ACX-11

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DJPenguin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Kit0

The AC-X11 is pretty decent actually... well in my experience. I made the "mistake" of buying it for SC instead of certs (damn them for not having a "are you sure?" button), so I created a new NC character on a different server.

I sat in one of the Amp Station outlier cap points and managed to go through all 140 rounds, killing 15 VS, at which point I had to switch to my pistol and ended up dead. Shortly after that I was accused by one of them of cheating... lol.
  2. phreec

It's better than the carbine but I'd say the Gauss Rifle still outperforms it at mid-long range. It has tighter grouping, much better velocity and just overall more versatile.

There's really nothing those two 200 damage guns shine at. They have terrible hip fire, RoF and magsize for CQC and terrible bullet velocity for being considered long range weapons and are affected far more by enemies wearing NW Armor than most other guns.
    • Up x 1
  3. JackOfClubs

Corvus/Pulsar C
    Mag: 30
    Max Damage: 167
    Damage per mag: 5010
    Maximum possible kills per mag: 5
    Nanoweave: 3.75

Reaper/AC-X11
    Mag: 20
    Max Damage: 200
    Damage per mag: 4000
    Maximum possible kills per mag: 4
    Nanoweave: 2.85

If 25 round magazines...

Damage per mag: 5000
    Maximum possible kills per mag: 5
    Nanoweave: 3.57

Not really invested in this argument, but it's still worth pointing out.
    • Up x 1
  4. W0rthy

And yet i linked a twitch video i recorded a couple of hours ago killing a full health guy with 7 bullets, and yes i was using HV. Otherwise cool story bro!

Yes they have slow bullet velocity, but they have HV, and they have a ****ton of damage which means the target goes down VERY fast. I can kill unshielded heavies with 5-6 bullets with reaper and that's without HV. Its ttk is REALLY really fast in actual combat.

Comments like that make it really difficult to discuss game balance and weapon tweaks to reach some kind of reasonable and meaningful conclusion, when you just come out of left field saying something blatantly and demonstrably false like you're trying to help make things fair for everybody. What's next gauss saw needs 30 bullets to kill at optimal conditions? reaper needs 15? Do share your gems of wisdom sir! Clearly we all needs 2x moar bullets.
  5. Goretzu

This is the problem.

At the ranges the "high" damage per shot weapons just don't function because of the high ranged drop off on carbines.

The means that the suppose range the AC-X11 "excels" you'll likely find that higher velocity and higher RoF weapons have lower TTKs (in practice and in theory) whilst still being better general guns.
  6. W0rthy

Yeah good point, however the corvus requires longer bursts hence perfect aim correction and tracking over longer duration to achieve this, and therefore practically has a slightly longer ttk per target than the reaper. So eventhough the reaper can't kill as many in the same mag, that one extra kill that is in the perifery of aim capability happens so few times that it's unnoticable.

The ability to land fewer bullets on the target in order to kill it is a huge factor when you look at extended bursts where in actual combat maybe 2-3 of your bullets will miss before you take the target down. That's why it has a slightly lower velocity as a tradeoff, but that's no biggie you just have to aim slightly in front of the target as you do with softpoint. It's basically the same as saying that softpoint sucks because it has lower bullet velocity.. Oh boy does it NOT suck!

BUT if you do want the same amount of possible kills, then reduce the damage of the reaper, increase mag size by 5. and you got yourself an NC corvus. As you point out in the end. But it won't be as enjoyable to play with as the reaper currently is though since they will be too close to being identical.

I think the reaper is great atm. that slightly lower ttk per target makes for some very entertaining moments where you just feel like a baws! And quite frankly same with acx-11.
  7. W0rthy

Really? i've taken out snipers with the reaper and acx plenty of times, the bullet drop that only comes in at very long ranges, is so low that the offset you need is nigh unnoticable with HV, and i don't even use HV on my reaper. When people start talking about bullet drop on TR and NC weapons i always end up chuckling a bit because in actual combat you almost never have to even vertically offset it, unless you're single shot sniping someone a mile away. Some people act like it starts dropping after 10 meters or something.
  8. Aegie

ACX-11 is garbage- it is only competitive (read: still underwhelming) at a very specific range and in very specific combat situations. Outside of the perfect range/situation the ACX-11 is iconic NC in that it everywhere you look there are drawbacks to the extra tier of damage.

