Does SOE care anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drsexxytime, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuBs

You're an idiot and your attitude is utterly counter-productive.
  2. Konfuzfanten

Why thx you SuBs. Because in the end of the day it isnt about the argument its about the tone or attitude!
  3. SuBs

Your 'argument' consists of: "LOL STOP MAKIN COMPLETELY VALID COMPLAINTS U WHINER!".
  4. TeknoBug

What SOE devs do with themselves instead of focusing on the game
    [IMG]
  5. Giggily

For the past few days VS has also had the lowest prime time pops, or is at least tied for lowest. My XP/min per session has also risen by around 100+ in the mean time. It feels excellent.
  6. CptFirelord

If he can't QQ about the NC MAX, then you can't QQ period. Everything in the VS arsenal atm is broken beyond belief. ZOE being the worst of it all.
  7. Being@RT

Don't forget what sirisian says right there on top of the graphs..

For example, I log on more or less every day to each of my six characters, and log off before I run out of the spawn tube. On sirisan that shows up as 1 more player for that hour, although in reality I didn't play at all.

The ingame population graphs are in fact more precise, as even though they too display players who are only logging in for "passive" certs or to check the store deals, at least the number is updated far more often than once an hour.. It's very unlikely that everyone who logs in to not play does so on the very same moment within a one hour period after all.

Sirisian also does a good job crunching the graphs together because it displays such a long history.. especially when you display the 'all factions' line.. a few anomalies (one hour periods with 2-3 times the normal population) put the max population shown to 8000, while actual populations hover around the 500-700 hundred mark per faction. Without a closer look at the graphs' tooltips, a value of 500 isn't much different from a value of 700 when the scale is from 0 to 8000... 2.5%-units of the entire graph scale on the 200 pop difference.

If we assume that each faction has a similar number of these players who log in and then don't play (I suspect there's more of these on the factions that aren't perceived to be winning, but I have no way of proving that so I'll just roll with this assumption instead), the actual numbers of players per faction are lower while the absolute difference in players remains.. a 50 player difference at 500 vs 500 vs 550 on the graph could actually denote 400 vs 400 vs 450 actual players (100 non-players each faction).

But if the reality is that 550 vs 500 vs 500 logged in players is actually only 300 vs 200 vs 200 active players because some idle at warpgate or go to VR or just log in for their certs or to chat with friends because they don't like playing against the overpopulated faction etc.. We have no way of measuring this via ingame graphs or Sirisian, but I bet this is the effect players feel. Active player numbers are likely to be even more unbalanced than any graph shows.

edit: bah, the quote is still messy and I don't know why. some invisible characters.. But good enough.
  8. BadAsElite

Snap ;)
  9. Vanus Aran

SOE does not care about what anyone here thinks.
    Why? There is enough proof. If you one doesnt know yet they are hopeless anyways.

Lattice destroyed the satisfaction of half the playerbase, serverpopulations fell into chaos and all for nothing but silly delusions and ideals that can NEVER be fulfilled anyway.
    PS2 could never simulate the stupid zergbattle that we have seen in the trailer and ITS NOT FUN ANYWAY IF THAT WOULD BE REACHED !!!

Because if there are so many people in a field that there is so little progress just by the action one single player, you start to feel not satisfied ANYYYYYYYYWAYYYYYYYY!
    Why was I not in an Outfit months ago? Why?
    First: Because the ingamemechanics didnt allowed easily to find people meeting your interests and/or speaking your language.
    Second: ... because I liked playing totally free without waiting to coordinate with other people.

I regret nothing, I enjoyed everything. That has not changed.
    But what do we have now? Simply chaos left and right. Alerts dont even exist anymore. If I wobble into one its an accident.
    Indeed the game was too good. Everything sacrificed for nothing. Some empires doomed to lose every alert, others to win them. Emptyness in everything but the actual action done right now.

If SOE would have truly cared it would have not come to this.
  10. Drsexxytime

IIRC that isn't 100% accurate, even close, but your insults will make sure I will take your opinion as truth!

Until we see results of their working in game. They've been working on things since I left months ago and it's still not in game. White Knight elsewhere.
  11. Tommyp2006

Smedly has recently stated that they are now stopping development on all new content in order to work on optimization. This should mean better FPS, better stability, less crashes. From what I've heard, it's expected to take 2-4 months. It's not going to be an overnight thing. You don't just flip a switch and the game is magically organized. One of the biggest issues with programming is that often as you fix one bug or issue in the code, 10 more pop up in it's place. Many of this games issues are rooted deep in the coding of the engine, and fixing it will take time to make sure that there aren't game breaking bugs that pop up.

Population imbalance is just as much of a fault of the players as it is the developers. If players choose to create a population imbalance, then that's just how it will be. You cannot FORCE players to only play a specific faction or lock them out of their characters because of a population imbalance. Besides, believe it or not, mattherson is not the only server in this game. There are others out there with much better balance.

If SOE truly did not care about this game anymore, they would have stopped development on it months ago.
  12. Sordid

Oooh, optimization pass? Does that mean the game is finally nearing the end of its beta, a year after release? That's wonderful, you're doing such a great job, SOE! :)
  13. Drsexxytime

So no new content for 2-4 months? No thanks. Do both like other well regraded developers do. This game cannot remain stagnant any longer, or I suspect many will leave. They'll have their new PS4 userbase for a couple months, and then the same will happen here. Here I thought SOE changed their ways, instead the stigma is still alive.
  14. Peter Daniel

The population graphic should show percentage AND real numbers of players.
  15. Drsexxytime

Well things look even more grim with mass lay offs for SOE Austin and SOE San Diego. Now's the time for someone to step up here and assure your customers that things are going to happen here for the better. Anythings better than what we dealt with to date here.

Here's to hoping some real professionals get put in charge there and get things going for a better game. Oh, and that they actually interact with us here.
  16. RadarX

This is honestly gone off in quite a few different directions and many of them non-constructive. Closing this up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.