Why SOE doesnt react when you ask them not to nerf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TomDRV, Aug 8, 2013.

1. TomDRV

They Nerf air so they no longer ruin infantry = pilots start complaining because they can no longer cert farm infantry.

They nerf striker (AA) so they no longer ruin air = infantry start complaining because they can no longer cert farm air.

When ever they nerf something the users complain and the victims rejoice. there is no way around this. This is why SOE dont bother.

P.S the striker isnt even OP. even if ALLL rockets hit, it only does a little more damage than a single round from a dumbfire.

Infantry dont like air because they just hover and spam rockets, so take away air, VTOL cabability and give them a massive weapon buff, this gives bservant infantry time to dash into cover before the vhole area is blow up by rocket strafing.

you dont straight nerf things, you change how they work

and yes, you are now ALL going to disagree with this. because... something on here hurts your cert gain.
    • Up x 1
  2. St0mpy

because they know better what we want than we do
    • Up x 1
  3. Pax Empyrean

Maybe if it were also a dumbfire launcher instead of universal lock-on, this would be a valid comparison. You're wrong, anyway; the default launcher does 1700 damage, while the Striker does 2500. So, about half again as much.
    • Up x 5
  4. TomDRV

ok lets see thats what, 3 hits?
  5. yama

Infantry pissing off a2a-pilots is a very wise thing to do. Not like we clear the skies for you or anything...

Hey, how about the best pilots in the game all equip lolpods starting with the nerf.
    You have no idea what you are in for.

Happy now?
    Didn't think so.
    • Up x 2
  6. St0mpy

and the decimator? 2000, so only 500 more assuming all the salvo hits
  7. Pax Empyrean

Right, so the guided missile launcher outdamages the special crappy-velocity dumbfire launcher by 25%.

If there were a 25% DPS difference between each faction's SMGs the rioting wouldn't end until SOE headquarters was a sea of fire and Higby had his head on a pike somewhere.
  8. NeverWas

annihilator does 33% total armor from ESF

striker full volley does 75% total armor from ESF

and you call that minimal increase ?

not sure if maths passes.
    • Up x 2
  9. Wezdor

Striker is OP. Stop trying to defend it.
    • Up x 2
  10. PhilDun

The devs don't react because everytime a dev comes on here and says something, people take it to be holy unchangeable gospel.
  11. Pikachu

Even if striker isn't overpowered the amount of annoyance it causes is worth giving it a dramatic change. I bet being a victim of striker is as annoying as being a victim of phoenix was at release. Attacking vanu when using tank isn't nearly as annoying a attacking terrans. Vanu on has their hades or whatever it's called which feels like a fair weapon. (too few use lancer tell if it's too good)
  12. McToast

Moin
    Or maybe I disagree because I think you simply don't know what you're talking about. I play infantry a lot - I have more infantry played time and kills than you (not that I think it would matter) - and I think this change won't do anything for the A2G gameplay. However, it will affect A2A by a great deal. Since you don't fly I honestly don't care about your A2A opinion.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  13. Pax Empyrean

If the launcher didn't lock on and fire all five missiles in less than five seconds, maybe you could complain about how many individual hits it takes.
  14. KenDelta

Everyone QQs , SOE cba to bother with everyone QQing.
  15. EvilPhd

Dev team wants to create the ultimate MLG "balanced" and "skilled" environment.
    :eek:SLAPPERS ONLY:eek:
  16. ent|ty

I'm all for developers to stop listening to what gamers want because they can't please everyone.

They should develop a game, beta test it, make revisions, then release it... and then leave it the **** alone.
  17. DashRendar

This. The games easiest to use weapon should not also be its most effective. Take your cues from a game like Quake, which gets that right. However, the Striker more or less feels fine against Armor, but it needs a debuff against Air big time. I'm not even sure if that is possible, but Striker is nothing short of ridiculous against Air. Either nerf its damage, or reduce the lockon/fire range, because 500m is NOT acceptable given the damage that it can put out (which is the highest DPM of any Rocket)

EDIT: yes, the Striker needs individual attention and not just "wait for the lockon changes Dash" because that affects everyone equally.
    • Up x 2
  18. Phrygen

same can be said for lancers against armor or pheonix before it was nerfed OHKing.Its OP against air. The lock on system is changing. It will be less of an issue for air after.

As for the the vertical thrust change, i'm not sure where the devs stand on it now, but they gave a clear reason as to why they are considering the change. The current ESF change had NOTHING TO DO WITH FORUM COMPLAINTS. It was brought to the test server because the new ESF weapons are apparently very ineffective against ESFs pilots that can use the reverse maneuver well. Its one of the reasons those weapons were added to the PTS in such an OP state, and why liberator pilots are freaking out as a result.
  19. IamDH

Im a pilot and i want to dogfight but noob AA and lock ons dont let me... so i bought lolpods
  20. CaligoIllioneus

I have recently started playing again since a long absence, how is the Striker going to be nerfed? I couldn't find the info.