Another MAX thread

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Gbank, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Gbank

So I am just going to put this here and see what everyone else thinks:

Instead of crying for more ZOE max nerfs, thought while needed.

Can the TR actually get a useful max ability? Like a jetpack or something.

Because in my massive experience with the TR max. I literally had one scenario when lock down was good. And that was only because i had a dedicated engy and medic.
  2. FrontTowardEnemy

LOL. Not a PS1 player I take it?
  3. Gbank

Unfortunately not. I have heard stories.
  4. daddy86

when you run a max you are supposed to have an engy with you and a medic is luxery.

if you run alone as a max you are asking to be killed end of story.
    If you get bored of it just run what 90% of tr run, heavy with striker or a steroid vulcan
    • Up x 3
  5. Gbank

My main argument is that the TR's ability is garbage compared to ZOE.

I would like something new to compensate. Or a massive ZOE nerf.
  6. Kulantan

Lockdown's DPS increase needs to be removed and replaced with a COF decrease allowing the TR MAX to work a longer range. Lockdown should be the opposite of an NC MAX; great at range, doomed up close.
    • Up x 1
  7. Flarenza

Easy way to fix ZOE and Hacksaw, small arms and anti-infantry weapons now do 90% less damage than they do now.
  8. maxx

how this game design TR is fine they can set up near control point kill anyone who gets close. the ZOE is way overpowered it supercharged infantry massive armor huge damage negative fast with almost no downside. It definitely needs to be balanced in order to make the game enjoyable for everyone who's not using one
  9. FrontTowardEnemy

I play TR and VS both. I use MAXes on both a lot. I use TR's lockdown completely differently and in different situations than the ZOE and I appreciate them both. Hence, I'm not disappointed/frustrated when I use lockdown.

I think you should play a VS character with ZOE certed and then tell me how it goes. Let me know if it turns out to be the God Mode you think it is. ;)

Just last night I was playing TR on an alert on Amerish and I pulled my dual Fracture MAX. No lockdown, just additional ammo and auto-repair. I was laughing to myself as I was shooting down Liberators with it faster than I can with my dual Bursters (I have dual Bursters on all three empires).

TR/NC would be horrified if the VS had something as awesome as the Fracture. The Comet sucks in comparison, but anyone who thinks otherwise simply hasn't used both enough to compare. My point being is this- if you think something sucks/is terrible etc., maybe you just haven't found what it's good for yet. People all too often (myself included) try something out and think it's crap, simply because it doesn't fit our current play style. Once players get a better understanding of a weapon/feature's capabilities then you begin to see instances where you can use it to extreme effect. Lockdown is brilliant, but very situational. You have to learn when/where to use it, and don't expect to be able to use it like ZOE.

In PS1, VS had jump jets for their MAX special ability, TR had lockdown (and the Burster MAX was exclusive to TR by the way) and NC had shields. I killed more PS1 pilots with the TR lockdown Burster than the plague. It was awesome. But again, very situational. Also, what rank of lockdown are you using? Get it to 5 and try it for a while and then let me know how it goes. Rank 1 isn't doing it justice.
  10. Purg

12 minutes from not wanting to cry about ZOE nerfs to crying for a massive ZOE nerf.

Well done.
  11. notyourbuddy

I wouldn't expect any kind of ZOE nerf. SOE tried balancing it on the PTR by giving it a cooldown/fuel mechanism that would have brought it inline with the situational TR and NC MAX abilities, but Vanu players threw a temper tantrum and SOE backed off.

So we are left with an OP ZOE ability for quite awhile. Possibly forever. Such is life.
    • Up x 2
  12. Van Dax

you are misinformed, it has never in any implementation had a cooldown. What you are referring to is a short period of time where in the pts the newly added zoe icon was red at all times, merely a graphical error.
    If the terran max got a jetpack Soe better bar their doors because I'd be coming for them, that was supposed to be our ability and then it was deemed op so we got zoe instead, go figure.
    • Up x 1
  13. Metaltoys

Fixed
  14. Eclipson

As nice as that sounds, TR weapons are not really well know for their capabilities at long range, aside from the Sabr and Mercy. Wouldn't really fit with any of our faction traits. I would say do what they did in PS1, and give us Overdrive, but they gave that to the VS. The funny thing is, that the dev team for PS2 is making the same mistakes that PS1 mad. In PS1, they gave TR lockdown, then the TR hated so much that they replaced it with overdrive. Now, they are running into the same thing (wtf they were thinking giving us lockdown again), but they can't replace our ability with overdrive because it would be too similar to ZOE.
  15. Rohnlex

I want railguns for my max instead of shotguns, but i know it will never happen.
  16. Kulantan

Faction specific engagement range is a silly idea. Not to mention it hasn't been implemented, NC are the faction of shotguns and midrange default guns like the SAW. Plus the best thing about anchor mode for the prowler is the ridiculous engagement range.
  17. Phrygen

the worthlessness of lockdown is the Balances out the someone OP nature of fractures when used correctly.

Just think of fractures as a special ability and it will be less bothers. Also... max out charge or at least up to 33 seconds. Its worth it.
  18. Kyouki

Or we remove maxes from the game.
  19. notyourbuddy

20. Crashmatusow

give me drifter jump jets so I can surprise the hell out of lolpodders with my burster max