Hossin on Test, Available Now

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Kalyper, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Kalyper

Hossin is now available for play on the public Test server.

We have closed off the outer rim of Hossin so it will be considered Out of Bounds. So we have temporarily added Forward Garrisons. These will act as small warpgates with all the same features as a normal warpgate, just...smaller.

Remember, this is test server so there will be bugs. Please report them so we can continue to make this an awesome continent! Thanks for the help everyone and hope you enjoy the new swamp lands. :D
    • Up x 8
  2. Freeze74 Developer

Also, plesae give us your thoughts about the Interlink facility on Hossin.

thanks!
    • Up x 5
  3. RasFW

You guys are making multiple threads for the same subject. tsk tsk tsk. Do I need to bring up the forum guidelines? ;)
    • Up x 3
  4. Brusilov

The Interlink facility looks awesome!

One of its benefits could be the aid of dome shields but limited to some small outposts/bases. (perhaps like seen on the dropship center in ps1)
    • Up x 2
  5. icodroid

it's probably a noob question but...how can i play the hossin continent?

do i have to download the public test launchpad?

because it seem to me downloading a second copy of ps2: 9gb
  6. Nepau

Yes the public test client is a seperate copy of PS2. It's far easier for them to have 2 seperate installs instead of using 1 for keeping the Data straight.
    • Up x 1
  7. lolitank

is it ok if i post bug videos here?
  8. BurntDevil

Hossin is too beautiful. Downgrade please, its making my jaw sore.
  9. lolitank

[IMG] forgot to take something out SOE
  10. ScrapyardBob

The area around Fogerty Dam where infantry and vehicles can mix by the yellow insta-suicide water is going to be griefer paradise. Bump your infantry teammates with a vehicle, send them flying into the water?

Also found two bugs around the area. On one side of the dam(?) there is a place where you can get your head under the water level because the land is depressed at that location. The outcroppings of the building also have weird terrain hiding abilities. The visual size does not match what is being occluded/culled in the background. So trees off in the distance are vanishing before they should be culled from the viewpoint. Easily seen as I strafe left/right at the corner.

11. Takoita

The first one happens on live too.
  12. Puppy

Energy Bridges are like doors ;3 (hint) But, I do think they should only allow allies to make it friendly. That way allies can't troll by turning it the wrong way.
    • Up x 1
  13. Torok

F*****g Awesome counts as feedback? :D
    Can we have those energy bridges a bit longer? this way when it's being hacked there's more chance people might actually fall to death if not fast enough :D

plz
    • Up x 3
  14. Ebon

Just walking off the edge and plummeting to the ground when you step off into the "water" with no resistance feels unfinished for lack of a better description right now.

Would it be possible to do something like combining the effects of a downward hover lift to simulate sinking with a pain field to cause damage in those areas instead?

Not a huge deal, but still it's just odd as is.
    • Up x 1
  15. lolitank

if the dome shields on some of the maps stuff you forgot to take off or really part of the map
  16. MichaelS

Hossin - AWESOME
    What a great view and an awesome place to fly a plane. The gal is a little tricky, but great design.

BUT - come one, no spash when you ride a car in the puddles? is this 1995?
  17. NinjaTurtle

I sure hope there is more green goo.

My main problem with the game in terms of base design is how many of them are copy and pasted. The bio labs for example are the exact same everywhere. Ok the points may be slightly different in their placement and some teleport rooms are used and other times not but the layout is essentially the same, buildings, landing pads, spawn room etc

Would it be too much too ask to restyle the labs for hossin. At the very least have some of the plant life breaking through the bio dome and spreading itself over the floor giving more obstacles. Have a couple of the buildings broken, cracks in the walls/roofs where the plant life is pushing through etc

Or better yet rather than having essentially one floor with a few buildings spread around make it instead 5 completely separate floors:

- Spawn room on the top floor
    - Numerous teleports from the spawn room around the facility so the defenders aren't stuck
    - A cap point on each of the other 4 floors
    - Numerous gravity lifts per floor between the floors directly above and below
    - You could vary things up by giving one lab 4 landing pads
    - ....or maybe even none and make it instead either entered by underground tunnels that lead to gravity lifts for example
    - Vents to crawl through that also lead up and down floors

This a rough idea.

