Sound of Violence (TR/EU)

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by RedCat, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedCat

Hah, yeah I had actually expected friendlies inside the base, our 2 squads pretty much got destroyed right away when we figured out there were only enemies (48+) :D
  2. MajorZbug

Props and stuff. Also bump.
  3. RedCat

4. RedCat

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Luzario

6. RedCat

• Up x 1
  7. RedCat

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. MajorZbug

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. Yoruno

I'll just leave this here for ya.
  10. RedCat

11. RedCat

Hi guys,

As you all have been aware of, we are having a lot of problems keeping SoV alive in PlanetSide 2.

This is not our fault.

We have been putting a tremendous amount of time into PlanetSide 2, so much time in fact that it has crept into our real lives. We've been spending so much time organizing things that we barely got to enjoy the game ourselves.

We do not have enough leaders to keep things running, and those who've been asked to become a leader did not realize the amount of work it really takes to maintain an outfit in PlanetSide 2.

The real issue in fact is that SOE has not given us any tools to make things easier for us, things such as outfit recruitment, outfit progression and outfit leaderboards and such have been put off for way too long, especially frustrating because outfits is what make this game.

Next to that there is a lot of other small issues playing into this, such as: optimization, lack of end game, no purpose to play, bad gunplay, bad vehicle play, voip not properly working and much more.

They recently announced they will be only working on optimization from now on, meaning any new content, outfit features or end game - basically anything at all will be on hold, and I'm suspecting it will be on hold for quite a while. While it's nice they are now going to focus on optimization I feel it's a little too late.

Being an small outfit and trying to grow is simply impossible (unless you have enough leaders), the retention rate in PlanetSide 2 is extremely low. For each 20 recruits, 2-3 end up staying in the outfit and become regulars, the rest will either apply and disappear to never be seen again or only stay within the outfit for 1-2 months (lack of content/purpose/outfits stuff/end game I mentioned before).

Don't get me wrong. While SOE has been doing a great job overall with updates, the community etc they have neglected a lot of other important things, to put things into perspective as to why I partially blame SOE:

- There is no reason at all for players to be in an outfit, there are no leaderboards or something similar where your outfit competes with other outfits for the top spot. The only reason players stay in outfits is cause outfits themselves host operations and missions which give players some purpose as to why they are playing.
    - There are no recruitment tools for outfits, we have to spend up to 16 hours a week on recruitment to maybe get 2 core members. If we had recruitment tools in-game this would make our lives so much more easier.
    - No end goal. Capturing territories is completely meaningless, the only reason you think they matter is cause outfit leaders tell you they matter.
    - Lack of outfit management tools, there is nothing I can do besides changing rank names, I can't even delete or add ranks. There is no no proper rank manager, event manager or member manager - I can not buy camos for everyone, there is no outfit bank or anything like that, there are no outfit symbols you can make and wear etc etc.

Next to that there is lots of other things such as the MLG distraction - I feel MLG is a huge waste of time; first of all the gunplay is simply not up to the triple A standard other games are and second of all how many outfits can really bring 48 players? Maybe 10 max?

These are just some points from the top of my head, there is absolutely no incentive at all to play and we are lacking the tools to grow our outfit.

I do not blame SOE for everything, but they definitely a part in us dieing: I do not want to stay a small outfit, this was never the goal of Sound of Violence. Our goal is to be platoon size, to control the map, to destroy the competition and to become the number 1 on the front line - but this is not going to happen unless they give us the tools.

While we could stay a small outfit and run perfectly fine within PS2 this was never the goal.

Therefor I am sad to announce that we will be shutting down the end of September unless our outfit members are willing to step up and still make this happen.

- RedCat
  12. DerMarlon

13. AquaKiller

Such a shame to see you go, I salute you SoV!
  14. Beastman

Well Redcat we've spoken before. If any of your guys need a new home then MIT will have them. Sorry to hear you've made that decision. Get anyone interested to fire me a message on steam or in game.
  15. RedCat

Only one SoV member has left so far, I'm expecting few to follow. If anything they'll join INI since we already lost 4 members to them.

I'm sure we'll meet in some other game!
  16. imperial

17. Luzario

Indeed a sad news, but if leadership is the problem and you are dedicated to become best of the best than maybe going into INI, DEIM, or MIT is really a good choice.... I know you guys can bring a lot of dedicated and well trained additions to them.... is gonna be even more a ***** to fight TR finest....
    • Up x 1
  18. MajorZbug

We speak french and are not looking good at the moment tbh. Little to no alternatives to constant zergfighting and the unstable client are killing member implication extremely quickly, and other, better games are around the corner.
  19. RedCat

It really is a huge problem. All our leaders including me have no interest in PS2 anymore, one of them still kinda does but he can't run everything on it's own. That is the main issue, but that together with a ton of other small issues it makes for a dead outfit. We've closed our doors to Planetside 2 on August 25.

A bunch of members had already joined INI before we closed, with another one joining when we closed our doors to PS2. And I'm recommending anyone else who leaves us to join them, though only 2 left when we closed. I'm glad SoV isn't all about PS2 else we would've really been dead!

These are just some of the issues. People laugh at me when I say I partially blame SOE, but it's the truth. While SOE did a great job with a lot of things they have completely neglected outfits which are what makes this game. If only there would be some sort of real competition between outfits or a real reason to capture territories we'd have a reason to stay and fight - and no I'm not going to wait around for MLG, and that is likely going to be a US thing anyway :(

Not to mention performance. I'm very happy they finally realized that they have to work full time on it, but for me personally it's too late with Battlefield 4, Rome 2, GTA5 etc coming out. Al though if they really do fix performance... hmm.

You'll have to entertain your members in another way, sadly doing races or similar in this game is pretty boring.
  20. Ulysees

Have you thought about pairing up with another outfit? I know you guys have worked closely with MoX in the past and while it's not as simple as an outfit merge as long as both parties where willing to use the same VOIP solution then I am sure both outfits would welcome the boost in members and the better opportunities this would give you in terms of target selections?

God forbid but if DL ever struggled for member count and their leadership was burnt out I'd be happy to accept them coming to play on our TS and as part of our platoons but they keep their own tags so the outfit lives on but the burden of leadership is shared across both communities.

Doesn't help with your growth issue but tbh I think as it stands we need to wait for SOE to put better tools in. One of the reasons I don't focus WASP around public platoons is because if we open up to let anyone join WASP squads why bother applying to join WASP as an outfit? Also the amount of work required to run a good public squad compared to an outfit squad is something that really quickly burns out your squad leaders unless they have exceptional patience levels.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.