EM1 doesn't seem that bad?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Travelman00, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Travelman00

Tried it with advanced laser and it does as good as mswr for me. Did I just get lucky?
    • Up x 1
  2. MilitiaMan

EM6 is the best LMG NC has imo.

Laser, comp, HVA, 3x scope.

Long range, or hip it will be awesome.

Sadly, I am trying to get Auraxium on GD-22s right now so I really miss my EM6....Though I pull it out when things get personal....

[IMG]
  3. Metallic123

More bullets is nice but it can't spit lead like the mswr can. Depends on your play style. Both are cqc-mid range weapons with MSW-R leaning closer to close and EM1 leaning towards the mid as respected strong points.
  4. Travelman00

Em1 seems better for cqb room fights and base fights..no? (Over em6..which I like btw)
    • Up x 2
  5. Travelman00

When it comes to HA the NC is pretty strong I think.
  6. Flashtirade

It's just not a great gun. It's got the same 143-damage profile as a lot of other guns, but it doesn't have the fire rate or accuracy to make it particularly useful when compared to other options. It's cross-faction counterparts are more controllable by default (Polaris) or through upgrades (Rhino) so they can be used mid-range to an extent, but the EM1 gets none of that. Double laser brings its hipfire to adequate levels, but it's no match for the other CQC LMGs it's competing with.

The only two things going for it IMO are that it's got a fast reload for its mag size and that it's a nice change of pace from other NC guns.
  7. Efraim

MSW-R is nothing more than a Carv with half the ammo
  8. Mxiter

Slow ROF/low DPS-high magazine CQC LMGs are generally weaker than high ROF/DPS ones.
    Just useful combined with concussive by larger magazine.

Hip-firing over 10-15m is also weaker than ADS with every weapons (but shotguns).
    What the EM1 does, the others LMGs (but maybe the gauss saw and its S version that are designed for longer ranges) does it better if the player can compensate the vertical recoil.
    Anchor and GD-22S have smaller base COFs and better DPS.
    EM6 have better DPS and much damages/magazines.

It's certainly easier to handle for people that don't like NC weapons style. But i think that NS-15M is better for those people by getting 0.75 ads move mult, better COFs, better recoil and being more versatile.
  9. Simferion

I personally like it and I'm using quite extensively now. I found it nice in CQB and when ADS is good too. But I think weapons are a matter of a mix of personal taste, playstyle and feeling.
    Don't choose a weapon basing your judgement on raw numbers and what other people tell you about it. Listen everyone but try it by yourself.
    • Up x 2
  10. LayZ

I like the EM6 but I'm not mssing it. With Alpha Squad I started with both the Gauss SAW and EM6. I just used the EM6 till I got the Auraxium medal on it. Started using the Gauss SAW and wondered why I didn't just use that one.
  11. Mxiter

The NC looks have slightly weaker close combat specialized LMGs than TR/VS (Anchor).

But have nice all rounders (EM6-GD-22s), mid to long range LMGs (Gass saw+S version), great CQC special AI (jackhammer) and Shotguns maxes for compensation.
  12. VanuSovereignty

And better reload and hipfire and attachments and recoil...
  13. Mxiter

You are right, the Carv is UP; the orion is better any days.
  14. NC_Edacyn

Getting my Auraxian on my GD-22 was the least fun in the game I've ever had. It contributed to the sharp decline in my K/D, that weapon is horrible, plain and simple.

But as for the best LMG, it's a toss up between EM6 and SAW. The SAW has a very high learning curve, the EM6 is easier and more versatile. But the SAW has godly stopping power, just that the low ROF is it's heel.

The EM6 and SAW both have very good muzzle velocities. Stick HVA in those, and you're good to go.

I alternate sometimes with silencer on the EM6 if I'm solo-ish trying to drop pod and clear out snipers.
  15. NC_Edacyn

Wanted to add that the EM1 is closer to the NS LMG than anything else. IT's like the NS with a larger clip size.

Definitely a great hip firing weapon, but the low dmg will catch you unless you land 90%+ headshots.
  16. Goretzu

JH is ok now, but Shotgun MAXs are deprivation.
  17. Purg

I thought so too after watching a video with Wrel using it. Gave it a shot and stuck an extended mag on it because it's controllable for an NC LMG without attachments and was doing quite well with it and racking up decent killstreaks.

Then I went head to head against another LMG user about 6 times in a row and lost all 6 comprehensively. For me it's a deceptively poor weapon. You can do well with it provided the bad guys aren't shooting back at you. Went back to my trusty EM6.
    • Up x 2
  18. Torok

The em1 is a good weapon for cqc with a laser sight and a suppressor, not much reliable but fun and viable, worth to be auraxied and the occasionally pulled again

@goretzu, save certs and get mattock slugs, shoot when standing on crouched, profit
  19. Haruk

Side grade. EM1 is a good side grade. Great for cqc, which might as well be called default combat.
  20. Simferion

And the iron sight is fantastic :D