What kind of fight do you like?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Lazaruz

Any fight where I get decent fps. If there are VS/NC dying by the hundreds, I consider it a bonus.

If I were to pick one type, I would go for a shorthanded Biolab fight where I was defending alone against 3-6 guys or defending with 6 guys against 10-15 guys. Big open field battles are great as well, especially at night.
  2. faykid

because tech plants have very unpredictable surroundings. you never know when and where an enemy might pop out

also, they have a large area defenseless against armor, and as soon as enemy tanks roll in it all boils down to spawn camping.

so, basically because they are too big and irregular in layout, and too defenseless
  3. Torok

AMP stations fights are the BEST! :D
    can't wait for Domeshields on them, when GU15 will hit Live i'll definetly be there for the Amerish Alerts
  4. lilleAllan

Between bases/open field battles with sunderers some random place, 12-24 dudes on each team.

But ofcourse also the 48+ exolosionfests, even though those kill my framerate.
  5. Morpholine

Pretty much any fight where the population margins aren't too out of whack. I can take being outnumbered by a bit, and can tolerate slightly outnumbering the enemy (although that's less fun), and even fights are often some of the best. Overall size doesn't matter much to me, at least until it gets so large that heals, repairs, and utilities stop working reliably.

But crushing all of a minor opposition under the sheer weight of numbers is no fun, from either side of the "fight".

Edit: Oh, and if I can find an overhead vantage point on a tight grouping of enemies, with my Lasher in hand, you'll hear me cackling like a mad man.
  6. KenDelta

Small choke zone with 40 peps each side , UBGL and a vantage point.
  7. DaMann22

Open field battles are the best for me. One night the fight between Skydock and red ridge between two zergs at night was one of the best experiences I have had in game. I literally stood there infiltrating just watching the tracers, lashers, lancers, and more for minutes on end.
  8. SushiCW

+1 to open field battles, those are tremendously fun. I wish there were more spaces where these regularly occurred.

Also, I want to call out massive ESF furballs as being a total blast to play in.
  9. Ash87

As much as this will sound like a smart *** response: The best fights I have had in planetside, are fights over things that don't matter.

My most memorable fights were:
    1. Myself and a squad ascending a hill, to take out an entrenched squad and a half of NC who were set up as AV between two bases
    2. Myself and a platoon sitting in a trench between two bases, defending the trench from an attack on both sides
    Fighting over bases is fun, but for some reason, the fights that happen in the middle of nowhere, are infinitely more fun.
    • Up x 3
  10. PrimePriest

Large tank battles in SW green part of Indar. Terrain down there is fantastic. It gives so many options for flanking, gaining positional advatage or even just forming straight up firing line. Nothing is more beautiful than seeing 5 more Vanguards charging with you towards enemy defensive formation.

Also I enjoy from time to time being "the guy in a back". Oh there's massive fight going on? Ok I'll just chill here, repair a Sundy. Give you guys some ammo behind that cover.
  11. Quiiliitiila

Couldn't agree with you more! Sometimes the best fights are the random ones that spring up in the middle nowhere when two forces run into each other.
  12. DFDelta

1. AMP stations, size doesnt matter as long as its somewhere between 20 - 200 players on each side and even numbers.
    2. Biolabs/Techplants with around 50 vs 50 players.
    3. Open field battles with huge player numbers, especially if numbers are roughly even. Bonus points for the area around/between TI Alloys and Crossroads.
  13. PWGuy93

• Fights without players using exploits, hacks (A near impossibility these days).
    • Fights that give and take and go on for hours (I guess battle islands will be my home when they launch).
    • Fights that aren't dominated by too much of any one element (too many tanks or air ruin the fun).
    • Fights that happen between alerts (alerts are just zergs with one side typically winning based on the # of players and don't involve much actual fighting).
    • Fights that give me the opportunity and encourage me to switch classes often.
    • Fights that aren't at tech plants, bio-domes or amp stations (I can't stand these but love the interlink facility on Hossin).
  14. ViXeN

LOL Yeah, that was the kind of fight I like... A long battle with tons of people on both sides. I have to give them credit, they had that place well defended last night. I tried to rush in on both sides multiple times and they always killed me before I did too much damage. My mighty MAX even went down twice! :mad:

Anyway, that was one of the best base defenses I have seen so far. I don't think I have ever died so much in one fight. :eek:
  15. ent|ty

I like variance and choice , just like there was at launch.
    Lattice obliterated all of that, along with walls around based and unnecessary terrain added.
  16. Crator

I was in this fight yesterday. Was really good fun! There were VS aircraft in the fight but I think the NC did a good job of taking them out so they just gave up. I know I took out a few of them. But the fact that the cliff ridge lines are high and wide it's like a trap for aircraft there mostly.

I called the harasser OP in /yell chat cause a Vanu was bragging how he took out like 40 NC in 4 minutes from the top of the cliff above Broken Arch.
  17. ViXeN

I remember, I killed you once during that fight. :D

And I really wish we wouldn't have had two sundies up on that cliff. I accidentally respawned there several times in my HA and had to redeploy. LOL
  18. HadesR

Large fights between two bases ..

You push or are pushed out of a base then do a fighting withdrawal to the next , you then push back to the one you started in .. rinse repeat ..
    Cut and thrust battles that include both open field and base combat ..

Sometimes a change of pace is nice like a 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 for Mesa Skydock .. But prefer larger fights.
  19. pnkdth

Bit infantry foot zergs with vehicle/air support. It is always an awesome experience rather than getting into sunderers or teleporting like a magical pixies across the map. The whole experience of physically moving between bases makes the maps feel connected, as well generating battles which force you learn and make full use of terrain(or the lack thereof).

Example, Quartz Ridge and Indar exacavation. A few days ago the VS pushed from Quartz. The ESFs delivering payloads, infantry using tanks as cover. Then seeing a galaxy swooping in dropping a full squad. The fight arounds this area and a few bases towards dahaka lasted for hours. Combined arms at its finest.
  20. Crator

Yeah, I remember seeing you in chat at that fight. I have really been having a lot of fun between Tarwich, CrossRoads Watchtower, Vanu Archives, and Regent Rock Garrison. And the places in-between. Occasionally hitting up Allutum Biolab. When NC were at the other warp-gate I used to play a lot at Indar Excavation, Quartz Ridge, and Hvar Tech Plant which is also fun but sometimes it seems really hard to get into Quartz Ridge from Indar Excavation when it's defended heavily.