Pros:

200 damage per round

Cons:

Low DPS
    Lowest ROF for automatics
    Largest COF for automatics
    Smallest magazine for automatics
    Slowest bullet velocity in class
    Highest recoil for automatics
    Large COF multipliers

Go NC.
  9. W0rthy

I like the biased version where you don't point out any of its strengths that the other things you mention are adjusted to balance out.

Could we have the unbiased version please? Like it having the highest damage of any carbine, resulting in extremely lethal short bursts?

Bringing up DPS on a weapon that is intended for precise high damage burst kills, but can do full auto to defend at closer range due to having low bullet rof/velocity to offset the high damage? Nice..

"Oh my weapon does insane damage but fires slow with a high recoil and high cof (hint, burst it, it's begging you man, it's on its knees begging you.. learn to use me correctly!), since it sucks at full auto that must mean that all weapons regardless of damage or other stats are better at everything if they have a lower cof.. ". :rolleyes:

Please understand this, acx-11, pulsar c, t5-amc, corvus, reaper, they are all high damage slow firing (burst fire) weapons WITH auto capability for short range defence.. and they have single shot to further be advantageous with regards to this.

The only parallel gun in the slow rof/high damage category that breaks from the norm to add a tidbit of diversity is the TR sabr13 the corvus/reaper equivalent, which unlike it's crossfaction brothers is born with burst fire or single shot. Where the others you have to manually do it. The sabr13 tradeoff is that it gets more accuracy in exchange for losing extended bursts freedom.

Stop using the acx-11 as a frigging smg! Stop wanting it to be an smg, we don't need more smg's. It doesn't want to be an smg.. it want's to be what it is! And it's good at what it does. :D
  10. ManualReplica

Don't have anything to say about the ACX-11 or thread, don't have a side or opinion about any of this, but I laughed so hard when your gameplay opened with the ACX-11 failing miserably.
    The video froze for me just as you flew back up again, so I didn't see the rest, but still. Bweheh.
  11. W0rthy

Yeah i hadn't played with it in a bit since i already auraxed it, I'm using carnage/reaper on the medic atm. So it started off a little shaky aswell as losing frames because of recording, i went on a fairly long killstreak though that lasts for the remainder of the 7 minute video iirc (15+). But you're right, it could've been better, but give me a break i recorded it some hours ago because of this thread. Didn't practice with it in advance to prepare for it or anything.
  12. GSZenith

meh had aura on it on my old char, atm working to get it on the new, still hate the weapon.

SoE
    Lets give a long range weapon.
    SoE guy 1: lets give it awful recoil, awful velocity, awful ammo, awful backup ammo, awful screen shake if a butterfly flies buy to fast.

SoE guy 2: sound awesome! lets do it!.

[IMG]
  13. Flashtirade

Let's see your twitch video.

0:10 - 0:19 = 35 rounds at a LA at close-to-mid range and didn't kill him
    0:43 - 0:45 = 13 rounds to kill an engineer at close-to-mid range
    1:05 - 1:07 = 7 rounds to kill a LA at close range (it is the same LA from before, so 42 total)
    1:17 - 1:21 = 20 rounds to kill a HA within 5 meters (also long reload shortly after)
    1:31 - 1:39 = 36 rounds to kill a HA at medium distance
    You luckily chance upon a random ammo pack to restore your almost-empty ammo pool.
    1:51 - 1:53 = 17 rounds, all of your shields, and a small bit of your health pool to kill an infiltrator using the Emperor at close range
    2:12 - 2:23 = 31 rounds to kill an engineer at close range
    3:09 - 3:19 = 30 rounds to kill an oblivious HA at close range
    3:35 - 3:49 = 16 rounds to kill an engineer at close range, there was enough time for his shields to start coming back before you finished him
    4:05 - 4:08 = 17 rounds, all shields, and some health to kill a heavy at close range
    4:30 - 4:34 = 15 rounds and 4 MAGSHOT rounds to kill an infiltrator at close range
    5:20 - 5:22 = 9 rounds to kill a cloaked infiltrator at close range
    5:24 - 5:39 = 9 single shots at medium distance, 7 at close range (for a total of 16) to kill an engineer
    6:11 - 6:12 = 10 rounds and all of your shields to kill an LA at close-to-mid range
    6:23 - 6:33 = 18 rounds and 7 MAGSHOT rounds to kill an infiltrator at close range
    At this point you run out of ammo for the ACX (3 rounds left), but I might as well.
    6:52 - 7:11 = 26 MAGSHOT rounds and knife to kill an engineer from close range
    7:32 - 7:41 = 15 MAGSHOT rounds and 1.5 your health pool and you still die to an LA at close range

