out loud...

No offence to anyone, but WHY must the gaming public always get so emotionally involved in a GAME made for profit?

Self importance is the surest way to angst ridden depression.

SOE owes us NOTHING.

The penalty for that, of course, is that we walk away and they lose income.

I understand that people think their time and treasure spent in game is important, but you need to realize that it's only important to YOU.

I almost get embarrassed reading some of these posts and feel sorry for some of the folks who really believe their opinions are important to anyone.

Unfortunately, the opinions of the fans are LESS important than you think. Fans who don't buy anything are LEAST important. You're aleady here and grinding for certs in what amounts to "filler" for the paying community.

What PS 2 wants are NEW players willing to spend a few bucks. Such is the F2P model. If they feel they need to change things to draw more new people to the game, no amount of whining by ANYONE will change it. The ONLY reason implants died such a sudden death is that paying customers threatened to leave... and that only resulted in a postponement.

There will be increasing pressure to add abilities to paying customers that boosts their effectiveness over the non-payers.

The developers, no matter how well intentioned are still subject to SOE's bottom line and not a Company unto themselves... there is little they can do. Most are Coders/gamers/artists and not business majors.

I work in a similar industry and I can tell you how much frustration there is when the enthusiasts meet the bean-counters. It's a thoroughly painful experience.

People need to wrap their collective heads around these factors and stop getting so tied up in knots.
    • Up x 1
  10. Klondik3

Have you entertained the possibility that Duke is a troll?
  11. uhlan

Yes I had, but this kind of thing is so common I had to vent....
  12. Ash87

Mmmkay.

See you next week duke.
  13. Johalt

Here's the tl:dr

I'm drunk and posting stupid ****.