The "mass driver" is a Gauss gun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by llPendragon, Aug 12, 2013.

1. llPendragon

• Up x 1
  2. Baconite

I don't think it's an official NC weapon trait, sorry. It's just that the other empires never before implemented gauss technology.
  3. llPendragon

NC14 Bolt Driver
    Gauss Rifle
    Gauss Rifle S
    Gauss Rifle Burst
    NC6 Gauss SAW
    Gauss SAW S
    Gauss Compact Burst
    Gauss Compact S
    etc
    etc

I believe the technology may be identified with NC. ;)
  4. KAHR-Alpha

5. HellasVagabond

Well a Rail Gun should be the NC trait (it fires Projectiles after all).
    The Mass Driver does the same ? Dunno how the devs have described it.
  6. deggy

A continuous-fire laser... or "plasma beam"... wouldn't be bad. Increases in damage over time against the same target, if you let it stay on you for more than about 1.5 seconds you start to feel serious pain.
  7. Messaiga

UMMMMM, CHARGE-UP MASS DRIVERS! :D
    TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    • Up x 1
  8. Loegi

So another faction needs to share for once? Cool.
  9. UberBonisseur

Don't worry, if you unlock it on your NC account, it'll be NC specific.

See what I mean ?
    • Up x 2
  10. Kodaa

That's an awesome idea! They could call it the "Void Ray!" :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  11. tastyBerryPunch

The NS-11a, NS-15m, Commissioner, Underboss and NS-7 PDW fire bullets, which are used by TR. So by your logic should these weapons only be available to TR?
  12. KAHR-Alpha

I've always hoped for true beam weapons to be implemented for VS, the Saron especially. This would make battlefields much more epic (and VS could have beam disco parties when they're bored).
  13. lilleAllan

A super lazy science division, I guess :)
    • Up x 2
  14. cd5696

Railguns and Coilguns (gauss guns) are both very similar, as they both fire slug projectiles using magnetism. the only difference is in the way they fire the projectile. Basically, gauss is more practical small scale (firearms, as there are), while railguns are much larger and more powerfull (possible future MBT or Lightning cannon?).
  15. KenDelta

The TR like basics : gunpowder and bullets.
    The VS like glowly plasma and lazors : Lazors n Plasma.
    The NC like to abuse their weapons n developed : Gauss tech.
  16. Hoki

Whatever it is it makes anti-armor 2/2 MBT feel completely inadequate.

That **** ******* melts armor so fast its difficult to imagine wtf they were thinking.
  17. MarioO

So... do you actually really care or is this some kind of troll? Just mentioning, but you know that this game's lore is small, it's close to being not even existent.

But, just to make everything clear: Gauss weapons, Railgunweapons are not the same. Both use magnetic and electric fields to work, but in a very different way. And a "Mass Driver" is again a different thing. YES! There are more than 3 ways to use magnetic and electric fields.

And by the way, if you look closely the NCs weapons even eject the catridges of their bullets. Or did they fix that?
  18. W0rthy

[IMG]
    • Up x 1