SAY NO TO THE REVERSE NERF!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by planitsider, Aug 6, 2013.

1. planitsider

Finely some pilots joining the conversation.
    If Higbi thinks reverse move makes the game stale he is so wrong.
    There are so much air games that are good.
    The reverse is what makes the game a lot apart from all other air games.
    Saying that its to hard to lock on while reversing is so funny.
    If you cant do that i don't know whit what weapon you will kill someone.
    I don't think the so called lock on Nerf will be such a big Nerf.
    It will lock on faster close and be harder at a distance.
    So air has to come in close for infantry to render so air will get lock t faster for you.
    And when air is fighting high air to air they don't have to worry that much.
    Seems fair to me to be honest.
  2. Zurilia

I live in the air... My PSU stats and the stats on this website show that. But, I completely and whole-heartedly welcome the reverse maneuver nerf.

Spinning in circles, flips, and facing each other the entire time is what makes Vtol combat horrendous.

Does it feel good to be an "expert"at it and dominate anyone you come against? Sure... But, it's also ridiculously frustrating and when you are trying to kill an individual if he gets a buddy in the fight it's over. Which 9/10 most air to air fights in this game involve more than one contestant where you usually end up dying and not getting a kill due to the stupidity of reverse maneuvering.

Also the reverse maneuver works best with the Reaver; which is why most of the individuals pleading to keep reverse maneuver are NC pilots.

Just saying....
    • Up x 1
  3. Oreo202

The reverse maneuver is also the only way of surviving multiple enemies, unless you have Racer 3 and a lot of afterburner fuel.

Reducing the effectiveness to the point where it is to slow to actually allow you to dodge shots makes it useless, and turns the entirety of flight into spinning in circles.
  4. planitsider

I think if that the reverse makes that if your good you can still win a fight if someone sees you first.
    without reverse move you cant turn around without getting instant killed.
    Is that making the game more interesting??
  5. PS2Freak

How Nice to see, all people here with 3-7 K/D... ESF farmers.

I think your attitude is horrible. what i read here in thread is so disrespectful and biased. (read Seaker Drone post).... Sure you all can agree between yourself, only esf flying most of time.... but its game made not for your pleasure only. Its made for pleasure of all.

I think RM is not enough nerf for Esf. There will be and must be further changes to ESF FARMING problem..

You all against any changes, because you afraid to not make 2000certs per day like daddy, by farming ground, in same time bulling against any counter Air there is.

Max was changed , Lock on will be changed

Dont you think You ALREADY GOT AA NERFS which lead to ITS TIME to adjust ESF a little too ?

its all in balance, believe me nobody like Max AA change too. but its there.

so will it be with esf too.

you cant do nothing.

its GIVE and TAKE.

CHANGE GONNA COME, ESF. Adapt as big boys do and Relax.
  6. Medlen

The farming problem you are talking about is completely irrelevant, this change doesn't affect the Air to ground aspect of the game at all. In fact this change is going to be felt most by people who primarily play in an air to air role. AA max may have been changed but the skyguard received at large buff at the exact same time. Lock on change has not happened yet and no one knows how exactly this will affect the air game.

Aircraft have been at the wrong end of the nerf stick since the game was released and this change wont stop bad pilots from being killed. In-fact since this change lowers the skill ceiling all it will do is stop the lower tier of pilots from EVER being able to stand a chance because they wont even have the opportunity to learn. What you are describing is not only irrelevant but idiotic. there are only 3 situations in which air should be able to "farm" you.

1. You are massively outnumbered on the ground and are being forced to cluster up allowing precision attacks
    2. You are not reacting to situation or have extremely small numbers. a single ESF cannot farm more than 2 people if both of them are actively trying to kill it, 2 AA max units can kill an ESF in under 3 seconds.
    3. The enemy faction has a MASSIVE number of aircraft in the air. I'm talking 15+

The only reason you are getting farmed by aircraft is because you aren't trying to fend them off. If an ESF is in the air and another ESF opens fire it has to either run away or turn and fight. If you just ignore the problem you are going to die, period. Its exactly the same on the ground, you cant just expect someone else to destroy the aircraft. react to the situation.

The only reason you get farmed is because you haven't learned to play.
    • Up x 3
  7. Emotitron

1. 3-7 KD is for panzies. Real farmers have 10+ K/D ratios.
    2. Nerfing the reverse maneuver will have no affect on farming. Just because ace pilots hate a change, DOES NOT mean it will be a boon for lesser pilots. Ace pilots are still going to wreck new pilots... brutally.
    3. People get farmed because they haven't figured out how the game works yet. Ignore tanks, maxes and aircraft at your own risk.
    • Up x 1
  8. Emotitron

This sadly is fine with all of the non-pilots weighing in. I'm not sure they understand that this game has almost no effective gravity, friction or lift coefficients. No management of speed and altitude is required like in real air sims. Once you take away the ability to after-burn vertically it turns this into air tanks with no reverse gear. For anyone who has played the old X-wing and Tie Fighter games, those would be closest to resulting flight model. Anyone wishing for that just hasn't explored the flight game enough yet to realize why the ability to after-burn in hover is important in this game.
    • Up x 1
  9. PS2Freak

1)What are actually your way/strategy of getting so big K/D ?

