Could use some help picking a weapon (Vanu)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Aexas, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Aexas

Hi everyone. I play a Vanu LA.

I've been away from the game for some time. I came back and saw that some new guns have been added. I like my Pulsar-C, but I see that the NS-7 PDW and the NS-11C are new weapons for LA. I trial'ed them both and really liked them; they seem a lot more "controllable" and accurate than my current gun.

Are these solid picks for a Vanu LA who likes to engage at medium/close range? I noticed the NS-7 is a bit low on damage but hey, it's really accurate so I can live with that. I've been away from the game for so long though that I'm not sure if these are considered good at the moment.

Sorry for the newbish question :p
  2. Kronic

NS-7 is just a dumbed down carbine and is only of use to infiltrators imo and the NS-11C is longer range oriented weapon so it wouldn't fit in with your close to mid range playstyle. The solstice is good for mid range with the VX6-7 and the serpent for close range. All you need as a vanu LA. Well, those guns a shotgun of your choice.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ganjis

NS (Nanite Systems) prefixed equipment becomes available to all characters of all factions on your account if you unlock with station cash (not certs though). If you like these weapons, they could prove particularly useful when you want to play another faction.
  4. Rogueghost

With the pulsar c being more of a medium-long range carbine I think you would find yourself more comfortable with the VX6-7 its a solid close-medium range carbine and is better at killing then those NS weapons.
  5. Buzzcut

As a Vanu you're best standing still at 50 metres from your target and using your knife. Really, it's a great idea and more Vanu (and TR) should do it.

Seems legit.
  6. Sneakier

DONT USE THE SIRIUS!

It's a medic/info CQC weapon

Solctise SF with Nade launcher is a favourite of mine

Epic at at medium range
    Behaves nice at CQC (not has good has the serpent or the sirius but pretty well)
    PLUS
    you get a nade launcher

Nades have perfect acuraccy while in the air

For most of my classes (except the mighty HA Orion) i use the sirius or the Solctise SF

Sirius is a hip fire CQC weapon, very relyable

The solctise SF is a medium range carabine, works very well at medium range plus nice rail attachments

LA can use either, pick the one that fits your playstyle and u will do great
  7. gregfox89

Sirius, siriusly!
    You can take out like 3 people point blank before reloading. More if you shoot, knife, shoot, knife. Maybe like 4 or 5. Okay realistically it's more like 2 people per mag but still! And the reload is damn fast.
    It's so damn accurate it's even good way out of ranges you should be using it at. You can stretch it to carbine range with soft point ammo, you can usually take out one person at medium range per mag, maybe wound another. It's pretty much a no-recoil hipfire laser with the advanced laser sight. I like it so much for LA because it's also really good while flying. Favorite gun in the game.
  8. vanu123

Id say get the SF and grenade launcher but if you are new it will take alot of getting used to. Also I think (I am not sure) LA can have the VX6-7 I know it is 1k certs but is a very solid gun.
  9. Frenk

The vanilla gun, the Solstice, with suppressor if you sneak behind enemy lines, 2x, Laser sight.
  10. Mythicrose12

The VX6-7 and Serpent are both solid choices. Just take note that a suppressor and soft ammo point ammo will have a drastic impact on your medium range shots. Also, have a little trigger discipline or you will empty a clip before you realize it.
  11. jak

Can't go wrong with the Sirius, NS11C, or VX6/Serpent for med-close. I prefer the NS11C, personally.
  12. Mannylol

Default gun (Solstice), VX6-7 and Serpent may suit your needs. I personally use the VX6-7; just slap on the advanced laser, SPA, and whatever optic you prefer. You'll be a killing machine.
  13. VanuSovereignty

The NS7 is absolute garbage, and you should not buy it.
  14. asdfPanda

If you have spare Station Cash, buy the VX6-7. If you don't, save up 250 certs for the Serpent.
  15. sindz

VX6-7, has the tightest cof with advanced laser, fastest reload and perfect rate of fire.
  16. ironeddie

I went solstice sf because UBGL. But with only a 3.4x scope I've found the weapon very effective at medium range & perfectly acceptable up close hip firing. So it suits the fights i find myself in.