Lovin' these ESF changes!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Naehloseht, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Naehloseht

I think this change will be the best thing since sliced bread, keep up the amazing work SoE!
    • Up x 3
  2. vulkkan

Yawn. 3/10 move on.
    • Up x 2
  3. Elia Chobanov

Sarcasm? I hope.
    • Up x 3
  4. IBleedblueyellow

=)

air at the moment has way to much free reign in this game. good to see some nerfing. now get rid of scrubs in lolpods bragging about k/d using a weapon infantry has no defense against
  5. Aki

yeah, welcoming the nerf, it will at last be interesting to see whose skilled in air
    • Up x 1
  6. exLupo

As someone who isn't a pilot, you've missed the point of the change. Life is going to get -easier- on the worse ones out there so you're going to have to deal with more low-skill ESFs. The really good pilots? They spend all day shooting each other. The ones that will have an easier life now (and this may make more come out of the woodwork) are the ones who are going to farm footzergers who don't know how to press AA MAX buton.

You're celebrating your own demise.
    • Up x 10
  7. Stigma

Yes, nerf the air-2-air capabilties of skileld ESF pilots. That will surely make ESF rocketpod scrubs pound the ground less... wait what?

This is why people who don't fly should refrain from commenting. You are missing the point entirely.

-Stigma
    • Up x 9
  8. Oreo202

Have fun getting hoverpodded more.
  9. Stigma

All the comments from non-flyers thinking this is a great idea makes me chuckle. Not only because they obviously have no basis for having an informed opinion about air-vs-air mechanics, but because they miss the point entirely and think this will somehow benefit them...

You know what the end-game of this change will be? The high-skill pilots who run ESFs now (the ones who just don't just end up leaving that is) will transition to dalton-libs. They are already currently some of the most dangerous and versatile AA in the game, and after this ludicrous change that only allows you to strafe-dodge at 1/4 speed goes through then that will mean that they get exponentially more effective against ESFs. Currently you need a top-end pilot to deal with a top-end dalton-lib in a 1v1 (this can even be done solo-lib by the best pilots) and air-strafing is basically the only thing that allows you to have a chance at staying alive and whittling the lib down - hoping to not make a mistake and drift into any of the lib's death-zones. daltoning ESFs at that speed is going to be easy - and you know what that those liberators will do once they run out of air-targets? They will be pounding the living **** out of the ground. Hope you look forward to that...

-Stigma
    • Up x 3
  10. CNR4806

YES for hoverpodding and hoverdogfights! Skyguard food!

... That's pretty much the only upside I can think about this.
  11. Seaker Drone

Lolpods are pathetic, most of us use main gun and kill faster with less ammo.
  12. DeadliestMoon

Not everyone has a second burster unlocked, or a air lock-on missile.
  13. drfrozenfire

I actually enjoyed the maneuverability offered by the changes. I do wish, however, that the craft didn't fall as fast now. Gravity seems to have been amplified in general
  14. Seaker Drone

Ya but people have AA as secondary's, there are AA turrets, heck even your main rifle does decent damage to ESFs.
    • Up x 2
  15. Seaker Drone

There is no maneuverability. We are like wounded ******** fish with this new update and the only way to get real kills will be to hover LOLpod ground targets.
  16. bodmans

Lock-ons, nuff said
    Burstermax/base turret(although turret is squishy), nuff said
    Small arms fire focused, nuff said

250 certs for A lock on, nuff said
  17. DeadliestMoon

Well I unlocked the lock on for ground vehicles first. Besides, ESFs shouldn't be hovering to bomb the crap out of anyone, they should be used to just fight other aircraft and that's it.
  18. bodmans

So should links against ground, but an AA libis quite popular.
    And groundpounders now are only half as good as They used to be.

Stop playing CryAboutWhatKilledYouSide 2 and pull AA counters
  19. Emotitron

More non-pilots celebrating something that pilots hate, because clearly ANYTHING good pilots want has to be bad for infantry?

This isn't going to stop infantry from getting farmed in any way shape or form. All it is doing is making dogfighting bland and will reduce it to a game of 'he who gets the jump gets the kill'. Top pilots will start using A2AMs if running becomes the only option when jumped.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428085254812877185
    Here was my little experiment with A2AMs... and I am not even one of the best pilots. Aces are just going to wreck new players worse if this change happens.
  20. Niller

Wait what? Most of the people kill infantry with their maingun? Or did you mean other aircrafts?