Mattherson (again)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarlboroMan-E, Aug 17, 2013.

1. MarlboroMan-E

Delightful biolab alert late Saturday evening on Mattherson. Well fought by all, much biolab farming was done.

Here's the problem. It was apparently VS crossdressing day, with all the sorry *** fourth faction nublets not playing their VS, and instead playing their NC. What happened? You guessed it, when I logged on about 2215 Central, the NC had about 38% world pop, and by the end of the alert, they had 41%. And the VS didn't own a single lab at the end of the thing.

What does this tell us? You gotta answer that question for yourself. Me? I think it means that (as everyone except the devs is more than willing to admit) 4th faction kills your game play. Single character per server wouldn't have solved this, as VS crossdressing was planned well in advance. Yes, yes, we all get it. The more characters a person has, the more station cash they spend. It makes sense. And it makes the game less good than it could be. Anybody can think of a solution?

BTW, devs, nice work getting a hotfix out on a Saturday to address the crashing introduced by Friday's hotfix. Impressive, really.
    • Up x 1
  2. Goodkat

Vanu ended the alert with no bio labs because we assaulted the over-popped NC and had a hell of a fight. TR ended with a few labs because most of you cowardly back-hacked our empty ones instead of manning up to fight NC.

Also, I love how not only is it Vanu's fault when Vanu is over-popped, but it is also Vanu's fault when NC is over-popped! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 6
  3. HEAT

Posts like these are why I even bother with the official forums. To funny please continue.
  4. VSDerp

it was fun battling goons and tax service again.
  5. ElSuerte Diego

I'm just upset that I missed the good fights because the hot fix totally broke my game.
    • Up x 1
  6. JKooL

The /yell chat tonight was beautiful.
  7. Goodkat

It wasn't even working at the end. Too much lag.
  8. miraza

I'm sad I missed it. I guess NC is the official 2nd best faction on mattherson right now behind the VS. TR need to do shape up.
  9. munglay

Alert lost, redeploy to forums! Dump certs into the "It's only fun when I win" tree, and specialize for whining. You know this thread wouldn't exist if people decided to "crossdress" as TR during the alert and helped them win. I wasn't aware people weren't allowed to play their alts, get a GM and ban people for being funhavers! Playing the same faction nonstop gets old.
    • Up x 2
  10. BaronVonVirtu

...I wear my freedom suit over my spandex because it's very loose fitting...
    • Up x 3
  11. goodzack

i missed cross faction play :eek:
  12. Sardaukar

This is an interesting topic because of the stir it's creating so that no one notices what it's carefully not saying: ZOE MAX not required for TR to get dunked on.

Also let's start getting outsider guesses on how many people were involved in tonight's fun.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ender

Strong Independent Black Women shall have their way with 200dmg weapons!
    • Up x 1
  14. BaronVonVirtu

Well, if we do the 903 inflated perception numbers, I'd guess there were about 240 of us?
  15. Haruk

They are pretty fun.
  16. munglay

We were all in Scythes too.
  17. Barrago

Better than another VS (Vanu Steamroll).
  18. Psykmoe

Or maybe seeing an actual effort at playing an alert prevented many NC from just going to play something else?
  19. Fox Reinhold

I was going to post something very similar, but you beat me to it. :(

Well, following your logic, I think we should nerf the ZOE Max, since it obviously (somehow) gave the NC the edge.

...either that or the Magrider...

...or just make the only weapon my faction has a knife...
  20. BFFB

There was also activity in orders
    Also actual encouragement and support in orders chat rather than it being confined to a 3rd party chat server...