Is anything being done about NC maxes and Zoe Maxes?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by xThundergodx, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Blackoth

I like my riot shield very much thank you, it can cover up grenades, and protect me while reloading. Not to mention at long range, is a great bullet sponge that allows the other members of my team to shoot the people wasting bullets on my shield. It seems that people like to shoot shiny things.

The charge was near useless and very hard to control since you could not actually stop it.

The shotguns are great for close quarters assault and defense of critical points. I personally dont care that shotguns are not good at long range because if you actually play with your weaknesses in mind then its not much of a problem. If we all do end up getting flame throwers, then for sure i would like 2 upgraded SAW's for arm weapons.

As far as zealot overdrive goes, I dont play VS at all so I cant give a fair opinion of them. All ill say is that its just another EZ mode button to add to their pile.
    • Up x 1
  2. Blackoth

Then why is it that on my server most of the NC max units have the riot shield? I cant remember the last time i saw a charging max?

Why would you want to charge into the middle of the enemy without support anyways? Thats a great way to end up dead.
  3. Curse_Gamerkin

Oh it missed its shots, how terrible, good thing ZOE and TR mercies never miss, its an old video and looking at one kill over the majority, typical NC logic, HE DIDNT INSTAGIB THAT ONE DUDE, NC UNDERPOWERED. Poor NC you cant instagib like that video ever since they nerfed shotguns months after release, but can still instagib at shotgun range, how underperforming you are compared to TR and VS.. wait, ur not. Hmm i guess all this NC whining is coming from somewhere, oh well i guess a NC scatmax missing some shots and being killed by a rocket is only a scenario were a NC max would lose, not just any max. Your max can kill any target faster than VS or TR so in the time NC would shoot and miss and be able to run away, TR and VS max would still be shooting and hit by the rocket.
  4. Shatteredstar

My only real experience isn't helpful on NC maxes, I either see them in the distance and they are zero threat, or I turn a corner and eat one to the face and whimper "anyone get the number on that truck?" seems like thats all I see of them. I have heard a fair bit about their midrange being made of suck but can't argue that.

ZOE on the other hand, seems one of those tricky things. Infantry wise it seems to be a skill game with the infantry > max after the Average skill level due to the fact a grenade and a rocket can pretty well win the day vs the ZOE. Average and below Max>Infantry due to lack of tactical ability. And the fact ZOE is really just a movement benefit vs infantry since bullet for bullet ZOE isn't giving a huge boost. Now with Max vs vehicle. Max has the benefit of utilizing cover better but we get into the skill argument again. If we had a shootout obviously armor would win, but for overall ability to cause trouble, I'd have to lean toward the max, ZOE or not there just due to the ability to hide and all that. Against Air...eh...ZOE is hard to gauge with how amazingly bad bursters are at the moment...ya it might be great, but that is assuming you can maintain fire on target given the craptacular spread, fall off, and possibility of doing no damage regardless. I'd say a 50/50 on ZOE vs Air.

I think we gets people about ZOE is that without some tactical thinking you'll get murder faced. With a little teamwork or good use of equipment/tactics ZOE goes down...and at 350 a pop and a cooldown...shouldn't be a big deal.
  5. SolidSnake

Ugh, I feel like someone is scratching their nails on a chalkboard when I'm reading your post but I'll try anyway. The point, the whole point, of your post was to "enlighten" the rest of us with your old video from January, showing that slug ammo is SO GREAT that every NC Max should be using it and it would take care of all our problems.

The Max is shooting at stationary targets who aren't aware of him and even with this he has to spam shots to make a kill. If a dual Mercies TR was in the same situation he could have easily killed all 3 targets, even more so with a ZOE Max. If the enemies had seen the NC Max there they probably would have moved, run for cover, strafe, anything but continuing standing still there getting shot. The reason I pointed out the one guy at 1:20 it was because he was THE FIRST guy up to that point who was aware of the Max and started strafing. What a coincidence that the Max missed ALL his shots then huh? then got blasted with a rocket, forcing him to charge away.

Yes, we know that Scatmaxes can still kill infantry with a couple of shots at close range, CLOSE RANGE. The problem is, and what you don't seem to understand, is that not all fights happen within 10m. Just because a Scatmax can 2-shot someone standing 5m away doesn't mean the Max is fine and nothing else needs to be done. Most NC players will tell you they'd gladly trade shotguns for better mid-range weapons, at least I would. SOE keeps trying to make Maxes have same TTK on their weapons but refuses to see that we don't have any effective mid-range AI weapons. I have started using Ravens more often 'cause I'm sick of getting blasted by infantry further than 10m and not being able to do anything but put up a shield or spam spam spam shots hoping to get one kill before I have to run away. Are you joking that ZOE Maxes can't kill people fast enough? HAHAHAHAHA. Wow, you must be a VS player. TR players have a legitimate right to complain in that area, but then again most of them use Fractures as AI weapons, so they're kinda in the same boat as NC Maxes.

