[Suggestion] Asking all MAX users.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

Just kind of curious here....

Would any of you MAX users give up one of your guns to get twice as much health?

And here are some numbers:
    Right now the MAX has -
    2000 health
    3000-3500 explosive health
    10000 non KA5 health
    16000 KA5 health

If the MAX went from 2000 to 4000 health it would have:
    20000 non KA5 health
    32000 KA5 Health
    I don't have the numbers for explosive, but how to view it would be: 1 more decimator rocket to kill you, a headshot from it wouldn't insta-kill you. a Default RL would take 4 shots and you could probably live through a block of C4. Though I don't know how much C4 does.

If any of you would like to correct me on any of this info or add anything. Let me know.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Answer: No
  3. Dreadnaught Wrex

Do you mind explaining why?
  4. Thagyr

Being able to only use one weapon on an NC MAX would be a death sentence with their magazine size and reload speed.
    • Up x 3
  5. Takoita

Any of the guns available on my MAX are ****** enough when double-wielded. I don't wanna go to the dark age of the default loadout again.

I am of the opinion that MAX weaponry could use a total rehaul - without touching hp/resistance values at first.
    • Up x 1
  6. Cryptek

Answer: Yes

Reason: Being able to not only survive several blocks of c4 but also the prospect of having twice the soak against bullets, worth losing a gun. In fact it would be OP in my opinion because it would excel you at your main function: Being a sponge for your squishy comrades who have better guns than you anyway.
  7. A 59 c

Sorry Dreadnaught Wrex, not keen on this idea at all.

:eek: Sounds like you want to turn our beloved, noble MAX into...into... [gasps of air] ... a toothless bullet sponge!

One of the most fun and thrilling aspects of the game for me is the dual wielding of the MAX.
    Grinders/Onslaughts/Nebulas - whatever your poison - you have two of these babies and you are a bad a55!
    Your enemies fear you - they flee in terror or are crushed under a tsunami of lead!
    Team mates revere you - they bask behind the streams of death spewing from your arms, safe in the knowledge your fire power will protect them.

No, leave this aspect of the game how it is please

TLDR, dual wielding aspect of the MAX is exciting! Let us not water this down
    • Up x 1
  8. Cryptek

I doubt he meant it as a mandatory change, but rather an option. Considering SOE is only earning money on the MAX due to it dual wielding, I doubt they'd remove that aspect of the MAX ;)
  9. A 59 c

Indeed, I thought he meant it as an option too but I would still not be keen on this, Cryptek.
    I am all for adding options to the game, to give it more depth, to keep us all interested - but not this one.
  10. Purg

On my TR/VS MAX, I'd certainly consider it as an option in limited areas.

On my NC MAX, absolutely zero chance. Not much point tanking damage if you can't kill anything, either.
  11. Van Dax

no, only because I need two claws for a lobster, if they put the concept art gun on then yes.

(yes I made my decision based on style. I'm a vanu, its how we roll)
  12. Ganjis

If we could ADS with that single weapon.... Maybe, sometimes, although NC would be screwed.
  13. Messaiga

I don't think I could bear to do that as an NC Max mainly because our ability already tries to do this, and with only 1 shotgun we would be so screwed.
  14. Cryptek

I have to agree on this.. Perhaps the only way to balance such an ability, is to in fact link it to a weapon rather than the suit? Having a two-handed NS rifle that was about as effective as lets say, one blueshift. But then added the extra health. Maybe having ADS?

I personally still think this ability of having double health for half the fire power is OP, but maybe I'm the only one seeing the potential of a wall of super beefed up, shooting MAXes walking up stairs, laughing at your bullets and C4.
  15. Spookydodger

If they made the 2nd arm "weapon" a regular NS shield generator that doubled the MAX's hitpoints with a shield like infantry have, at the expense of that arm not carrying a weapon, they could.
  16. basilbroketail

Its an interesting way of looking at it since PS1 Maxes only had one weapon , but they were FAR more tankier then their PS2 counterparts.

Granted PS1 maxes had to deal with decimators , but they were literally 100% invunerable to bullets unless you were packing AP rounds ( which means your doing 50% dmg to regular infantry , a huge drawback ) . I'd rather deal with classes using decimators , at least those are somewhat dodgeable . Bullets are *not* dodgeable . Although Decimators in PS1 had a huge drawback too , you barely did any real infantry damage lobbing those as compared to the dumbfired launchers here in PS2 which 1 KO infantry .

Wrex, unfortunately doubling the amount of HP isn't going to prevent a 1 shot KO from C4 ( Maxed out flak , with c4 at your feet your taking abit over 50% dmg from that one hit ) . You'll need to increase HP by a factor of by 2.3x to 3x even . Even then a single lone light assault can still rush you with a C4 + auto shotty combo and take you down . This doesn't protect the max from the prox + tank mine combo that's right around the corner ( Frequent on the Miller server around the gen areas ) . But at least that can be somewhat negated by sending in cannon fodder.

Anyhow, I don't think this option will be used by many Max users unless its a Max crash. Reason being is that your doubling your TTK and in this game doubling the TTK of ANY weapon will make that weapon/ class extremely weak . Damage rules in this game along with speed. That's why ESF's / harassers have the highest SPM / Kills per hour in the open battlefield versus their Liberator / MBT counterparts ( in general, not talking about extremely skilled MBT / liberator crews) .

If this were an option then SOE would have to tighten the COF ( your not Dual Weilding anymore should be more accurate ) , lower the recoil , lower the COF reset along with increasing the max's HP by 2.3 - 3x (outside of instaglib territory for non flak maxes against C4 ) to make this worth it .

As a TR max this would help abit since if you get ext mags on the mutliator , your packing 150 bullets. That's more then what most players will have as a HA . Granted the TTK would be extremely long ( would rival the PS1 TTK ) . 150 bullets is more then enough to handle multiple infantry players.

As a VS max ? Toss in ZOE + max flak armor and not get instaglibbed by decimators OR C4 ? Granted they won't kill as fast as dual max AI weapons , althought this might benefit them the most. Most of their guns ( save the blueshift ) have a decent amount of ammo so cutting the ammo count and doubling the TTK wouldn't hurt them too badly either . Should be able to take on a bunch of infantry players as well.

As a NC max ? Would be a huge nerf / won't gain anything much if any at all . Only reason why people would even pull NC maxes would be to instaglib non-nanoweave soldiers. If that specific max can't do that then why even pull a NC max ? Range is a huge issue for the NC max as well as ammo count. Even with Ext mags , Grinders only have 12 bullets . They'll have to do some rebalancing for the NC max in order to make this viable .

Its an interesting proposition it'll also give rise to different gameplay options for Maxes which is good , there are some balance issues but I'm fine if this were an option and NOT forced on max users .
  17. Vortok

Accept health increase.

Activate ZOE to move faster.

MAX punch all the things.
    • Up x 1
  18. Posse

No way, too little damage output with only 1 weapon.
  19. Calisai

Umm.. I don't think it would as enjoyable to just be a tank. Maybe as an option... equip a shield arm or something similar to the NX special ability for those breach moments... but as a permanent thing... Naw.

Yea, VS Max would no longer be a lobster, but a crab that that point.

[IMG]
  20. DeadliestMoon

Off-Topic: Do you actually have the most kills with the Orion out of everyone who plays this game?
    Oh and no, MAXes are useless with only one weapon.