[BUG] Sunderer spawning kills giving weapons lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBlindFreak, Jul 27, 2013.

1. TheBlindFreak

Just a bit ago I was playing engi and sunderer driver at Advari South Bank. I placed my sundy outside the teleporter room to the bio lab. Eventually, I got a weapons lock for hitting friendlies. I didn't hit anyone. I was mostly using my repair gun. It seems that when people spawn in odd places it attributes their deaths to me.

Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Yerk

Park your Sundy right and even on the ground. If your Sundy is tilted sideways or close to a wall, they could be crushed or squished while spawning and since it was your vehicle who caused it you'll get penalized for it.
  3. NotCodeak

keep your sundy on a leash
  4. TheBlindFreak

That's the thing, it was on flat ground and 3 or 4 meters from the door. It isn't my parking skills, I've seen plenty of people park it there just fine.
  5. gregfox89

They just like to slide around sometimes for no reason.
    The game thinks the sunderer is in the original spot you parked it, so you spawn "next" to it, which is actually underneath the sunderer's current position. You can tell that the game has trouble with vehicle positioning if you land an esf on a slope, the cloud of dust underneath it will stay in the same place, while your esf will drift many meters down the hill.

The worst way to die to a sunderer is when someone parks it right on the edge of a bride and you spawn in midair and fall to your death :(
    • Up x 1
  6. Tommyp2006

This happens all the time, considering how often sundys either rock, wiggle, slide, or rotate while deployed. Deploying a vehicle really should physically lock it in place, so it cannot slide or anything.
    • Up x 3
  7. Tachi

Well it's been almost 3 weeks since it happened to you guys and now it's happening to me. I gotta spawn with my crouch key to make sure my own Sundy doesn't kill me.
  8. Haruk

I would guess an unattended sundy that slides moves its own physical location, without shifting the spawn area. Then, the spawns in certain areas can spawn you side the sundy, thus causing a roadkill teamkill.

Perhaps, this only occurs if the sundy shifts and is unmanned. The spawn positions may update if someone is inside, maybe only if the driver's seat is occupied.

Undeploy, deploy again probably clears it up if nothing else.