2)Do you use RM often to dodge/escape the trouble situation?

maybe they retweaking RM because Lockons were unable to "track" RM esf, you know this fast zigzag flying.

we wil see it - then we can talk again. wait a little
  10. planitsider

1.You already know for a fact that all pilots are farmers so i don't think you believe me.
    But for me its flying in a air outfit [MACW].
    Using team work and air tactics.
    We mainly focus on AA.
    And if you had taken the time to look it up instead of right away accusing me to be a farmer.
    You can see the amount of vehicle kills i have.
    2. i use RM mainly if i got a bogy on my 6.
    If i attack ground i fly verry low and fast to counter flag and lock.
    Or verry high to stay out of range do diving runs at mostly tanks.
    BTW if you cant hit a ESF doing RM your better of playing somting else.
    • Up x 1
  11. Herby20

You have less than 100 hours in a Mosquito, and almost 3,000 of your near 6,000 kills in said Mosquito come from rocketpods. I take it you spend most of your time in a Mossy farming ground troops?
  12. Oreo202

Lockons can track anything. Long gone are the days when lockons could be shaken off by a swift turn of your ESF.
    • Up x 1
  13. PS2Freak

i spoke about retweaked lockon what will come. not what was/is.
  14. Emotitron

I am just super cautious about over-extending and when I find infantry being stupid I will farm them senseless. I generally look for pilots who are over-extended themselves or in bad position. I also will shoot at anything regardless of the range to get assist points (which is my my accuracy numbers look so crappy). I also am not afraid to ditch an aircraft if I overextend and find myself in a losing position and redeploy. Many of the serious dogfighters will fight to the brutal end even if they are in a bad spot - I'm not one of them and get way more joy out of being nearly impossible to kill.

I don't use the RM as often as most, since I find it to be a less effective way to reverse on people than getting down behind something and turning with cover protecting you. I will occasionally go into a full reverse if I turn around I find someone charging right at me and it turns into a nose to nose fight with me flying backwards and them flying forward. This can be an advantageous position to be in as they are flying into your stream of bullets where as you are flying out of theirs.

Anyone who is flying so crazy with the RM that you can't get a lock on them... means they are flying so crazy that there is no way they are landing a high percentage of shots on you. It goes both ways. Just reload while they blow their afterburner juice (and be a little squirrely yourself while keeping nose on them). Afterburners run out pretty quickly. I have found for me a better use of them in a hover fight is to only use them when I am reloading or if I feel my opponent has a better lead on me than I do on them and I want to reset the fight. Like I have said though, I am not the best hover-dogfighter so I am not the best one to ask for advice. I've always run low settings and still have never put the kind of time in learning to lead well in hover fights.
  15. planitsider

16. SNAFUS

You are absolutely incorrect as the reverse maneuver is incredibly viable on all three ESF. And by them forcing players to use fuel pods to be competitive in the air will create the same scenario that they are trying to stop now. You will be absolutely dominated by any Ace that utilizes his vertical thrust tree. As none of the new weapons coming out will do any good if you can't keep a bead on the enemy ESF.
  17. Excidium

Higby must blow chunks at Q3A. That game is all about mobility due to rocket jumps, wall hugging, and bunny hopping. The more fluid you can move throughout a map, the harder you are to hit, the better the zone control you have, and with aim you become a god. Rocketjumps are to quake what RM is to PS2 Air 2 Air.
  18. swiftmiester

If they do nerf this **** all the aces will just use AB pods like alot already do and just **** everyone even harder as snafu said.... I see even more whining in the future from all the people who just use rocket pods or lockons and cant reverse meanuver at all...as well as all the people who actually liked the depth the reverse meanuver adds to the air game.

Personally as someone with alot of flight time this is going to mess things up including the a2g balance .

The only plus i c is that it will b even easier to swat people out of the sky with a dalton lib:)

And at the guy who thinks a reverse nerf will make it easier in 2v1 battles ...pass whatever ur smoking lol the only way to win a 2+v1 battle is with proper menuvering so lolz.. And honestly with proper leading its not super hard to land shots on someone performing the moves.

And as someone who plays all 3 ffactions it is not hard to do the move in any esf, just more effective in the reaver, as it should b
  19. atyemail

SUPPORT SUPPORT!
    DON TAKE AWAY OUR REVERSE MANEUVER!
  20. Sethes

Whats wrong with dev's trying to make everything within arms reach from the word go. This leaves us nothing to aspire too and it makes any game flat and boring after a few hours.
    Player skill is not a balancing issue so stop trying to fix it. If one faction was underperforming cause of this something had to be done but I dont think thats the case.