It's also important to note that you're lone-wolfing an uncontested base filled with stragglers, of which none of those that fired back at you were not carrying any kind of close-range weapon.
    If this is supposed to be your shining example of why the ACX is good, then I suggest you go out and find better examples.

E: lots of editing to maintain consistent format
    • Up x 3
  14. Goretzu

I don't mean bullet drop, I mean damage drop off.

With Carbines it's pretty steep, so effectively you end up being better off (or at least no worse) at longer ranges using something like a Merc or Razor in TTK over an AC-X11, but those perform much better at medium and close range.

It needs buffing, although I'm not entirely sure how.
  15. ThreePi

The fundamental problem is that high damage, low ROF weapons perform worse as battles get larger. Larger fights means more lag which negatively effects low ROW weapons more than high ROF. Combined with small magazines means that you're spending too much time reloading and not shooting.

Its a bad gun in 99 out of 100 situations. With that one situation its good at being largely irrelevant.
  16. Aegie

I included the 200 damage per round among the pros- did you miss that?

Insane damage per round =/= insane damage output (you know, damage over time)

I am very aware that you must burst fire the ACX-11, how much time do you have with that weapon? Are you aware that burst fire further reduces DPS? So yeah, you can burst fire to stay more accurate, but now you're really doing crap damage over time. This, combined with the slowest bullet velocity in the class means that adjusting for lead/drop is that much more difficult (great quality for a supposedly long range suited weapon).

I'm not trying to use the ACX-11 as an SMG- even in relatively close quarters combat the hipfire values are garbage (read: the worst in the game for automatics).
  17. RHINO_Mk.II

You mean like every other carbine in the game is capable of? Not to mention TR weapons that mysteriously have 10 extra rounds per clip for no particular reason.
    • Up x 2
  18. kennonfodder

ACX and DMR are two of Planetsides´ most unique guns

Both have the highest skill ceiling among all fast firing infantry weapons imo (low velocity, low rate of fire, huge COF, large recoil, movement penalty, tiny mag, big time damage)
    And everybody can be very competitive with them, but there are weapons that are far easier to use and more versatile, looking at TRs arsenal, or take the NC defaults

Doesnt mean the two 200 DPS babies are trash, only that they need
    -extreme trigger discipline
    -recoil correction
    -the right distances
    -ADS all time

The crappy velocity can be compensated with HVA, the recoil is manageable, its only one directional (vertical) anyway. The huge COF is a problem though and the very long TTK in the usual combat scenarios result in many deaths within the range 1-20 meters

The perfect weapons for players looking for variety, gives a totally different feeling. Not so perfect for starters and players looking for the everyday guns that work in every situation

Edit: of course its not a tool for excessive killstreaks!

PS: I read often"kills per mag"...please stop arguing with that bs. On the regular, 98% of the playerbase kill how many guys with a single mag ? 3? 6? 10? The figure is rather close to one :oops:

PS2: "you need to land headshots" or "you need only a few hits"....so does the enemy?
  19. Aegie

So what are some stats then?

Also, needing to ADS is decent handicap considering that going ADS you loose 1) movement speed, 2) FOV, 3) an accurate crosshair, 3) the size of your COF, 4) the "shoot when this turns red" easymode BS.

All non-overlay scopes (all those except the HSNV and long range sniper rifle scopes) provide misleading aiming information when ADS so yeah trying to accurately track a moving target with all the drawbacks combined with the garbage ADS graphics makes these all the more frustrating to use.

ACX-11 excels at shooting people at around 40m who are oblivious to you and more or less standing still (or at least with 0 relative horizontal motion). Other than that you are better off with just about anything else.
  20. NeverWas

but but ... but i like the 200 damage D:
    • Up x 1