ETA on SLI Fix?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blackweb, Aug 18, 2013.

1. dreamcast87

The ETA on SLI fix is...never.
  2. Blackweb

SOE, if this statement is accurate, I may have to consider cancelling my sub :(
  3. Roxputin

Trying Nvidia 314.22 still not the best but bearable.
  4. Blackweb

Fix the freaking SLI SOE! :mad: PS2 sucks without SLI :(
    • Up x 1
  5. Creovex

Same thing for x-fire...
  6. Paranormal

I would like to jump back into PS2 with my SLI rig at your earliest convience. Nothing but stutter and unbearable frames since the 8/16 patch with SLI!
  7. Sarethor

There's no issue with SLI, specifically. The map/loadout screen caching was screwed up but the small patch today remedied that for me.

If you're CPU limited, that should tell you it's not because your GPUs aren't pulling weight.
  8. Blackweb

lolwut? Thats not what Higby said on Reddit. He said turning off SLI fixes the low framerate issue for those who were using SLI. He was right except that single GPU frame rates are much lower than SLI frame rates.

Please dont attempt to redefine an issue that has already been defined by the devs and users. You are speculating about something you know nothing about.
  9. VonSalat

You sir are full of so much miss information i simply faceplam at you.

So its been what nearly a week if not longer now and no ETA on a fix to correct the SLI sync issue related to the UI changes made in that lovely hot fix last week ?

Well guess that is that then, sub canceled because i have yet to see a single SOE/DEV response on the official forums.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gammit

*** **** it :(
    • Up x 1
  11. Blackweb

This is not a driver issue. Updating your drivers will not fix SLI in PS2. Fixing the current SLI low fps issue is SOE's responsibility.
    • Up x 1
  12. Blackweb

Now the game is unstable on a single GPU. 3 CTDs so far tonight.
  13. Balkoth

Come on guys....I really want to get back into the fray. Also, my alpha squad boost is running out, if it hasn't already.....
  14. DashTech

I thought I'd speak to SOE support regarding this issue - it's all very well about us moaning on forums about the issue, but if nobody has spoken to SOE about it, then they might not be aware.

I didn't give them any hints of what is causing the issue and let them run through troubleshooting steps themselves - they suggested a driver rollback (which naturally, didn't work), and although they saw my system config with two GPUs at no point suggested disabling one.

Alas, as I don't have a subscription they won't escalate the issue - so if anybody with a subscription has the issue you may have better luck at getting this escalated.

Transcript:

[12:15:10 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
    [12:15:39 PM] DashTech soe: ok, one moment
    [12:15:52 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Sure thing!
    [12:17:05 PM] DashTech soe: Ok, it is updating
    [12:17:15 PM] DashTech soe: It has updated
    [12:17:48 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Alright, go ahead and trying going into the game and see if the issue persists. Does the framerate drop typically occur in certain sections of the game?
    [12:19:05 PM] DashTech soe: No, since the patch it seems to be happening all over - even when doing nothing in game. Normally I got fluxuation on my framerate in heavy combat areas, but still not enough to disrupt gameplay. I am just logging on.
    [12:21:39 PM] DashTech soe: The problem remains.
    [12:22:39 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Ok, let me give you some additional instructions so I can diagnose further.
    [12:23:18 PM] DashTech soe: ok...
    [12:23:33 PM] TSR Timothy A.: I’ll need you to create the following two diagnostic files so I can take a closer look for any potential hardware and software issues:

DxDiag.txt
    MSinfo.txt

To create the files on your hard drive, please follow these instructions:

DxDiag.txt
    - Press and hold the Windows key and tap the R key on your keyboard.
    - In the box that pops up type DXDIAG and press Enter on your keyboard.
    - Click the "Save all Information" button, located at the bottom of the program window.
    - In the "Save As" box click the icon in the top bar.
    - Select the desktop and save the file as "dxdiag.txt"

