PTS Hossin King of The Hill - August 17th 7pm PST

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by DrCiber, Aug 9, 2013.

1. DrCiber

EDIT: We canceled the event due to the server not being able to support the sort of numbers that would of made it worthwhile, will hold it again when Hossin goes live.

• Up x 1
  2. Grejoel

3. kaptinkrunch88

I'll let my guys know about this. We may be able to bring a squad to this. If nothing else I'll be there and jump in with anyone that needs a decent engineer or a pretty good Zephyr/Daulton gunner.
  4. LordMondando

Careful, you may not have been paying attention. But Miller and Woodman managed to crash it on sunday.

It lags to **** once you top 700 people on Hossin and make sure people skip the tutorial as it'll crash the server if enough people are in it at once.
    • Up x 1
  5. kaptinkrunch88

If it crashes we can have an alternate location to move to on Amerish. The non-latice system on that continent makes these events much more playable.
  6. LordMondando

The entire server went down for 30 minutes.
  7. Gary

Good Luck... Once the PTS server crashed no one bothered since it was not Hossin.
  8. kaptinkrunch88

What I mean is that we take our KOTH event to the Connery server if the test server crashes. We can call it plan B.
  9. Ganelon

We used plan B, but instead of Connery it was Woodman. It also ended in semi-failure, it was fun until the BR1 Millerites got bum-***** by higher BR players due to Miller's lack of AMS or any kind of alternate spawn option.

That said, the organisation working behind this KOTH event seems much smaller than that of the Clash of the EU servers.
  10. namelessss

If the test server lags too much for some reason, it will be moved to moss basin mineshaft on Amerish with the same rules
  11. namelessss

OK so do you know where the server is located? And also hot many ms lag did the 700 people have?
  12. LordMondando

Eastern U.S, last time someone did a traceroute analysis I believe it was in Virginia.

It doesn't have the same infrastructure as a regular server though.
  13. DrCiber

Edited original post.
  14. OdinsPride

is there a sign up sheet for this event so we can get a head count and communication information out to the participants?
  15. boldeagle3

after hearing about how badly the test server handled the EU servers event we sorta said '**** it, we can wait'