ZOE Is still a problem.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sauna

I think it's less brilliant as it is now. Besides, how many ZOE level 1's are running around? Level 1 ZOE is a small step towards the best MAX Ability in the game.
  2. Messaiga

Lol it is the best because the others SUCK. There, I said it. The Aegis Shield and Lockdown are just terrible in comparison, ZOE is balanced at the moment. I'd rather they make the other abilities actually useful instead of nerfing ZOE into uselessness along with the other 2.
    • Up x 4
  3. Donaldson Jones

TR have the AMAZINGLY OVERPOWERED STRIKER. Quit your ********. I've played all three factions but mostly VS, most players have adapted to ZOE such that using ZOE for anything other than quick strikes with support (ie. rushing to recap a point) is very high risk. I turn off ZOE once we get to the point to take advantage of my armor.

ZOE is situational, can it be more useful sure if you run out in the open, but you are a giant glowing pink thing that has shoot me written on it's back.
  4. supernauttt

ZOE is situational? lol what! yea only usable when shooting at the enemy, very uncommon situation....and i dont complain often but the ZOE is still a problem i agree, im still running into them to often and having entire squads wipe cuz of one max, thats not how it should be, specially in comparison to the aegis shield which is 100% defensive, which would be good except for the fact it only defends the already toughest unit in the game...also ive never used the aegis shield in a situation that i could of just moved out of the way of fire insted...only reason i use it is cuz its fun to stand in front of a massive fireing lane and not die once in awhile, thats it...no stratgeic value whatsoever...it would of been perfectly practical to make the shield a 1 arm ability and alow us to still shoot with the other arm, and just cut the abilities time in half..if that was the case the ZOE wouldnt be nearly as rediculous as it is, also TR sufferes as well, i would still take there ability over NC but IMO it stands as NC being the worst ability TR only slightly better than NC and VS is in a whole different league of effectiveness
  5. supernauttt

if u fought against it you would know its not a giant shoot me target its a time to run as ill be one shotted if it sees me target...however u are partially right that good players who have more experience will fire on it knowing it takes more damage, and i shoot everything i can at it if i know its already to late to run and hide, but i do it knowing there is no way i dont end up dieing, i just try to inflict as much damage as possible before doing so, again compared with TR and NC max, its a different league still and it will be nerfed as its out of proportion just as the striker will be as well its just what happens when SOE makes a mistake
  6. Nintyuk

This is my plan when facing any max:
    1. Tag him with sticky grenade
    2. Duck and weave until it detonates
    3. Unload shotgun shells in to him while avoiding his front.
    With a ZOE MAX or a super sayan MAX as I like to call them I get about half way through step one before I die. With TR and the rare non-ZOE MAX'es I get as far as stage three most of the time before the MAX clips me with a punch. And If I'm lucky I can solo MAX'es with that plan without using C4.
    It's not the best plan but it's a fun plan that is exciting for both parties. It's just the ZOE MAX just ruins it every time and can kill me far too quickly even If I ambush it. So my only option Is C4 traps combined with using my self as bait.
  7. Lagavulin

ZOE is definitely OP, but that's the VS faction trait, lol.
  8. rickampf

What makes this super vanu max a pain in the *** is their speed. They strafe so fast... its very dificult to hit this thing with rockets, they are fast enough to run away from LAs with C4 at hand (faster than TR and NC). This ZOE ability improves the TTK and survivability, there is no downside on it. Its clear that SOE gave unbalanced special abilities for the maxes.
  9. Swoo

I'm sorry, but I can't be the only one laughing over this. That's unintentional irony, right? I always confuse the types. :/
  10. DocteurVK

I tend to think that all the people saying VS MAX is OP are trying to SOLO them.

A MAX is still a MAX, and if you want to solo them, you'll have to outplay them.

I think TR MAXes are the easiest to outplay because their spec ability doesn't allow them to move. They're powerfull but slow

NC MAXes have to be taken away from range. Easy to do in the open, but very hard in close combat, especially if they master the use of their shield. Very deadly in CQB / Weak in the open

ZOE MAXes should not be considered as MAXes, but infantry, due to their increased speed.