I can't make it any clearer than that, if you still don't understand it, there's no hope for you.
    • Up x 2
  6. Psykmoe

I don't care about ZOE vs Shield and I'd let the other empires have my Scatterguns immediately if I'd get Quasars for them. QUASARS. I'm not asking for much here, I'd take the most milquetoast of automatic MAX weapon.

But we'll never get Gauss Rifle arms or anything like it so I run slugs. Best tool for the mid range job we have, even if it's not very good Compared to other empires mid range options. At least they kind of work
  7. Adept

I'm using melee attacks to stop it early. My problem with charge is that even if you stop it early, it uses up the whole bar.
  8. Curse_Gamerkin

TL DR, NC underpowered cuz instagibbing isnt easy enough.
  9. SolidSnake

Heh, exactly my point. Making lazy arguments using old videos from 6 months ago, by a lazy poster who can't bother to read 3 paragraphs. I should have known better than to try to argue with a lazy troll. I'm sorry was that too lengthy of a response? here I'll summarize:
    "Wahhh Wahhhh Wahhhh I got killed by an NC Max, WAAAAHHH nerf it some more WAHHHHHH." /tantrum.
    • Up x 2
  10. Curse_Gamerkin

Relax man, that was to troll you. ur not reading any of my posts if you believe anything ur typing.
  11. Cryptek

QQ harder.
  12. Complextro

Man I loved the time when you only had the sprint ability... i´m sure the terrans and nc wouldn´t care that much loosing their shield or their lockdown ability and go back to the way it was ( i´ve never seen a lockdowned max in combat anyway). I imagine only Vanus would be ******** cause it would totally ruin their gay parade;)

Also I agree that shotguns for the NC Max should be replaced with machine guns. Balancing the same type of weapon is a lot easier and wouldn´t cause those arguments.
    And out of experience I can say: running around on an open field with shotguns (even with slugs) is a very bad feeling for obvious reasons. So I´d rather take a Heavy Assault if I can. And by 'open field' I mean also going for that B and C point outside the Tower or crossing a Techplant/ Ampstation.
  13. Xasapis

As a VS, the main thing I would miss if ZOE was to be erased, would be the ability to run from base to base at a tolerable pace. Especially now that MAXes are expensive and you can't dump them, grab a flash and then deploy another to the next base, it's a blessing that this pseudo travel mode exists in the occasions I don't run with outfit transportation and I have to leg it.
  14. Goretzu

I can't believe they haven't put travel mode in.

Then again I can't believe they've nerfed NC AI MAXs to the level they have and I can't believe MAXs cost so much in a game that crashes so much.
  15. artisticFreedom

You know how's an great way to balance the NC MAX Shotgun,and shotguns in general?
    Avoiding making "shotguns",and instead making "shotguns"
    And by that,i mean making realistic,effective even at medium/long range shotguns.Okay sure,it'll equal it with other weapons,but still it has an "shotguns are cool" feel to other people...or at least,i hope there is.
    Not sure what we will do with slug rounds tough.
  16. WaaWaa

Lol agree with zoe nerf.
    Leave NC MAX alone it's fine as it is! A buff will get people crying a nerf will make it dam near useless (which some would argue is already or very close to that state).
  17. Thuggernauttt

well a few of you PM me asking to settle this with a rap so I will

Scatmaxes are so weak
    while ZOE and TR max be OP freaks
    We betta get a change or u know what we'll do
    Go play BF4 or Black Ops pwnin some noob
  18. MaxIdea

Here is an idea NC Maxes looks like they were cobbled together out of scrap compared to other maxes so why don't all NC primary weapons besides SMGs and Snipers have attachments which allows you to use say your heavys LMG on your max and since they look cobbled together make them a little cheaper too, the points to be figured out by soe. to nerf the ZOES they should not get flak jacket while the have ZOE one or the other but not both and ZOE has a delay timer before they get to use it again,
  19. Xasapis

3 months old necro.
    • Highest performing MAX in the game doesn't need further buffs
    • Ability nerfed to oblivion is no longer cause for complaints