Hate seeing the exact same building transferred over
    • Up x 4
  18. Itzhaki

Bug: Galaxy terminal in VS forward spawn does not work
    Bug (kinda) lattice is poorly implemented on Hossin. Can't have fights because the lattice is made for the large-scale full map.
    Feature request - give more resources because we are lacking a lot of the map, so it's hard to get resources for testing.
  19. Kaale

I'll let you know If I ever get enough resource to have a look past the warpgate. before someone blows up my vehicle and I have to start again.
  20. Larington

Spent a few... yikes... five hours going through all the bases currently on Hossin looking into any feedback I can give. It's wall of text time again, fans!

Asides:
    -I want to take a moment to mention the art for wall/tower segments used for outer base walls. I've long felt that these are visually too busy with lots of nobbly bits sticking out, they force you to work a lot harder to make out enemies among the facilities and increase the load on graphics. It might be time to redo battlement wall/tower assets so they aren't quite so detailed in terms of shape.
    -Sometimes sunderer drivers will charge a sunderer right up the entry staircase of base wall towers and deploy it in that space, I'm wondering if that's something that should be prevented or not.

The bases

Cairn Station
    -I like how this facility is effectively 3 small bases in one territory.
    -There's good cover in the areas between bases so troops can push back/fore well.
    -Suggestion - place an AA turret in the courtyards of the B & C capture point mini-bases to help combatants fend off air (I suggest the courtyards so it's harder for them to be picked off by ground AV that isn't close to the base.

Hunter's Blind
    -Really like the verticality of this base.
    -It's possible for a light assault to work their way up some trees to access the base.
    -The mushroom clusters that jut off the sides of trees are solid, you could place more of these on certain trees to provide light assaults with extra routes that they can patiently bounce to-from to get into the upper level of the base.
    -We really need certain jump pads & elavator pads to show on mini map for easier navigation.

SRP Hydroponics
    -Lots of small cover inside the facility is good.
    -Facility being up a bit off the ground should limit excessive vehicle camping.
    -Like that there's an AA turret close to the spawn building.
    -Don't see anything that I think could be done to improve the base.

Genesis Terraforming Plant
    -Lots of cover is good.
    -putting an AA turret between A & B (Or on top of C building) might be nice though perhaps unnecessary due to lots of tree canopy in the area
    -The spawn building teleport would probably be better off leading to the building just north of B instead of being such a short jump to merely the nearest capture point.

Ixtab Monitoring Post
    -The two bridge approach should be quite fun.
    -Southern approach road could probably do with a little more small/medium cover on the western side of the road.

Ixtab Western Hollow
    -Like that one of the spawn building exits opens right into an indoor area, no pain field on the spawn building atm though as far as I can tell (unless it's not reaching to the outer edges of the walls of the spawn building).
    -Very bumpy terrain should make infantry combat interesting/fun, lets of areas to duck into whilst shield recharges or for grenades to roll into.

Ixtab Overflow Station
    -Like the reduced approaches to the capture point where the door has been blocked off.
    -Bugged a section where there's lots of fauna sticking up through metal floor panels.

Ixtab amp station
    -Noticeable performance hit in this facility.
    -I've bugged an issue with assets unloading near the west base shield generator

Hurakan Southern Depot
    -Lots of good pathing set up for troop movement, good amounts of cover.
    -Not seeing anything I think could be adjusted.

Hurakan Western Pass
    -Good pathing here, a teleporter that jumps you to a building that, on its roof, has jump pads for quick movement around the base.
    -Good cover and varied elevation for areas in which combat could take place.

Hurakan Secure Storage
    -I like how this base is quite direct and simple, with large approach that takes you up to the Interlink that then allows you to shoot down on troops whilst forcing them to flank around you if they want to get up to that overlook. Meanwhile it's a quick run to the two gate walls so there's actually three routes you can push along.
    -Pathing for getting troops to man your vehicles is a bit indirect but it's not so bad that it needs something done about it.

Hurakan Interlink
    -I like that controlling C can give you the ability to watch over the approaches to capture points B & A.
    -Badly needs signposting of elevator pads on mini-map in the four wall-towers that are used to access the upper-most level.
    -This base suffers particularly badly for visual business in the wall sections.
    -Could do with symbols painted on walls/floors that point the way to vehicle spawn (At the teleporter mainly).
    -Would prefer that some more of the door flaps on the roof of the mid level of the central base were closed.
    -Not sure cyan is the best colour to use for the VS mode of the energy bridges, looks a little too blue/NC.

