M3 pounder HEG?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Upgraded434, May 31, 2013.

1. Upgraded434

actually I did testing about fractures vs pounders and three shot with fractures and all the ammo in your pounder including the reserve.
    • Up x 1
  2. OldMaster

I have both pounders :(
    It's a shame: a VS Max with dual comet can one-shot infantry at mid-long range without bulletdrop. With a dual pounder you can hit 40 bombs without killing anyone. Where is the sense?!
    • Up x 3
  3. Ourous

Pounders are fine.

20-2 in a biolab a few days ago.
  4. Takoita

Pounder splash radius is quite decent last time I checked. The damage though... And projectile arc... And such thick smoke trails...
  5. Psykmoe

Still better than Falcons. Same listed velocity, but Pounders go 100m/s out of the barrel and Falcons don't hit 100m/s until they've flown about a hundred meters. They're both not so good compared to Comets and have horrible convergence problems but at least the Pounder's tooltip is less misleading ;)
  6. Pikachu

I might get the 2nd one just to see if that is true. And to derp around. :D
  7. Louis Farrakhan

they should make the pounder splash damage better, right now the pounder is too inaccurate for long range, but misses at short range from the dead zone.

just because it is a cheap weapon doesn't mean it can be bad or not fun to use.
  8. OldMaster

Wich means you weren't shooting vehicles, that it's what it's supposed to do...
  9. vanu123

You have the best MAX weapon in the game aka Fractures. Deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Louis Farrakhan

if they don't improve the pounder im going to buy the fractures, FOO. you want to force me to use an OP weapon? no. I will not deal with it. instead I will try to improve and balance the game. go buy your p2w toys.
    • Up x 1
  11. vanu123

I thought it was the VS that dont use anything that isnt OP?
  12. vanu123

So you are a 4th factioner. I dont know where you got the bullying from. If that is the case you want balance then how about a speed and damage buff to the magrider, a lancer buff, a striker hammer nerf, Zero bullet drop for EVERY VS weapon, give every Infiltrator either a semi auto sniper instead of the NC default 1 shot headshot one, buff the VS anti vehicle weapons, andmake the Saron the 1 shot skill cannon it used to be, along with a host of other balancing issues. TR do not need buffs at this point.
  13. Louis Farrakhan

my statement is the pounder needs to be buffed and fracture nerfed. fracture is not a sidegrade but an upgrade and that's against the principles of this games design.
  14. Ourous

They work fine for that too.

I was pointing out that although harder to use for infantry work, they don't suck by any means.
  15. ent|ty

Haha, I'm also one of the few that use them, but I don't hit anything with them.. they're so useless.
    my Comet VS is far superior and accurate to my TR Pounder MAX.
    • Up x 1
  16. Balrogos

I have 2x pounder and now i hate them and buy Fractures :<
  17. Goldy

Eh........................................................That was more of a problem of Metro being a horrible, HORRIBLE map. I mean, just look at it. Disgusting.
  18. Goldy

The problem with the Pounder as stated before is that they're on the precipice of broken weapon territory. This isn't even subjective, all objective. Come take a ride with me on my train of thought:

#1 You can't mix weapons with the Pounder.

I've tried, You can't put a Onslaught (or it's counterparts) and a Pounder together, (Unless you're at the sweet spot range of the pounder) both of them mind you under the same family of "close range weapons" but you'll rarely, RARELY have a situation where the Onslaught and Pounder will both hit the same target, you just won't. Nullifiying the whole point of dual weaponry that is unquie to the MAX.

#2 Convergance ruins skilled play.

Iunno about you but when I aim at the chest of a guy, pull the triggers, I kind of expect the projectiles to connect. The pounder (and other vanilla MAX AV) have a wonderful quirk where the projectiles fly past the target. Unless you're at the Pounder's sweet spot range where the projectiles converge properly, it's gonna be a struggle to hit anything that isn't a vehicle.

#3 It's just bad.

Comparing Fractures to Pounders its objectively clear that Fractures are superior every way to the Pounder. It's not even a debate, you CAN do #1 and #2 with the Fractures, can't do it with the Pounders. The one plus I only see with the Pounder is that it's cheap compared to it's counterpart.
  19. Shoza Nakh

Yesterday I pulled stock TR MAX and had something around 40 kills with defending Crown B and C points. For my 26 Heavy Cycler kills where was solid 16 Pounder HEG ones. You can't say this gun can't kill infantry, it just do it worse then dedicated AI weapon.
  20. Pikachu

Found another one. :D
    [IMG]