What grenade type do you favor on your infiltrator?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Travelman00, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Travelman00

I use basic grenade. I heard the other 2 suck. :cool:
  2. Gurra

decoy grenades i guess are usefull in very small battles (altho i have never tried) but in bigger fights completly useless.

Emp on the other hand can actually be quite usefull if you have a room with alot of ppl in combined with flashbang / Concusive can have a pretty good effect on standard infantry altho maxes wont get any major drawback and will just be very angry instead.

No shields no hud and blurry screen is quite confusing hence why i usaly go with emp grenades altho frags are still not that terrible but its quite "MEH".
  3. TheRighteous

EMP all the way! Its brilliant. It is literally like getting free kills. They have no HUD and noone knows what to do. Brilliant! Standard grenades are also good dont get me wrong. I think decoy are kinda broken...
  4. Ravenorth

I often run with maxed out grenade bandolier and EMP grenades, even tought they really need a buff after SOE nerfed them... fingers crossed for the upcoming Infiltrator update.

However its still always guaranteed 50% faster ttk when you manage to get your target on the area of effect, which is pretty large. I cant even count how many times those grenades have saved my a$$ even against multiple enemies by allowing me to escape when being spotted. Sometimes few carefully tossed emp grenades can help you to clear a room full of enemies(3-6), the distortion effect makes you a bit harder to see while cloaked and while their shields are down you can slaughter them all with right positioning.
  5. Ravenorth

Are we using the same nades? EMP grenades no longer remove the hud, because SOE nerfed them some patches ago, the distortion effect also got toned down.

They´re a lot less useful than they were before, but still usable.
  6. Gurra

well................. **** i did not know that but hey as you said they are still viable.
  7. TheRighteous

So I've been thinking they've been doing that the whole time o_O? Oh dear. Am I correct in assuming that the EMP still removes shield? Maybe thats why i've been killing so many people?
  8. Ravenorth

Yes they do that, the only reason why they are worth to be used.