Alert mechanics? VS won but alert continues ...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kozmyk, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Kozmyk

Mattheson - Amerish - Capture and hold 3 biolabs on Amerish

VS have done that, locked the whole continent in fact but the alert still continues.
    What's up?
    Been holding them for over 38 minutes,
    Do we have to wait the whole 2 hours now??
    Not only would that be crazy, it's boring as well.:(
  2. Yonasu

It happens sometimes, then you need to let one biolab go and take it back... did you have all 3 biolabs when the alert started?
    • Up x 1
  3. Stromberg

if you had 3 biolabs when the alert started, you need to lose one first and then gain it back. don't pin me down on this. it's what i read in another thread, i never actually encountered that issue myself.
    • Up x 1
  4. The King

ehhh, more feeding VS free certs.... lol
    pretty unfair.
    Wasn't there an alert right before that one right on Amerish, which the VS won with a dominate victory?(since the VS had 2x more than any others)
    And then everyone left, cept the VS to capture pretty much everything else?(VS had 70% pop) Then they put a bio alert a couple hours later on the same continent, which had the VS owning majority of it... if not all of it? :rolleyes:
  5. ScottishRoss

Well it's not unfair to the other factions. Hell, otherwise on Miller it'll either be the TR or NC who'll hold the Biolabs by sheer force of people or shotguns.
  6. The King

but this is on Matterson, where the VS gets pretty much free dominating victories many times a day.
    Sometimes they have to work for it.
    if this was TR with the same pop as the VS, and the VS has the same as the TR.. Then this thread would be the same, just TR in the title... and my post would say "more feeding TR free certs... lol"
    And the OP's avatar would be some guy in red..
  7. huller

found your problem.
  8. Cab00se187

Mattheson - Amerish - Capture and hold 3 biolabs on Amerish

VS have done that, locked the whole continent in fact but the alert still continues.
    What's up?
    Been holding them for over 38 minutes,
    Do we have to wait the whole 2 hours now??
    Not only would that be crazy, it's boring as well.:(

Fixed the problem you found
  9. Squirreli

Sounds like a bug. Most likely they've made it so that when a territory changes hands (or maybe if a battle ends or something), server checks if it was relevant to a current alert and if so, win conditions are checked. If no change of ownership happens, that check is never reached, even if the conditions would already have been met.

Be that as it may, the whole alert system is sloppy and there absolutely should never be alerts that are too easy for one side.
  10. Kozmyk

Yeah. At Xelas the NC capped a couple of the points but the dome didn't change hands, while I was there.
    I logged in just a few minutes after the alert had started so I didn't know the starting conditions.
    Got bored, logged off ...