Mass Driver weapon switch Script command ?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Aug 8, 2013.

1. TheMonkey

Honestly don't think that using a script would be much worse than doing it manually. You have more than .5 seconds or so on your nosegun reload, during which you will be improving your DPS by using the MD. As stated before you will have better aim doing it manually anyhow, with the possible exception of Hailstorm Turbo users, due to similarly high velocity.
  2. UberBonisseur

The issue is that if you swap too fast, the mass driver reload does not initiate.
    You need to wait like 0.2 seconds before swapping.

Also, using the 1-2 keys can be a pain when handling the aircraft.
    It gets better with a mouse button though.

Either way, if you find a hovering ESF, you kill it before he can even react.
  3. Aesir

So ... I spent 5 minutes in VR and my G500 settings menu and 2 minutes editing ...

This is the result ...

Macro setup
    [IMG]

Personally, I think this needs to be fixed, there needs to be a delay for swapping weapons or they no longer reload if not selected ...
    • Up x 1
  4. shadowkhat

they have stated multiple times using a macro program is against TOS and is a bannable offense. so go ahead i''ll be happy to report ya :)
  5. shadowkhat

the macro users are the same ones that abused the ADAD macro's to become practically invincible, they can't play the game normally they have to use any type of exploit they can find. i hope they get banned i want to laugh when i see their "i was banned for no reason" posts. i get a kick out of seeing those losers cry in tech support.
  6. Aesir

I showed what the macro can do ... I'm against that it is possible to do this ... but the fact that you just need to spend 5 minutes or less with your gaming mouse/keyboard/pad software to get it working means it's so accessible that there needs to be something to counter this!
  7. shadowkhat

those same mouse/keyboard software packages are getting people banned left and right so keep right on using them. those are the 3rd party software items people keep getting banned for. and i LMAO every time i see a why was i banned post
  8. Aesir

I'm not using it myself on the live servers, I'm only pointing out that this is an issue that needs to be addressed. I'm not even a Pilot, I'm mainly driving Tanks ...
  9. UberBonisseur

Thanks.

My point exactly, 2 seconds ESF TTK.
  10. Aesir

The point is, it's not even hard to set up, and probably very hard to detect, which is why I think we need a fix here ...
  11. SpaceKing

A fully upgraded clip on the Hailstorm will kill an ESF in 2.15 seconds.
  12. Pixelshader

This really bugs me, it never used to be like this. It was a side effect of the patch fixing the rocket pod burst fire exploit I'm pretty sure, where you could fire multiple rockets instantly by switching to the rocket pods while holding down the fire button. I still mess up sometimes and swap back to rockets only to find they haven't been reloading.
  13. Pixelshader

The ttk reduction vs an esf is large, going from the actual numbers. It takes the hailstorm 35 bullets to kill an esf, which takes 34 refire delays of 0.07sec each, or 2.38 sec to fire off. Shooting an esf with 24 hailstorm bullets then one mass driver shot sets it on fire, 25 bullets + mass driver kills it. So the mass driver is worth ~10 hailstorm bullets. It takes 1.68sec to fire the 25 hailstorm bullets.

So the ttk goes from 2.38 down to 1.68, assuming you fire the mass driver and instantly swap to rotary. Maybe adding .2sec to make sure the mass driver reloads, it would just be 2.38 down to 1.88 instead. Adding .4sec because you hit the button a bit slow.. 2.38 down to 2.08. ttk difference gets pretty small in that case I guess.

Against bigger vehicles I think its clear mixing the mass drivers with rotary gives you an absolute ttk of something slower than rocket pods, but quite a bit faster than just rotary by itself. I think the main strength will come from the easy use at long range so I didn't work out any exact numbers. It will probably get whined about on the forums forever after. I can see all the tank drivers complaining about dying to esf sitting at render range with mass drivers already. Harasser drivers in particular actually, the mass driver really smashes harassers for some reason.

Playing around with the mass driver strongly reminded me of using the weapon swap rocket pod exploit. I was sad when they patched it out completely because I thought having to swap the weapons in a rotation to get the maximum damage was a fun mechanic and I wanted them to find some way to keep it. The mass drivers put that kind of play back into the game, so I think they're great. If they are to be nerfed it should be through their actual damage, not the fun weapon swap rotations.
  14. CertifiedPi3142

I personally don't think that this is a problem since the cannon and mass driver have different bullet speeds. When someone changes to the mass driver, they have to realign, which I think would negate any advantage of instant switching. This cannot really be seen in vr since all targets stand still
  15. Medlen

i think it would be useful if an SOE employee could just pop in and tell us if you can get banned for this.
  16. OddChelsea

If you can't, you should. But honestly I think you would get banned if they found out you were doing it. (Just using you in general here, I don't mean you specifically)
  17. Tar

if something improved your reaction times, it would certainly not be a macro. Macro = just a preprogrammed sequence of actions. Reaction time is still yours as its you activating the macro. It's more about precision of timing.
  18. Goretzu

That's certainly a quick switch. :eek:
  19. Cromell

Or you can, like, use the mouse wheel to switch weapons? Try it, it's not hard.
  20. Cswic

Are people really trying to defend this? Lol.

You are having a program perform multiple actions for you with 1 button press. Why does anyone think that is remotely okay?

As for the "it's not a big deal because it's easy to switch to weapons anyway" argument...well if it's so easy then obviously you don't need a macro key for it.