ACX-11

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DJPenguin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. kennonfodder

You didnt get my point :D

Just wrote in other words that they fill a niche for players tired of the mainstream stuff (Trac, HV-45, Gauss Rifle, Merc etc etc)

If you stick to the "normal" weapons, fine, but players with some experience in PS2 can use them in a competitve way, even on moving targets! Using ACX and Reaper is not a death sentence at all
  2. Phyr

I like it.
  3. ThreePi

High skill ceiling is a farce. High skill ceiling implies that the gun performs better as the player skill increases. But given the roughly equal TTK across all carbines there is no skill level where the ACX could potentially outperform other weapons.
    • Up x 4
  4. Pikachu

They could put 5 more bullets in the magazine.
  5. Jogido

It's a good gun, but not for everyone. With 20 rounds it's definitely harder close range but can be done....but people who like to charge the enemy may want to look elsewhere.

It's a great gun with comp, grip, HVA. Higher mag scopes tend to make the bounce more jarring, so I stick to 2x for easier mouse compensation.

try to engage at medium ranges esp fighting from high ground as a light assault can. On that note I would give my engie something else as I think the ac-x11 benefits more from the LA's mobility.
  6. Tekuila

There's no reason they shouldn't have 30 round mags.
  7. Flashtirade

That'd put its damage per mag above all of the other carbines, while 25 would put it in line with them. 20 puts it at the bottom.
  8. Aegie

I get the whole "variety" argument, it is just that there is no reason why we have to sacrifice competitiveness for variety.

Look below at another poster regarding "high skill cieling"- the issue is that this "high skill cieling" implies that there is a point where if you are skilled enough that the weapon will outperform other options but if you look at the TTK that is just BS.

If by "using them in a competitive way" you mean that they would do better with another weapon but will not get stomped with this one then yeah, I guess. If by "competitive" you mean that the player in question would do equally well with this as they would with another weapon then IMO you are mistaken.
    • Up x 1
  9. DJPenguin

^
    If anything this gun has a high skill floor. And just because it requires a higher degree of skill to use in no way makes it a preferred weapon for those who can handle it. It's very niche and to the point where it's (few) strengths are overshadowed by the negatives. Given how varying the terrain is and how randomly fights break out I would always want to carry a Merc over an ACX to be prepared for any scenario.
    • Up x 5
  10. Syphers

Save 1 bullet for the kill or 10 additional bullets? The choice is pretty obvious and it's a bad gun with low fps. Damage per mag is a ridiculous argument when we get hvy assaults running around with resist shields and 100 mag LMG with the same damage tier.
  11. Crayv

I mainly play TR and sometimes play VS and NC. This gun does need a slight buff. It either needs less damage drop off, higher bullet velocity, or more rounds per a magazine. Personally I would go with one of the first two as it would put it more in line as a long range carbine while giving a bigger mag would push it more into general purpose territory.
  12. OddChelsea

I use the Razor when I need a long range carbine, waaay better. You seriously can not go wrong with picking the Razor over the ACX-11. Better velocity, mag size, reload speed, easy recoil and faster ROF.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tekuila

How is that any different from the gauss saw?
    • Up x 1
  14. MrMurdok

I don't think I ever got killed by an ACX-11. Reapers and Razors, yes, but no ACXs.

Then again, they don't bring too many exotic guns to Ceres... :(
  15. Flashtirade

See, you're not supposed to point that out to anyone.
    The SAW is a balanced weapon.
    Now look the other way.
    Go.
    Bonus checks.
  16. Windreaper

AC-X11 is good if you insist on single shot sniping people with a carbine. Other than that, there are better options. Put about 500 certs into mine but rarely use it. Also, the gun is trash for LA because of the low ammo pool.
    • Up x 1
  17. TeknoBug

Increasing the magazine size to 25 would be a good start, I already use the Reaper DMR quite often but been using the Gauss S more since it performs well both close and med-long range.

The one thing I DO like about the DMR is the lack of horizontal recoil as it makes shooting moving targets at range significantly easier, the TR MCG did that before GU10 and I sniped a lot with the MCG but devs added annoying horizintal recoil to it.

The AC-X11... I dropped like a hot potato after GU4, there was a period in January where certain high damage/low rof weapon ssuffered serious accuracy deviation until devs fixed it and my overall accuracy with the AC-X11 was below 12% during that time- but even after the fix the gun wasn't worth using at all, if you're outside the max damage range you're doing close to 143 damage with 20 rounds in the magazine, that's like peeling wallpaper off a wall.
  18. y3ivan

funny that for a sniping carbine it has bullet velocity of 450m/s compared to T5 AMC that has 570m/s
    • Up x 1
  19. DashRendar

The ACX and Reaper were fantastic weapons once you grew to learn them, really my favorite in the game until GU08. With the attachment changes that came with GU08 they ruined the carbine and AR versions of the 200 damage tier weapons IMO, I never use them but for novelty anymore. The horizontal recoil is much more of an issue now, even when considering burst firing at something like 30-40m or so and HVA makes them unwieldy yet not equipping it feels like sniping with an SMG with softpoint. The GU08 changes made the 200dmg weapons work "best" at the ranges they used to work "worst" at. Anything else worth saying has been said.

Bottom line: I don't think worst in class accuracy stacked with unwieldy recoil is the "correct" way to balance a higher damage bullet.
  20. DashRendar

There was maybe 1 kill there where the gun was functional, the rest is an uncomfortable amount of reloading and your enemies not really firing back at you or even knowing you were there to begin with. Everything else is just making it seem like the gun is working against you more than anything. You could have done just as well with any other Carbine. And if you had the Razor.... end story.
    • Up x 2