MSinfo.txt
    - Press and hold the Windows key and tap the R key on your keyboard again.
    - In the box that pops up type MSINFO32 and press Enter on your keyboard.
    - Click on the "File" menu and choose "Export..."
    - Select the desktop and save the file as "MSInfo.txt"
    [12:26:28 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Thank you. Just a few moments please while I look over this data.
    [12:28:08 PM] DashTech soe: Sorry, the MSInfo file was just the graphics and not the whole thing
    [12:28:30 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Thank you! I was just going to ask about that.
    [12:36:38 PM] TSR Timothy A.: I apologize for the wait. I am still looking through the data you provided.
    [12:36:56 PM] DashTech soe: no problem, there's quite a bit (mostly planetside 2 crash reports by the looks of things!)
    [12:37:41 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Yes, I see that as well and I am currently looking through them.
    [12:38:21 PM] DashTech soe: From what I have read on the forums the crashes are fairly common - they don't bother me as it's when I exit the game. The framerates though, it's making it unplayable at the moment.
    [12:39:17 PM] TSR Timothy A.: I don't know if you follow John Smedley's Twitter, but he did state there is going to be a shift in focus in regards to performance.
    [12:39:53 PM] DashTech soe: I don't, but I had heard that. Which is of course, very welcome, but normally performance isn't an issue for me, it's only since the last major update.
    [12:44:44 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Thank you for waiting. I see two issues from the data you provided that can cause issues. The first is that the crashes are due to a Windows system file [ KERNELBASE.dll ]. Unfortunately we can't troubleshoot this as we don't have the tools to directly troubleshoot the operating system. The second issue is due to the game's installation location being on a Raid setup. Unfortunately this is an unsupported environment and the game would need to be installed into a the default location.
    [12:47:38 PM] DashTech soe: Well.. kernelbase.dll is the Windows kernel. So yes, you can't do anything about that, but it's also the same kernel on all other Windows 8 PCs. The "reporting module" means that the fault was raised from the kernel - not caused by it.
    [12:47:49 PM] DashTech soe: I can also run PS2 from a static disk, it makes no difference.
    [12:48:30 PM] DashTech soe: Neither of those two points are contributory factors to the issue.
    [12:49:06 PM] DashTech soe: The kernel hasn't been changed since the last PS2 patch, but my performance has.
    [12:49:28 PM] DashTech soe: And neither has the RAID.. vis-a-vis these are not related.
    [12:49:57 PM] TSR Timothy A.: This would be an issue due to our level of support as we do not support raid setups with our games. While the game is installed onto your raid setup, we will not be able to troubleshoot the issue further as they were not designed with these in mind.
    [12:50:38 PM] DashTech soe: As I said, I can run the game off a fixed disc too. So if you would like to continue to troubleshoot then it won't be an issue.
    [12:52:54 PM] TSR Timothy A.: From the data you provided it is currently installed onto a Raid 0 setup. Because of this, we cannot assist in troubleshooting further until the game has been installed into the default location as we simply do not support those types of setups.
    [12:53:21 PM] DashTech soe: Yeah, ok I get you saying that, but I have just moved it to a non-raid disk.
    [12:53:23 PM] DashTech soe: The problem remains.
    [12:54:28 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Did you simply copy the game files to another disk?
    [12:54:55 PM] DashTech soe: Heavens no, I ran the installer into a new location and re-downloaded all the files.
    [12:55:00 PM] DashTech soe: I have a fast connection, what can I say.
    [12:57:51 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Alright, if that is the case, the only other suggestion I can make would be to roll back your video card drivers to the 314.22 versions as there have been issues with performance and crashing since the 320.18 versions that were released. We have been making this suggestion to players that have updated drivers but are experiencing issues.
    [12:58:11 PM] DashTech soe: bleh, ok, hold on
    [01:01:47 PM] DashTech soe: Right, rolled back, I'll try again
    [01:02:29 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Ok, let me know what happens, but more than likely you will need to reboot your computer.
    [01:02:44 PM] DashTech soe: I did already, I'm not chatting to you on the affected machine.
    [01:02:57 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Oh I see.
    [01:03:50 PM] DashTech soe: Issue remains
    [01:08:49 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Unfortunately I don't see anything we can address from the data you provided. At this time, you may want to try adjusting in game settings in regards to performance and see if that allows for a better experience. We have also exhausted our available options as we are not able to provide upper level support for free accounts. Again, Smedley has already stated the dev focus is shifting towards performance and other technical issues so this may be resolved through a patch and update.
    [01:10:47 PM] DashTech soe: I see. So paying for in-game items doesn't qualify you for support - still, you don't make the policies. Honestly, I'm aware that a lot of people are experiencing the issue - it seems rife, but no word from SOE. Even without a subscription, is there any way you can escalate this as an issue, even if you cannot help me directly?
    [01:11:07 PM] DashTech soe: (i.e. just because I don't have a sub, doesn't mean this issue isn't affecting a lot of people)
    [01:12:47 PM] TSR Timothy A.: Unfortunately, advanced technical support is only available for accounts that have premium memberships at this time. We certainly are able to provide initial troubleshooting support as I have done here, but we cannot provide anything beyond that. We do understand that other players are having issues and that is why Smedley is shifting development focus to address these issues.
    [01:13:16 PM] DashTech soe: Well thank you for your time even if you were unable to help. Have a good day/evening/whatever time it is there.
    [01:13:53 PM] TSR Timothy A.: You're welcome! I am sorry I was not able to do more in regards to this issue. Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment and have a great day as well!
    [01:13:59 PM] 'DashTech soe' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').
    • Up x 2
  15. XRIST0

