A Mattherson take from a Connery VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Hibiki54

Keep in mind that all the "tactics" that Mattherson outfits utilize and all the trash talking happened because of TE and BCPs live streams. Once TE quit PS2, all the substance that made Mattherson a fun, competitive server dried up. So everyone jumped ship to the OP faction, especially now that you get a warning when an Alert is going to occur.

TE pretty much carried TR Mattherson in prime time, seriously.
  2. DuckSauce

[IMG]
    But seriously, thanks for the laughs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kaserai

To be honest, I don't call rampant cheating and disorganized factions "skilled."
    I watched the NC get destroyed in the alert (no cooperation at all.) Soon followed by the fall of the TR against a MASSIVE VS zerg on Mattherson. The VS on Mattherson are low lifes compared Connery if they think they have skill because they win alerts with 20% pop advantages.
    • Up x 3
  4. travbrad

Well the game doesn't do anything to discourage this unfortunately. You are rewarded huge amounts of XP for capturing nearly empty bases with overwhelming force, and for winning alerts.
  5. Brayton

Oooooh no. This will not end well. Especially since Waterson NC command doesn't use command chat after people abused it or do the orders command.
  6. Nerd Mode

How can anyone from VS on Mattherson nowadays say they experience any level of challenge? Are the underpopulated and under represented TR and NC that much of a challenge for you? And please, probably a huge chunk of us all play on Connery and Waterson as well just as I do, and no, Mattherson is not the well-spring of talent as you claim. Once TE bounced from PS2, Mattherson TR lost a lot of power. Not to take anything away from the other outfits on TR there, but TE had the manpower and organization to push wins even when TR was outnumbered. When they were still active, prime time with balanced pops saw TR winning alot.

Being NC or TR on Mattherson is depressing as far as what the future looks like; there are very few competitive outfits there that can balance out the power. On Waterson, it's totally different, each faction houses competitive and active teams: ZAPS (VS), VDRS (VS), TIW (NC), DVS (NC), DREV (NC), NUC (TR), IR (TR), etc. If I left your outfit out, I apologize just naming a few. On Mattherson VS holds the population and most the competitive or powerful teams. TR has BWC and NC has BAX and I think SG and CML? Again, not slandering any teams I left out but it's pretty grim there for those 2 factions. Anyways, that's just the way I see it.
    • Up x 2
  7. Brayton

Seriously, why is everyone taking the piss on Waterson, we have issues with TR overpopulating, but other than that its fun until you hit the TR zerg.
  8. Teekoon

Why are people **** talking other servers to begin with? Sure, go ahead and gripe about your own, but unless you spend a ton of time on another server, then you just don't know and pretending you do is lame.
    • Up x 2
  9. Epic High Five

I play my Connery TR a fair bit anymore and I've gotta say the average player skill is much higher on Mattherson. With a barely certed Medic and a TAR I would log off after a couple hours gameplay with a 6+ KDR. It's not an infantry heavy server like Mattherson so people aren't as polished at not getting killed horribly by players who can utilize cover to line up a shot and put 10 rounds in your head in half a second (<3 TAR).

That's the fun part, the not so fun part is that the support class aspect of Connery TR is sorely lacking and they seem to be almost obsessed with TKing. A ton of TR roll medics just like on Mattherson TR because the TR ARs are fantastic. The difference is that when you're on TR on Mattherson it's maybe 3 seconds between dying and getting a rezz no matter where you are, whereas on Connery TR even if you're surrounded by medics you're going to have to respawn. Also I can't run flak on my MAX because there's never any engies around.

I do love fighting Recursion though, those guys are ****** good and a great fight. Haven't really run into a VS crew to compare but I play late so I may just not ever see one.

None of this is to say that Mattherson is perfect, or even necessarily superior. The infantry play is great but there's a lot of cheese too - things like UBGL prevalence and lockdown HE prowler spam and the Marauder/Vulcan Harassers, my god.
    • Up x 1
  10. Epic High Five

Basically:

Mattherson is the best if it's a nonstop infantry face **** you're after

Connery is combined arms to a much larger degree.

The only reason there's any vehicle action at all on Mattherson is because NC don't have a good AV weapon like the Lancer or Striker and lockdowns spamming spawn rooms. That's really just about what it's limited to. I can go a whole day of playing and never see a real dogfight overhead.
  11. Kaal87

Sounds like Connery and Mattherson need to settle this smack talk on the PTS server
    • Up x 3
  12. ElCreepo

13. Negator

I would say Connery is combined arms only because the infantry pay so little attention to actually dealing with them.
  14. Negator

all this from the peanut gallery on Connery. lol.
  15. Giggily

Already happened last night, kiddo.

Mattherson of course was victorious.
  16. Vanudrax

Lol @ watching you players from other servers try to trash talk Mattherson. That's kind of our thing, and believe me, you're not in our league.

Sorry if you are offended when I say Mattherson is better. Sorry if you don't like our way of doing things. Sorry if....................................

No wait. I'm not sorry. We're the best server going. So I'm not sorry in the least. I'd put Mattherson outfits up against outfit in the game, Mattherson outfits will come out on top everytime. Go ahead, tell me how your outfit is so great. Yeah, it's easy to rack up a good score when you play on a bot filled server with apathetic players who mindlessly stream into the killzone time after time.

Bring your elite outfits on. Mattherson outfits such as BWC, GOTR, CML GOKU, NNG and a host of others from all 3 factions will teach you how much you have left to learn. We don't have bots here, everyone whose played long term on Mattherson is a pro.
    • Up x 2
  17. ElCreepo

Well, if nothing else, I think we can all agree that Mattherson is certainly better at dickwaving and chestbeating.
  18. TeknoBug

I'm sorry but I've been on Matt since day 2 up until last month (and I still continue to login and play occasionally on that server), and yet I'm trashing the server. I'm assuming you don't have any toons on other servers to really see the big picture, Miller is a good server to see competition on, Connery is a clean environment with almost no trash talk (and as Elcreepo says, dickwaving), Waterson is just all TR and it makes me cry but Mattherson is garbage all the way around the block from all 3 factions, it's no wonder why my original Matt VS outfit left the game for Skyrim and Chavalry (YUCK).
  19. DistantPower

Gentlemen! Gentlemen! Please, let us take a moment to simmer down a bit. I understand that many of us here, like or dislike our respective servers extremely, be it skill, attitude or whatever.

Clearly we're getting nowhere forumside of the game. Now while I would suggest as a solution, monkey knife fighting or cockfighting, sadly the law is the law ;) and we have to respect that.

Therefore taking Vanudrax's suggestion further, there's only one other option, a classic one from ye olden days of ye merry Planetsyde 1. A Server grudge Match or tournament, held on PTS or some other server. The EU did it, despite the problems suffered as did Connery and Mattherson the other day, so why not all the US servers? The best Mattherson has to offer vs the elite of Waterson and Connery. There we'll see clearly which server dominates.

Mattherson can be TR, Connery NC and Waterson VS. Hold it on any continent on the PTS and fight it out. First one to secure said continent and hold it for a certain time (or the server with most holdings at the end of a time limit), wins.

Well this is a rough suggestion, subject to tweaking. But how about it?
  20. Negator

Your original Matt VS outfit failed. Connery is a 'clean environment' because the majority of its players are clueless. if that's your thing, go for it.