Fort Drexler
    -Good variance in fighting up/down elevations.
    -To mix things up you could try putting anti-infantry turrets in place of where some of the AV turrets usually go on the tower building (The positions facing at & away from the shield generator).
    -Tower's definately going to need the AA turrets though.
    -Probably already aware, but I've bugged the non-functional jump pads anyway.

Iron Quay
    -Like that the base isn't at ground level.
    -However only having one entrance could be an issue, suggest having a tree log leaning against the south wall could provide an extra route into base.
    -Uhming and ahing about lack of AA turrets here, was thinking there could be a teleporter that sends you to a single small building near the ammo tower that has one or two AA turrets on it.

Wainwright Armory
    -Like that the tree log is positioned so it's easy to push to A but takes some effort to jump around on nearby rocks to push from A to spawn building (to camp it).
    -Be nice if there were a dirt path only navigable by troops & flashes up the SE mountain towards Broken Vale Garrison/Hurakan road.
    -Suggest the shield gen be moved to the banana/semi-circular building and a second capture point be moved to the eastern building to spread combat over the facility a bit more.

Hatcher Airstation
    -Like the variance in elevation for combat.
    -The tunnel between A & B is going to see a lot of combat, would recommend some small cover in it (small crates, rocky outcroppings, etc).

Acan Biolab (and satellite facilities)
    -It's weird to be in a biolab and see trees OUTSIDE the dome.
    -Combat around these bases looks to be tight and claustrophobic which is a nice change from what we usually get.
    -The Southern Labs continental map base icon needs to be moved to the capture point instead of the bases main south gate.

Broken Vale Garrison
    -Good mix of elevations but I feel sorry for anyone underneath underbarrel grenade users
    -Think there should be an AA turret on top of the building just west of the spawn building to help fend off enemy air and protect re-arming vehicles.
    -I do wish the gaps between the sections of that large landing pad had hazard tape along the edges, almost fell through the gap (Near where the jump pad lands when jumping away from spawn building).
    -Noticed there's a hand back route to the capture point through troop only paths NW of the capture point.

Fogerty Damn
    -I like how restricted the pathing is in this case.
    -If you're going to have murderous toxic algae, please make it a gradual kill like spawn room pain fields instead of instant. I just tried jumping across some rocks to the side of one of the bridges and barely tapped the stuff and died.
    -Looks like all the turrets are unusable.

Bravata PMC Compound
    -Like that there's a large tunnel that can be used as cover, expect you can't put an AMS in it due to cap point proximity which seems a pity.
    -Bugged fauna sticking up through metal panels and a thorn bush asset sticking through ceiling in same area.

Vex Biologics
    -Plenty of good cover and short runs from building to building, should get some intense troop battles here.
    -May need AA turrets, depends on the curvature of the shield dome above.
    -Base feels like it ought to have 3 capture points instead of 1.
    -The base has two buildings where an upper exit doesn't lead on to any kind of balcony asset, one exit has been fenced off but the other hasn't.
    -Even with the awning on the south jump pad approach, I can see a lot of sunderers dying, most smart sundy drivers would probably use the western parking spot.

Staggered Mesa Outpost
    -Really like the presence of the under area for the bridge between the two bluffs/peaks, could probably do with some fencing on the approaches and an extra box in the middle.
    -Bugged an area where terrain pokes up through building floor and floor panels quite badly.
    -Really like how much small cover is scattered around the base.

Woodman ASE Labs
    -Would suggest the name be adjusted *before* people start calling it **** (a rude word) labs. You know it'll happen!
    -The NE side of the base feels really exposed, the wall anti-air turrets are quite a long run away, suggest putting an AA turret near the east shield generator, an engineer can then do AA and respond to the generator if need be as well.
    -I love tunnels that you can hide vehicles/troops in & fight over, unfortunately this one seems to have a nasty issue with assets unloading when running north through it, bugged the issue.

Nason's Defiance
    -Might be worth swapping some of the anti-vehicle turrets in mid level of the central tower to anti-infantry, since there's already plenty AV turrets along the walls.
    -Not so sure about making the upper most turrets anti-infantry instead of anti-air though.
    -Looking forward to fighting over C at this base, it'll be almost like fighting in a PS1 facility.
    -Really need the elevator pads for the tunnel network to be shown in minimap.
    -Bugged fauna sticking up through floor panelling.
    • Up x 3