Surviving drop pods

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Aug 14, 2013.

1. P4NJ

I see a lot of people angry about drop pods killing their gals and liberators, so I spent some time testing. Apparently if you keep your lib/gal tilted to the side by about 10 degrees it helps you survive these impacts. Tried it with my gal over a large battle, got tons of roadkills on the pods =P
    Also saved our lib a few times.

So hopefully this will work for you too. I know some of you know this already but it seems like a lot of people don't.
  2. Mugze

In before the trolls!
  3. MarioO

Really, people are bad enough to be hit by drop pods on a regular basis? All you have to do is to move at least a little bit and it becomes very hard for drop pods to hit the Liberator / Galaxy.
    The only Liberator I was able to take down was an allied one. I felt very bad for it :/
  4. ronjahn

If it didn't take 8 hours to upload a video to you tube, I would post the video of me and my four man squad rotating SL last night and in turn taking out 4 full Libs in a row.

It was very simple and funny that they were falling for it. The first kill was a desperation attempt that worked, so we kept doing it for the next half hour or so.

All I did was pull my vanguard, bait them in by taking pot shots, then i would back up and park the Vanguard on the staircase of one of the wall towers at an amp station.

The libs thinking they had us cornered just sat hovering above the tower, doing tiny bits of splash damage to the Vanguard. A few seconds later they were dead.

I personally think drop podding mechanics in general are broken and should be reworked, but this ended up being pretty fun and I'm sure pissed these pilots right off.
  5. TeknoBug

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
    [IMG]
  6. Oreo202

It is very, very possible to be hit by a drop pod even while moving at high speeds. They are dropped randomly above their designated area, and if you fly in that area, you have a decent chance of being hit.
  7. KAHR-Alpha

From my experience, to destroy a lib you need to hit them with a drop pod right above the second canopy. In any case, when I fly my lib I always circle at full speed around the target, never got killed by a drop pod since I started doing that.