I still haven't played since the hotfix , I refuse to . The development team are sure taking their sweet time to rectify this problem :rolleyes:
  16. Blackweb

I think they are hoping we will forget about the SLI fix and get used to playing on a single GPU.
  17. XRIST0

Well im not disabling crossfire , first of all because i shouldn't have to .. it was working perfectly before the hotfix

Secondly i get worse performance with it off .

This isn't the first time this has happened , they will rectify the issue but when who knows .

Its been a week now , still waiting .
  18. Diplocaulus

SOE tech support has me jumping through debug hoops now. They persuaded me to try NVIDIA's latest beta drivers (326.80), but no stutter fix there, and then I had to later uninstall them when the drivers became unstable system wide. As for Tech support, either SOE hasn't smartened them up regarding the issue and/or they've been instructed not to acknowledge it (yet). But then DashTech's transcript (above) says it all.
  19. Reloaded

Well I was finally able to get a response from a dev. See below. (I'd prefer not to give the devs SN or where the info came from, so the person doesn't get flooded with stuff, so you can choose to believe this or not; up to you.)

IMO, from the sounds of it, perhaps a fix will be released with the next GU (or a later one?), and not in it's own hotfix. *NOTE: Just my opinion.
    At the very least, they are aware of it.
    • Up x 1
  20. jihon83

I hope they are aware. I also received a reply from customer support today. They suggested I increase my RAM, which makes sense, but it doesn't seem to apply the problem at hand; to make sure Windows is updated, which it is; and to update my nVidia drivers to the version they already are. I was able to free up more RAM with a clean boot, have an updated OS and the most recent non-beta GPU drivers, but when it hasn't do anything.

I've logged onto the game twice to day, both times to get my passive certs. Earlier in the day, I just went to the VR training area to practice a little and the game ran fairly well, with a constant frame rate, even as I was switching out weapons, attachments, and even tweaking the "chrome". Yet, when I logged on just a little while ago, I opened the launcher to see "yet" another hotfix, this time it was 40 MB in size, downloaded. Again, the game was running alright in the VR training room, but when I logged onto Indar to try and fight, the illusion came crashing down. With a normal array of graphics options, between "High" and "Medium", I had a frame rate between 30-50 FPS, but the frame rate was dropping down to 0-3 FPS every few seconds and, worse, the lapses were lasting even longer than they were before.

I thought, "okay, maybe I can rectify this with disabling the HUD", but that didn't help. I was still finding my frame rate dropping at the same rate and for the same length. So I just logged off. According to PS2's frame rate counter, the bottleneck is tied to the GPU, so I'm not sure of why the CS was focused on the CPU side. I could disable SLI and see what happens, but I'm honestly burned out for the night. I hate it, as this game is actually moving closer to being unplayable day by day.