would AR's on the HA fill factional gaps?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Van Dax, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Van Dax

TR's lmgs are pretty lame at range, NC's are just alright up close, (VS are pretty well rounded IMO)
    would opening up AR's span the gaps that these guys are missing? Sabr-13, carnage Br, TAR... tell me that wouldn't be awesome.
  2. LT_Latency

Heavies are good enough
  3. Shanther

HA + TAR + Resist Shield = :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    • Up x 1
  4. Apples

My TR heavy uses the TMG 50 and I don't have issues at range. Honestly I laughed a bit when I saw this, I'm not kidding.
  5. Van Dax

I was actually just sort of curious what people thought about it, not like a SOE DO THIS NAOW fer berlernces.
  6. SinerAthin

I'm surprised why Heavies don't have Assault Rifles in the first place.

It would give a heavy more to choose from rather than just LMGs and Shotties.

Imo, Light & Heavy Assaults should all have access to Assault Rifles.
  7. Hibiki54

I'm cool with the Anchor.

Now, how about Dual Gauss SAWs for my MAX? Yes, plz, k, thx.
  8. gigastar

Im cool with my SVA-88 and Ursa, absolutely no need for a HV-45 or a CME on my HA.
  9. Cinnamon

If they allow HA to use AR they should also make it so the shield is not so good but I think it would be better over all if they did this. This would be a big buff for TR I guess since their LMG are not the best.
  10. UNSCSpartan051

They should Buff LMGs and give the heavies ARs. So now you have to choose between grabbing an AR and a rocket Launcher or grabbing a buffed LMG and something in the tool slot, maybe a Grenade Launcher. So you have to choose between AV or AI.
  11. biterwylie

Heavies are good enough. I only play HA and Engineer as it is. Maybe give them to LA. That is one crap 'Assualt class'
  12. Phyr

Sure why not.
  13. Haruk

AR's have less bullets. Shielded or not, heavies are more likely to empty the mag while using them. Can't imagine getting 3+ kills with an AR without a reload. That's a pretty big sacrifice to use ARs.

I can dig it. It's a neat idea.
  14. Gheeta

TAR would have to be available for all factions.
  15. Sossen

This is a horrible idea. You may not think that ARs are especially good when in fact they are monstrous - there's a reason why it has been given to the class with no other advantage in straight up combat. The LMGs are worse in every way other than ammo. Which is a ridiculous and weak advantage seeing as how ARs reload so fast.
  16. Cinnamon

The other factions get a weapon that mirrors the TAR much better than the alternatives for the SVA-88. Same with the Jag. LMGs do have the largest balance issues really.
  17. Metallic123

Would be fun, but you would see a lot less medics. As far as TR having some of the weakest LMG's I feel that we make up for it with our AR (and over abundance of non healing medics) and carbines. Ten extra rounds help soooo much. One-two kills plus a short reload is pretty awesome.
  18. SinerAthin

I believe the point about ARs is that they are supposed to be more accurate at range than an LMG.

Essentially, you sacrifice bullet capacity for better accuracy.