RLs are not the best choice, except if you can anticipate their strafing pattern. To ensure some damage, aim for their feet, they'll take damage. Next, you'll have to sneak past them or ambush them to use C4 efficiently (they can move too fast if you drop it in front of them).

Don't forget that they'll tend to get to cover more often than other MAXes, so a sustained fire can force them to retreat and give you time to think to a plan.

As they'll take 30% more damage, a massive suppressive fire will be more efficient than one rocket in the face.

If you use LAs or Engies, I recommend you to grab your UBGL and shoot them to the face (UBGL nades are fast) then run after them and unload your ammo and retreat.

On My VS, I only use charge as i find ZOE too much dangerous to use with inappropriate suport.

Also, even if they can strafe faster, MAXes with ZOE are weaker, don't hesitate to push them. Grab high RoF guns, grab your own MAXes, use smoke / concussion / flash ...
  11. CrashB111

Typically when one unit out of a set of units requires much more tactics and effort to defeat, that unit is over performing.

And this kind of excuse making sounds exactly like the NC when they were defending the insta-gib Scatter MAX before it got nerfed.
  12. Swoo

Personally, I'd rather the other MAX's be raised up to the ZOE's level instead of the nerf-bat getting swung around. The ZOE is obviously, ahem, 'over tuned', but SOE hasn't really proven they know how to lower abilities without putting them six-feet under and then giving them a few whacks with the shovel just to be sure.
    • Up x 1
  13. DocteurVK

As I said before, I don't use ZOE at all, I didn't ever cert rank 1.

I play regularly with my MAX, both AI and AV and feel just fine with the charge.

I just didn't have that much problems killing VS Maxes with ZOE on my alts, but I'm maybe not enough fighting them...

Anyway, I should try to fight an organized group with ZOE inside, but we all know Teamwork is OP as hell in PS2.
  14. Chubrokoli

In my opinion a normal soldier shouldnt be able to solo a MAX and thats also possible with a ZOE MAX but on the other side it's much easier to solo a TR/NC MAX especially a NC MAX, just stay out of range(and thats not far away) and you never get killed by a NC MAX and i speak from experience.

It's like 2 guys can kill a ZOE MAX with no problems and 1 guy can kill a ZOE MAX with average effort.
    However a NC MAX is getting killed by 1 person with rocketlauncher and brain. Not to mention what 2 guys can do to a NC MAX.
    On the other side a Lockdown MAX is only useable if you have engi support.

I would be happy if MAXes are a real threat so i would recommend to
    1. At least double the health of all MAXes
    2. Give the NC MAX a bigger, reflecting shield and their old shotguns
    3. Give the TR MAX damage resistance on their front but increase damage recived on their back while in lockdown
    4. Dont change anything for ZOE
  15. MorganM

I love my ZoE MAX but I can be objective enough to realize... it's awesome.

I agree with the premise that you just turn it on and leave it on. The benefits out weigh the penalties.

What if they did something as simple as forcing you to turn it off now and then? Give it an overheating mechanism. So the longer you leave it on the hotter your suit gets. Eventually you start taking damage. Have to turn it off, cool down, and then engage it again.

That way ppl will save it for when they NEED it (read: situational).
  16. CrashB111

It never should have been a toggle ability in the first place with an instant on/off switch.

It should have functioned like the TR Overdrive from Planetside 1 (since that is what it is) where once activated it will burn until its charge is depleted and be unable to be activated again until it is fully charged.
  17. slipnitz

ZOE max i basically a super heavy assault...

idk but i thought maxes was suppose to be freakin SLOW moving
  18. OldMaster

Just an example. Look the stats of this player when using Max with dual blueshift and zoe. Absurd :confused:
    [IMG]
  19. Peebuddy

I just find it funny because they didn't want to give Vs MAXs the traditional ability (Jetpacks) because they thought it would be too OP

So lets give them ZOE instead
    • Up x 2
  20. Snoozzzer

At least blueshifts got a bit nerfed.

I liek my ZOE max. Buff the shield and lockdown instead - increase the amount of damage both maxes can take with those abilities active, leave ZOE alone

- NC for life dude